ANNOUNCEMENT

kodawari reviews } busy and hiring!

Hey there, everyone! 

Sorry for the sparse updates; we’ve been busier than we had originally expected, but we’re hoping to get more reviews up shortly! That being said, we’ll be closing the request form for the time being as we prioritize finishing the requests currently in our queue. If you’re here to confirm a request from December, please note that we’ll be extending the confirmation deadline to August 6 at 11:59pm EST.

It’s come to our attention recently that some individuals tend to focus on our scores rather than the feedback that we share. Here at Kodawari, we believe that scores are just numbers: they don’t possess the same volume as our words, and by choosing to only focus on scores, it can be easy to forget about the improvement that we strive to promote at this shop. Our intention has always been to point out the weak spots in our requester’s stories so that they know where they can improve as they continue to create—not to discourage others from writing. I cannot stress this idea enough: though our words may be sharp at times, we only have the intention of sharing what we’ve learned about writing with those who ask for our feedback. We’re just four kids in college who have a penchant for fiction, and as we continue to work here at Kodawari, we hope to improve ourselves as honest reviewers who can share our love with others (even if that love can be a little tough).

That being said, we’ve unanimously decided to begin removing scores from reviews that obtain a mark of under thirty-five from our published reviews. These scores will not be released to anyone outside of the Kodawari staff (requester included) under any circumstances. Since we take some time to finish each of our requests, it’s completely understandable if you’ve forgotten whether or not you requested for a scored or unscored review. If this is the case, feel free to privately message any member of the Kodawari staff and we’ll be happy to let you know.

We’re thankful for everyone that’s continued to support us and for the oodles of patience that our requesters have for us. It can be really easy to get discouraged sometimes, so we’re eternally grateful for you guys. I know I say this a lot, but it’s only because it’s true: we wouldn’t be anywhere without you.

lots of love,

jess and squad kodawari

some nifty links: