Chapter 5: Sober

The Perfect Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun's POV is his side of the story. The part that he is telling Sun Hee. All this before is insight to the day that it all happened. So you know the whole truth.

_________________________________________________________________________________

-4 Years Ago-

Seunghyun knocked on the door “Hey it’s me is Sun Hee in the building? I can’t find her anywhere.” As he approached Minho’s desk he noticed a worried look on his face.

Minho put his phone down and stood up to greet him. “I’m sorry Seunghyun I know you and Sun Hee were supposed to go out today but I asked Sun Hee for help with Jaeri. I just don’t know how to deal with a pregnant woman. It’s like nothing I do is right so I get yelled at then a second later she’s crying wanting me to comfort her.” He sighed, “A rollercoaster of emotions I’m stuck on for two more weeks.”

“It can’t be that bad.”

Minho’s eyes widened in bewilderment. “Let’s see if you say the same thing when you are in this position with Sun Hee who for your information has a low tolerance for pain unlike Jaeri.”

Seunghyun laughed, “yeah Sun Hee is a big kid in an adult’s body and luckily for me I still have a wedding to go through before all that. Buys me time to prepare for the rollercoaster of emotions.” At that moment his phone vibrated as he received a text message from Sun Hee. “Looks like I’ll be going to your house to pick up my fiancé. Need a ride?”

“Sure” he picked up his coat and phone before following Seunghyun out the building.

When they got to Minho’s apartment Sun Hee was already outside waiting for them. “What took you two so long” she asked as she ran over to Seunghyun and hugged him. “I missed you” she said in a low cute voice before giving him a quick kiss.

“Me too” he responded then gave her another kiss that lasted longer.

“You two need to stop being so lovey dovey in front of me.” Minho complained.

“Hey” Sun Hee shouted. “You and Jaeri did the same thing okay. I never said anything. Now go with your wife. She’s feeling nauseous so make sure she it’s the salted crackers I got her and be prepared to help her to the toilet.”

Minho nodded as he retained all the instructions Sun Hee gave him. “I’m starting to think babies are so much more work than I thought. I just wanted to have fun and give Jaeri what she wanted but now I’m here stuck seeing her suffer.”

“Aww Minho” Sun Hee hugged him. “It’s okay. Just wait until he’s born and then you will see it was all worth it. Jaeri will be full of happiness when she gets to see her baby boy. I’m sure you will be too.” She poked his chest “you’re just a big softy on the inside.”

He swatted her hands away playfully and straightened his suit. “Don’t tell your publisher things like that.”

Sun Hee laughed at Minho’s attempt to regain his composure. “Yes Boss sir” Sun Hee saluted him before going back to link arms with Seunghyun. “Let’s go Oppa.”

Seunghyun agreed “Bye Minho, good luck.”

***

“That was delicious Oppa. You always know the best places to eat.” Sun Hee praised him.

“What do you expect from a former chubby boy” he laughed.

“Oppa that’s not funny. I liked chubby Seunghyun. He was cute” she smiled remembering the cute boy who she attached herself to.

Seunghyun pretended to be upset “Are you saying I’m not cute anymore?”

Sun Hee shook her head, “You aren’t cute… you are handsome though.” She laughed seeing the slight surprised and disappointment on his face before it turned into happiness. “It’s hard to see you as cute when you have such a deep captivating voice and a sharp jawline, you are just so masculine now.”

Seunghyun sighed before nodding. “I think I can live with that.”

The both began laughing at their silly conversation.

After paying Seunghyun and Sun Hee left the restaurant with no intentions to go anywhere else the rest of the day. “Let’s go home” Seunghyun suggested.

“Your house?” she asked him wondering if he wanted her to go there or if he preferred going to her small apartment.

“You mean our house” he corrected her. “Very soon you will be living there with me permanently.”

Sun Hee laughed, “That will be nice” she laid her head on his arm.

When they got to Seunghyun’s family mansion they were greeted by Haraboji. “You brought the beauty back to the mansion Seunghyun.” Haraboji went over to Sun Hee and hugged her.

“You are too much Haraboji.” Sun Hee giggled.

“Just honest my dear.” He let go of her and pushed the two of them towards the stairs in the direction of Seunghyun’s room. “You two have a good time up there.”

“Haraboji” Seunghyun sternly called out to his grandfather for insinuating that they should have .

His grandfather only shrugged, “I don’t see the problem. You have my blessing besides you two are going to get married soon. It’s okay to start celebrating early.” He then left making Seunghyun feel awkward.

Sun Hee laughed at Seunghyun’s red face. “Haraboji always makes me laugh.”

“He’s such a strange old man.”

“He’s just happily living life Seunghyun. He’s been our age before and knows what he’s saying.” She nudged him. “Why do you act so innocently like we haven’t already done something?”

Seunghyun opened the door to his room with a bit of a scowl. “Well believe it or not… I really had every intention of doing things the right way. I wanted our first time to be our wedding night but I just love you so much. You are so beautiful and I couldn’t resist any longer so I messed that up.”

“Awww Seunghyun” Sun Hee opened her arms for him. “You are just so sweet.”

He felt his face become red as he held her.

“I’m glad you are the man I am marrying. I don’t think I could ever find someone as perfect as you.” She kissed him making sure to convey her feelings to him. “You are the perfect man for me.”

“You are the one who is perfect” he told her. “You always were so kind and beautiful. I just had to make myself perfect for you.”

“No, you always were perfect for me. Chubby and cute or fit and handsome, no matter what it is Choi Seunghyun and I love him.”

He laughed “and I love Song Sun Hee.”

She smiled and began kissing him once more. As soon as she got him to lay on the bed she heard his phone ringing. “Oppa your phone.”

“It’s okay leave it. Just come here” he called her over to him but she picked up his jacket from the ground and fished out the phone. She quickly checked who was calling and gave it to him. “It’s work you have to answer.”

Seunghyun reluctantly answered the phone. “Hello… Be right there… Bye.” He hung up and sighed as he got off the bed. “I have to go deal with some stuff at the hotel.”

“Do you want me to go with you?”

He shook his head, “it’s okay, I’ll be back soon. You can stay here and rest. I’ll call you when I’m done.” He gave her a kiss goodbye then left.

***

Seunghyun arrived at one of the many hotels his family owned. When he got there he went to the conference room his assistant had told him to go to. When he got there he saw his assistant standing outside the door with a file in his hands. “Sorry for calling you so late Mr. Choi but I couldn’t handle things on my own. They kept offering me drinks but I’m not very good at handling my alcohol.” He hiccupped. “I just feel awful. I let you down sir.”

“Rule number one Mr. Lee, always stay sober. Even if they offer you alcohol you take it but don’t drink it. Just toss it over your shoulder when no one is looking.” He took the file from him “I’ll take it from here.”

“Thank you sir.” His assistant waited for Seunghyun to go inside before run

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter