The Confrontation [대결]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: It's War - MBLAQ [here]

(unedited. I'll get back to it later.)

He didn't believe it. He refused to believe it. All those years he had spent by her side, they surely could not have been a waste. He was sure she had felt something too. He just didn't want to open his eyes to the cold hard reality. Those years hadn't been a waste.

Why? He hadn't lost yet. In fact, he just started. He would not lose his rightful fiance without a fight. 

He cocked his head out the window as he saw a clutter of people come in towards the palace. Leo stood by his side. 

"Daehyun hyung." He whispered regretfully. 

"Is she happy, Leo?" He asked as he willed himself to not break down. 

Leo solemnly nodded. 

"I'm sorry. But I'm still going to try." He whispered against the breath of the cold night.

Leo put his hand on his shoulder. "I understand, hyung. But if you make her cry or unhappy, just know that you should stop, or I'll make you." Leo's voice ran cold and hardened at the end of his sentence. He was no longer Daehyun's friend, rather, he was speaking as Hanseul's guardian.

Daehyun nodded. "I wouldn't expect anything less, Kim Leo." 

"Oppa, give it back!" Hanseul squealed. 

Kai stuck his tongue out at her as he held her purse even higher. "You're so short." He chortled. 

Hanseul looked offended. "Hey, for your information, I am taller than most girls. I'm 168 cm! Give it back!" She said as she tried to reach over his head for her belongings. "Oppa, why are you so mean to me? I barely even know you!" 

Kai smirked, but his little smirk was quickly replaced by a gasp as Hanseul tripped over Kai's feet and sent them both tumbling down. 

"Ow." Kai groaned. Hanseul had fallen down ontop of Kai. He had caught her by the waist and Hanseul was glad her hair was cascading downwards to hide the rosy blush that was forming on her cheeks. 

"Maybe I want to get to know you more." Kai whispered into her ear as he drew her even closer to him. 

Just as Hanseul was about to reply, she felt another force lifting her up from Kai and holding her closely to a firm, toned chest. 

Hanseul looked up and saw Daehyun's face. He seemed a little irritated, but any hints of anger vanished when Hanseul brightened up in his presence. 

"Daehyun oppa!" She said in shock as Daehyun snatched her purse back from Kai for her who had scrambled off the floor. 

Kai didn't look pleased. "What are you doing here?" 

"Oppa, don't be rude." Hanseul snapped as she turned around to Daehyun, totally oblivious forever. 

Kai was pissed. Damn, Hanseul was adorable but how did Kris and Chanyeol stand her naive nature? The man clearly had a thing for her. He gritted his teeth. 

Hanseul gave Daehyun a hug as she stayed in his arms. She had missed his presence. "Hey, oppa. How have you been?" She smiled. 

D.O. came jogging up the stairs. "I heard a noise--" Oh. He thought in his mind. No wonder. Even though he wasn't even Hanseul's mate, he was annoyed with the other werecat who had his arms around Hanseul with an adoring gaze. It was similar to the look he and his brothers gave Hanseul.

This wasn't good. 

All of exo, Leo, Hanseul and Daehyun sat on the couches as they listened to the news he had brought from afar. "The werecats have officially entered the war to avenge our former king and queen. We also have a decoy wielder in place so that the demons will be side-tracked, so Hanseul-ah, be careful, but you can actually shift now if you want to in battles or the sort." Daehyun summarized. 

Hanseul looked overjoyed. "Really? Awesome." 

Leo looked towards Daehyun. "When do you have to leave, Daehyun hyung?" 

Daehyun's eyes met with each and every exo member. Daehyun his chin, just to piss them off as he put his arm around Hanseul's shoulders. "Oh, I don't know. Hankyul hyung told me to check up on you guys. So we'll see how long that takes." 

Kris and Chanyeol had to fight off a growl.

Hanseul smiled. "You can stay as long as you need to, okay, oppa?" 

Daehyun smiled back at her. "Of course I will, thanks, Hanseul-ah." He said as he mussed her hair affectionately. That definitely pissing off the rest of the boys, even the ones who weren't even bonded to her. 

Sehun didn't know what was overcoming him, he wanted to snap at the blonde stranger for touching Hanseul. . He wasn't even bonded to her yet. What had she done to him? 

Throughout the day, Daehyun intentionally did things that provocated the rest of the boys. Chanyeol and Kris definitely wanted to rip his head off by the end of the evening. He would sometimes tuck Hanseul's hair behind her ear, and being the oblivious cat Hanseul was, she didn't say anything. 

The rest of the exo boys gathered in the room at night. 

Chanyeol came in a little later. "Is she sleeping?" Kris asked. 

Chanyeol nodded. "Yeah, once she was asleep, I snuck out." 

"What exactly is their relationship?" Kai asked, vexed that Daehyun had ed Hanseul and him earlier on today. 

"Leo says they were supposed to be fiances, remember?" Xiumin reasoned. 

"But he doesn't know that we're bonded to her." Chanyeol stressed. 

"He can't not be doing that on purpose. The dude probably already knows what's going on." Baekhyun argued. 

Kris nodded. "Leo might have told him everything." 

"That makes sense." They agreed. 

"Then let's just tell him to leave and keep his hands to himself." Sehun growled, his eyes flashing gold. 

Kris gave him a brief glance. "She's not even your mate yet, calm down." 

"Besides, from what I can see, Hanseul's totally oblivious. She genuinely missed the dude. She grew up with him since she was five or six, right? No matter how he sees her, Hanseul sees him almost like family. We can't make him leave." Lay argued. 

"It's so obvious he's been friend-zoned though. You think the man would give up." Tao shrugged.

Suho nodded. "Not to mention, he was partially here as an envoy. They're our allies and we can't treat them like that." 

A white cat with leopard brown tiger spots crawled into the room. 

"Hey, whose cat is that?" Tao asked. 

"Maybe one of the servants'?" Luhan paused. "It looks too polished to be a stray cat." 

Little did they know, the cat was Hanseul in her domesticated form. Hanseul first off, wasn't that dumb. She noticed the princes were agitated throughout the day. So she pretended to fall asleep and followed Chanyeol out once he thought she was asleep. 

"What should we do?" Chen pondered out loud. 

"Maybe you guys should get over it?" Came Hanseul's voice where the cat had been. 

Tao flinched and sharply exhaled as he put a hand over his heart. "Hanseul-ah. You scared me." 

They had missed it, but Hanseul had shifted back into her human form and was now laying down on the floor next to Tao with her stomach down. 

Chanyeol checked the door. "Where did you--" 

"You were the cat." D.O finished. 

Hanseul nodded. "Wow... I never knew Daehyun oppa liked me that way. I knew you guys were upset over something, but I didn't think you'd be jealous over a little thing like this." 

Kris frowned. "Hey-" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter