Chapter 9: Welcome Home Babies

The Perfect Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun’s grandfather entered the living room, cane in one hand while the other held onto the seat he was trying to get into. He slowly sat down and began receiving greetings from his family.

“Good morning Grandfather”

The elderly man had a bright smile on his face when his granddaughters greeted him in unison. “Good morning dears.”

Then his daughters approached him. “Good morning father. How are you feeling?” one of his daughters asked before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m great my dear.” He smiled to reassure her.

“Are you sure father?” Another asked before giving him a kiss as well.

“How can I not be? I’m meeting my grandson’s today.” He eagerly awaited Seunghyun and Sun Hee’s arrival. Because of his old age the hospital wasn’t a good place for Haraboji. It would be easy for him to catch something.

The door opened alerting everyone that someone had arrived. They all sighed when they saw it was only Seunghyun’s father. “It’s just uncle” So Hee sat back down feeling disappointed.

“Did I do something wrong?”

Haraboji laughed, “no, everyone is just waiting for your son.”

“No, we are waiting for the babies” Yenny corrected before sticking her head through the curtains. She wanted to be the first to greet them.

Mr. Choi laughed.

Yenny jumped as she saw Seunghyun’s car enter the gates. “They are here!” Yenny shouted as she got her head out of the curtains. She ran to the door and opened it to find Sun Hee’s smiling face. “Unnie” she hugged her.

Sun Hee almost fell back from Yenny’s excitement. “Hello Yenny.”

Seunghyun walked behind her with two car seats, one in each hand. A blanket draped over each one obstructing Yenny’s view of the babies. “Can I see them? No, no, no can I hold them.” She asked excitedly.

“Of course” Sun Hee answered.

Yenny led them to the living room where everyone waited patiently for the new parents and newborns.

“Welcome home” everyone shouted.

“Thanks everyone” Seunghyun looked around and saw almost all of his family had gathered.

“Sun Hee” Haraboji instantly stood up causing Sun Hee to instantly go to his side. “You don’t need to get up Haraboji. She sat him back down and he instantly held her hands in his. “How are you feeling?”

“I should be asking you that. I only had a baby, many women do that but what about you?”

“What do you mean” he asked.

She looked over at Seunghyun then back at him. “He told me.”

Haraboji sighed, “You shouldn’t worry about me. I’m fine I will get over it.”

“I worry because I would cry if something happened to you that didn’t allow you to see those two grow up.” She began to have tears in her eyes.

So Hee gave her a tissue “don’t cry Sun Hee. We should be happy. Show us those babies.”

“Yes show us” Haraboji encouraged her.

“Me first” Yenny shouted.

Sun Hee nodded, when she looked at Seunghyun she saw he still had the car seats in his hands. “Oppa you can put them down nothing will happen you know?”

“On the ground?” He asked in disbelief.  “I can’t do that.”

“Yes you can” she went to take one from him but he moved it out of her reach. “No you can’t carry heavy things.”

“Wow” Sun Hee gasped before turning to Haraboji. “He’s been like this all day. He won’t even let me carry my babies.”

“You can carry them” Seunghyun defended “but you have to sit down.”

Mr. Choi went over to Seunghyun and took one of the car seats. “I agree Sun Hee you shouldn’t carry the car seat, it’s too heavy. But Seunghyun you are being too overprotective.” He put the car seat on the coffee table and Seunghyun did the same.

Sun Hee took the blankets off of them and revealed the two newborn baby boys. First she unfastened the belts for the one Mr. Choi had placed down and got him out of the seat. She carried him with ease in her arms and showed him to Haraboji. “Haraboji, this is your great grandson Choi Ji-Hoon.” She handed him over Mr. Choi who stood beside him “and your grandson.”

He smiled at her then looked down at the little boy who was sleeping soundly even when he was in a room full of noise and people.

Seunghyun had taken out the other baby already and skillfully handed him to Sun Hee. “And this smiley guy is Choi Ji-Tae.” She lowered down to let him get a good look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter