The Tattoo [문신]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[double update: read Ch. 25 if you haven't already!]

BGM: Baby Don't Cry - EXO-M [here]

After many wraiths and many vampires that had been slaughtered, the remaining few chose to run away at the sight of their fallen comrades. 

Exo, Hanseul and Leo all wanted to take a break before going on. 

"We can't. We stirred up a lot of commotion with that fight, and with Hanseul's aura, worser things might come chasing after us if we don't keep on moving." GD argued. 'Note to self: give Hanseul a sealant tattoo.' GD muttered to himself. 

"Is everyone alright?" Suho asked as he did a brief check-up of everyone. 

Sehun had a gash on his arm, but it was already healing, thanks to their werewolf abilities. Everyone had a few scratches and cuts here and there, but it wasn't anything their own healing wouldn't fix. 

Lay frowned when he saw that Hanseul's cuts weren't going to close anytime soon. "Lily flower, did you take your iron pills?" He asked with a tsk. 

"No, not really." Hanseul squeaked. 

Lay sighed as he put his hands over Hanseul's injuries. A soft warm light emitted from his palms as Hanseul's wounds began to close up. 

GD muttered a spell as he swept his hand over the ground as he crouched down. 

His magic pulsed in waves, beams of his magic spiralled outwards, just like a ripple in the water. He opened his eyes as he projected an image in his palm. 

"There are more creatures coming toward us." GD announced grimly. 

"The same ones?' Kai asked. 

"No, I don't think so, but I can't quite tell what they are." GD responded. "This spell only acts as a sonar system." 

"We need to get out of here, quick." Suho agreed as he eyed the thirty something moving dots on GD's little system. 

"Can you teleport us up there, Kai?" Lay asked. 

GD shook his head. "You can't teleport up that mountain. There's spells to make sure you cant, or else I would have poofed us there." 

"So what should we do?" Luhan asked.

GD sighed. "Damn it, I really didn't want to have to resort to this option." He glanced toward Kris. 

"Kris, I'm going to need you to summon the dragon that you're connected to." 

Kris's eyes widened. "Summon who, what, how?" He asked. 

GD rolled his eyes. "Don't make me repeat myself." 

"But how?"

GD put his hand on his hip. "Well, I don't know, dragon brother. They gave you powers, do your thing!" He said in exasperation as he began muttering. "I swear heroes get dumber and dumber each generation." 

Kris was utterly confused and lost. He assumed GD was talking about Razelle. There was no other dragon he really knew enough to summon. 

"Close your eyes and concentrate on forming a link between you and the dragon. It's similar to forming a telepathy link with your mate." GD hinted. 

Kris closed his eyes. He opened his mental link as he thought of Razelle. 

"Is it working?" Tao pestered. 

"Shh, let him concentrate." Xiumin urged. 

"Hanseul-ah, it might help if you give him one of your feathers." GD muttered. 

Just as soon as Hanseul handed Kris one of her feathers, the feather turned midnight black as it lit itself on fire. 

Chanyeol put his hands in the air. "I swear that's not me." 

Kris opened his eyes to see the flaming black feather in his hands. Within seconds, the boys and Hanseul heard a gigantic roar behind Kris. 

He had succeeded. Razelle had arrived. 

"You summoned me, Dragon brother?" Razelle asked. 

"Yeah, I did. Could you carry us all up there to that mountaintop right there? We need to get there fast before more creatures in the area pick up on Hanseul's magical aura." Kris explained briefly. 

Razelle nodded. "No problem. Hop on back." Razelle's gaze hardened when it landed on GD. "Everyone but the wizard is welcome." Razelle corrected himself. 

GD scoffed. "I'll meet you guys up there. Save your scales, dragon. I wasn't going to ask for your help anyways. I can teleport up there faster thanyou can fly." 

"Only because you're a freak of nature." Razelle snapped back. 

With a snap of his fingers, GD was already gone.

"Why were you so hostile to him?" Kris asked out loud. 

Razelle shrugged as he took flight off into the sky. "Wizards and Dragons don't get along. We're already an endangered species, we don't have enough dragons to spare to have them follow the wizards. What makes you think I'm going to like the one who is the founder of them all?" 

Within a few minutes with Razelle soaring at full speed, the boys and Hanseul had already found themselves at the peak of the mountain. Razelle watched them get off before he bid goodbye and left. 

"Thank you, Razelle!" Hanseul called out. 

"Any time, Miss Wielder." Razelle replied as he disappeared in a flash. 

GD was waiting inside the cave for them. "Took you guys long enough." He said as he got out his obsidian amulet. 

"Do you still need a feather?" Hanseul asked. 

GD shook his head. "Not with me here. Besides, Hanseul-ah, your feathers are loaded with magic and are almost sacred to the rest of the magic race. Don't use them on a whim, okay?" 

GD's amulet started glowing. It gave off a bright white light. With the stone in his hand, GD started to carve in seals on the wall. 

"Gamma beta theta tau." He murmured. 

The seals pulsated with magic as they responded to his words. Suddenly the ground beneath them shook as they were suddenly teleported into a different place. 

"We're here." GD announced. "You guys must be tired, we've been traveling all morning and afternoon. Follow me." 

GD led them into his castle. The Wizards' village had a medieval charm to it. 

"Oh wait, which reminds me. Hanseul-ah, I think I should give you a sealant tattoo." 

Hanseul's eyes bugged out at the word 'tattoo.' "Wait, why?" She asked as she tried not to stammer. 

"It'll hurt... a lot, but it'll control your magical aura and connect your magic to your mates even closer. It can even act as a power storage." GD admitted. 

"Do I have to?" She frowned, making a kitty face, hoping she cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter