Chapter 8: Wedding Dress

The Perfect Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning of the wedding Sun Hee woke up feeling nauseous. She ran across the hall to the bathroom and only came back minutes later with a toothbrush in and a sad expression.

Seunghyun’s cousins and aunts filled the hall outside the bathroom offering Sun Hee all the help they could.

“You poor thing” one of Seunghyun’s aunts told her as she placed Sun Hee’s hair behind her ears. “I don’t even know what could be coming out of you if you haven’t even eaten yet.”

“That’s why she is sick, she needs to eat” another suggested. “Sohee go tell them to bring up some food for the bride.”

Sohee was ready to run down stairs when Sun Hee stopped her. “No, no, no, I’m fine. I don’t think I can keep anything down right now.”

“Because you’re pregnant or because you are getting nervous about the wedding?” Yenny asked.

Sun Hee looked down at her swollen stomach and patted it quickly. “Maybe both” she laughed.

***

Seunghyun woke up when he heard a knock on his door. He didn’t get much sleep that night being away from his home and Sun Hee.

He was in a hotel room because both his father and grandfather had told him it was bad luck for him to see his bride before the wedding. The whole night he kept thinking of Sun Hee and if she had rested well.

Another knock on the door got him out of bed. When he opened it he saw a bright eyed Minho holding coffee in one hand while the other held the hand of his son. “You look rested” Minho joked, he could clearly see Seunghyun hadn’t had much sleep. He handed him the coffee he knew he would need.

Yoogeun let go of his father’s hand and ran inside Seunghyun’s room. “You have to hurry Uncle Seunghyun. Daemo is waiting for us.” He ran around exploring his surroundings.

“Sorry Yoogeun is excited because he’s never been in a hotel” Minho laughed as he saw his son exploring the room which was identical to the one they stayed in but to Yoogeun it seemed different.

“How do you do it? How are you so wide awake at this hour?” Seunghyun asked. He found it unbelievable that Minho looked bright and was even able to make jokes.

“Because of him” Minho pointed over to Yoogeun who was in front of the television with the remote in his hands. “My life revolves around Yoogeun. He is a very energetic boy and I have to keep up with him. I just naturally evolved to meet the requirements of my son.”

Seunghyun found it hard to believe someone could change so much naturally.

“You will see, when your baby is born you won’t be able to put him down. Even if you haven’t slept in days you will find the strength to keep going and care for your child. That’s just nature.” He quickly changed subject by pushing through the door. “Now then let’s get ready or you will be late for your wedding and my son will sell us both out to Sun Hee about how we were just standing here instead of getting ready.

A few hours later Seunghyun made it to the church with plenty of time to spare. Minho and Yoogeun followed him as he went about greeting those who had arrived early. Everyone was standing about outside the church making small talk when one car appeared in front of the church.

“Haraboji” Seunghyun quickly went down the church steps to help his grandfather out of the car. “Oh Seunghyun you are in for a surprise. Sun Hee looks beautiful. Just like all the Choi women.” After his grandfather was out Seunghyun’s father jumped out as well. “Your grandfather is very excited for today.”

Seunghyun chuckled, “I can see. It’s like this is his wedding.”

Mr. Choi laughed, “in a way it is. With this he proves to himself that the Perfect Couple Computer wasn’t a waste of his time. Also the whole reason he made it was for you. He wanted to take care of you and make sure you could find someone perfect who can not only love you but take care of you. Sun Hee is that person, she has cared for your family as if it was her own from the first moment you took her home. She loves you as much as you love her and the love you two have for each other has even broken the Choi curse.” Mr. Choi air quoted then laughed. “I can’t wait for my grandson to be born.”

“Grandson?” Seunghyun asked.

“She didn’t tell you?” Mr. Choi’s jaw dropped as he went through Sun Hee’s words in his mind. “After the wedding not before.”

Seunghyun gasped then covered his mouth with his hand. “I’m having a son?”

Mr. Choi nodded “Congratulations” he hugged Seunghyun who also hugged him. “Why am I always the last one to know?”

“Sun Hee likes to surprise you but it seems Haraboji and I both can’t keep a secret.”

Seunghyun nodded “but don’t worry I’ll act surprised when she tells me.”

His father laughed to himself as he walked away “I’m sure you will.”

***

Finally, it was time for Seunghyun to get in place. He stood in front waiting for his bride to come into sight. When she finally did he was speechless. She always looked beautiful to him but today she was gorgeous. Her long white dress complimented her. It was almost like that dress was made for her.

Minho handed Sun Hee over to Seunghyun and he held her hands in his. He was speechless

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter