The First Night [첫밤]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM- 시작이 좋아 Verbal Jint ft. 강민희 [click here]

After a while of clinging on to Sehun's back, Hanseul had lulled off to sleep and the wolves finally came to a stop. Hanseul looked absolutely adorable. Her hair had been tousled with by the wind, flowing down her right as her left cheek rested on the crook of Sehun's neck. Her dark, thick eyelashes cascaded downwards as her pink lips were barely parted as she slept with her arms wrapped tightly around the wolf's frame. 

Leo shifted back into his human form to get her off, but Suho had beat him to it. Suho gently pried her off Sehun's back and carried Hanseul bridal style into the cave they would be camping out in for the night. Suho's lips twitched upwards in amusement when he saw Hanseul unconsciously snuggle closer to his chest. They would rest and get to the eastern coast by tomorrow. 

Leo frowned. That was his job. Luhan used his telekinesis to lay out the sleeping bag for her and Suho set her gently on top of it. Leo was surprised. They were surprisingly gentle towards her. He was confused. Why were they so nice to her? 

D.O. smiled. "We're about to eat. Would you like dinner?" 

That shook Leo out of his thoughts. He nodded, quickly becoming aware of the incredibly awkward environment. He could feel the stare of every other male in the cave. It was as if they were going to pounce on him. Why were they looking at him like that? 

With Luhan's ability again along with a little help from Chanyeol, a camp fire was set, and Lay and D.O. made some stew as they roasted sweet potatoes. 

Hanseul was still sleeping, but Leo couldn't stand the atmosphere. 

"Do you guys have a problem with me?" He snapped. 

The wolves unknowingly flinched. Were they that obvious? 

"Leo-sshi, what's your relationship with Princess Hanseul?" Kai questioned bluntly. 

Leo looked at them, wide eyed in confusion, but it only took him a minute for it to click in his brain. He laughed out loud, clutching his stomach. So that was it. 

Some of them looked a little irritated. 

"I'm not involved with her romantically if that's what you're asking." Leo said with hands up as he comfortably dug into the food. "I'm just her sworn guardian, another brother and best friend." Leo assured them. 

"You don't think she's attractive?" Baekhyun questioned. 

"Well, I know she's gorgeous, but she's really... dense." He finished. He laughed. "Good luck on a werecat like that." He said as he paused in thought. "Usually, werecats are very... intuitive. They have a very good intuition, almost like a sixth sense. Hanseul's sixth sense kind of ." He laughed. "Plus, Hanseul and I have grown up together. A romantic relationship between the two of us is preposterous, and the last thing you have to worry about." 

The change was immediate. A little twinkle appeared in the Princes' eyes as they sighed in relief and loosened their posture. They were glad Leo wasn't anything like that to her. 

"Who was that other guy?" Chen questioned again. 

Leo knew who they were talking about without even pondering about it. "Daehyun? He's..." He didn't really know how to describe him. 

"He obviously has a thing for her." Tao said with a roll of his eyes. 

Leo laughed. "She's not even your mate yet, in fact you guys are barely on good speaking terms with her. Why are you so concerned?" 

"Because we're kind of curious." Xiumin said with interest. 

Leo huffed. "Well, if you must know, Daehyun is her fiance. Sort of. He was sent to Earth so they could grow up together and 'fall in love'" he said as he made quotation marks. "But that never worked, seeing how dense Hanseul is. And also, it's not really official. If Hanseul bonded to someone else, she probably wouldn't have to marry Daehyun unless she bonded to him too." He said while munching on more food. He was starving. 

"Did she ever like him back?" Xiumin urged. 

Leo laughed. "I'm not going to answer all your questions about her. Get to know her for yourself." 

"She's kind of hard to approach." D.O. admitted. 

Leo raised a brow. "She is? Why?" 

"She's really mysterious... and she's gorgeous and all, but she seems... I'm not sure how to describe it... different from us?" D.O. struggled to put his emotions toward her in words. 

Leo shrugged. "I know she was raised on Earth, but she was still raised as a princess. She's a person. Not that much different from any of you. I would advise you not to get on her bad side. She may seem like an innocent little kitten, but when she gets pissed..." Leo trailed off, chuckling. 

Hanseul woke up in the middle of the night. She hadn't gotten that much sleep the night before so when they sat her down, she slept throughout dinner. Leo was sleeping next to her, and all of the princes were sprawled out in sleeping bags. She giggled at the sight of them all. Some of them weren't so princely when they were asleep.

Kai had his leg crossed over D.O. while Sehun was sprawled out like an eagle on top of Kris and Tao while Luhan seemed to be off to the side away from the others. 

She couldn't help but let out a giggle. Hanseul wandered outside toward the cave, she took a look around the night scenery and stretched. Being a werecat, she had pretty good night vision, but the bright moon illuminated almost everything. 

She liked exploring at night. It made her feel like some bad detective. She walked outside the cave and heard a river a few feet away and decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter