Chapter 10: Ten Years Later

The Perfect Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji-Hoon” Seunghyun called out to his soon who instantly appeared behind him.

“Mmmm” he responded without any words.

Seunghyun handed him his jacket. “Let’s put on your jacket so you can go outside.”

After Ji-Hoon put on the jacket Seunghyun got down to his level and helped him adjust it. As he was doing this Ji-Hoon starred at his father then tilted his head to the side. “Appa” he began talking in his low voice. “I want a new one” he pointed to the driveway where his white car was parked next to his brother’s red one.

     

“You want a new car?” Seunghyun asked a bit scared that it was really what his son wanted. He knew he would be in trouble with Sun Hee. He remembered the first time he bought the twins one of those kids’ cars resulted in Sun Hee becoming a nervous wreck. She would panic and constantly worry about them when they drove it even if it was only inside the mansion gates.

Ji-Hoon eagerly nodded “that’s all I want.” The corner of his mouth even curved up to show a faint smile. Seunghyun knew this was truly what his son wanted. He almost never changed facial expression unless he was having fun driving fast in his car.

“What do you want Hoon?” Ji-Tae suddenly appeared next to his brother ready to go outside as well.

Choi Ji-Hoon (10)       &       Choi Ji-Tae (10)

   

Hoon pointed at his car and Ji-Tae gasped “I want one too! That one is too small.”

Seunghyun looked at the two faces that stared back at him and gave in. “Okay if that is really what you want I will get it.”

“Yay!” Ji-Tae shouted as he ran out into the garden.

Ji-Hoon followed behind him. “Tae wait” Ji-Hoon called out to his brother knowing he would run off without remembering what they were doing.

“Appa help me”

Seunghyun turned to see his third son waiting for him with a scarf in his hand. “You need help with that Ji-Ho?”

Ji-Ho nodded then handed the scarf to his father. “When is Yoogeun hyung coming?” he asked as Seunghyun wrapped the scarf around his neck.

Choi Ji-Ho (9)

“His Appa will bring him here when everyone is ready outside. Okay?”

Ji-Ho nodded then headed out to find his brothers.

Just as Ji-Ho cleared the door a small figure ran past Seunghyun causing him to run outside himself. “Not so fast little lady.” He caught the little girl and picked her up.

“Ahhh Appa!” she laughed knowing she was caught.

“Where do you think you are going without a jacket Ji-Soo?” He put her down once they were back inside.

The little girl fixed her hair that had been blown around by the wind when she quickly tried to escape her father. “Umma said it’s okay to go like this. See” she pulled her shirt up revealing another shirt. She put two shirts.”

Choi Ji-Soo (8)

“Umma said so?” he asked not sure if she was telling the truth. He knew she disliked heavy clothing and was naturally warm so she would fight against wearing jackets. She only wore sweaters when it snowed and opted for having Sun Hee layer shirts on her instead.

Ji-Soo nodded “I promise” she held out her pinky.

Seunghyun accepted the promise and wrapped his pinky around hers. “Fine you can go.”

Finally, he was able to stand upright, after inspecting so many kids his back would ache. He was tall so every time he had to help them he would have to bend down. He thought he would be used to it after so many years but it still hurt.

“Oppa!” Sun Hee called out to Seunghyun as she made her way down the stairs. “Tell your daughters they have to go outside or they won’t get any cake.”

Seunghyun sighed as he saw the two girls that were making their way down the stairs with his wife. Each one held one of Sun Hee’s hands until they got to the bottom and separated from her.

Choi Jia (6)       &       Choi Ji-Na (7)

“Appa please we can’t go. Outside is too ewww. We could die!”

“Ji-Na stop being so dramatic please” Sun Hee had been begging her daughter to get dressed so they could go outside and wait for Yoogeun to get there for his surprise birthday party but the little girl was stubborn.

“Appa is it true can we die?” the other asked looking very worried at the door knowing her siblings were already outside. “I don’t want Ji-Soo and the Oppas to die” she began crying.”

“That’s not true Jia” Sun Hee went to her youngest daughter and picked her up.

Seunghyun was amazed at how much power Ji-Na had over Jia. “Ji-Na nothing will happen if you go outside. You know that, you always go out there. Just because you fell down and scrapped your knee once doesn’t mean anything.”

“But Appa it really hurt” she whined as she looked down at the big white bandage that was around her knee. She had been playing outside and tripped when she tried catching up to Ji-Tae who ran really far into the side of the garden where many small hills appeared.

“Ji-Na you just have to be careful. Now go upstairs and change please?”

Ji-Na sighed, “Fine but I won’t like it” she stomped up the stairs in a dramatic manner.”

“Thanks Oppa.” She was relieved that he had been able to get her to go change. “That girl is all attitude” Sun Hee felt like she aged two years every time she talked to Ji-Na.

Seunghyun laughed, “She is.” He then looked over at his youngest daughter who had tear stained eyes as she laid her head on Sun Hee’s shoulder. “And this one is just a sensitive little bunny.”

Jia sniffed before wiping her wet cheeks. “Appa I’m not a bunny.”

“You are.” A white little fluffy bunny” he took her from Sun Hee’s arms. “You know Ji-Na is just scared to go outside because she fell. Nothing will happen if you go outside. You always go and nothing happens right?”

Jia nodded.

“Then is it okay for you to go outside?”

She nodded again.

“Let’s go get you dressed in warm clothes then.”

Sun Hee gasped “my hero” she kissed him glad that he had been able to solve the problem.

***

“Happy Birthday” Sun Hee, Seunghyun, and their kids shouted as Yoogeun got out of the car. He instantly ran over to them with a smile on his face.

“Woah” he saw presents that were nicely wrapped waiting for him at the table next to a cake with his name on it. “This is what you were hiding from me” he turned to his father who was making his way to them.

Minho laughed and nodded, “Someone wanted it to be a surprise.”

“It was me” Sun Hee opened her arms for her now teenage godson to come to her.

Yoogeun instantly went over to her and hugged her. “Thanks Daemo.”

“Awww you’re welcome my little Yoogeunie~” She gave him a kiss on the cheek only to get some jealous sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter