The Promise [약속]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM- Humanoids by TVXQ! [here]

----------------------------------------------

Kris glanced down at Hanseul who looked utterly perplexed and a little frightened by the situation. And somehow, a genuine desire to protect her and see her safe spread throughout the corners of his heart. He had to keep her safe at all costs. He could feel her emotions, and her thoughts-- were selfless. She wasn't worrying about her risk of exposure or anything, she was rather worried about him and his brothers and the wellfare of the other citizens at the party. Kris squeezed her hand and gestured for her to follow. He pressed a stone on the wall and ushered her into a secret passage. "Hanseul-ah. Don't worry, and stay put." He said sternly. 

Hanseul sighed. Why did she have to play the damsel in distress? However, she felt such intense worry and attentiveness emanate from him that she couldn't possibly bring herself to refuse his request. 'Okay.' She silently mouthed as she sent him off. 

Kris took one step but had a feeling she wouldn't stay put. He whisked around and kissed her forehead. "I mean it." He whispered against her skin. "Stay put. I promise to protect you always from now on, baobei." He said as he breathed in her intoxicating scent of citrus and passionfruit.

Hanseul slumped a little bit. How did he know her so well? "Okay, I will, oppa. Just go." She said with a weak-hearted grin. 

Kris went out and morphed into his wolf form. Most of his brothers had already phased as well and they were working on how to combat the dragon. 

The wizard cackled as he just sat by watching the dragon tear down the whole place. Kai narrowed his eyes, flashing a perturbing yellow before he teleported right next to the wizard and mauled his back from the neck down with his sharp claws.

The wizard hissed in pain but smirked as he muttered a spell and a beam jutted out from his fingertips. Kai easily teleported away from it and kept on repeatedly landing a blow to the wizard. 

However, the dragon was not an easy as a target as the wizard was. Dragons had less magic than wizards but their mass and sheer size not to mention, their dirty tempers made them truly formidable opponents. With a flick of its tail the dragon destroyed the buffet tables set up for today, and citizens were all over the place panicking and trying to escape with their lives. 

Kris dodged a swipe of the dragon's claws as he propelled himself into the air. Chanyeol tried to figure out why the dragon was so enraged through his mindcrawling abilities. He had the ability to explore and manipulate others' memories. He paled when he saw the wizard kill one of its young and put a spell on the dragon itself to make it incapable of being mitigated. The dragon would be on a rampage until it ceased to exist or either until simply everyone else ceased to exist, and clearly the latter was unacceptable. 

Xiumin growled at the wizard. *What do you want?* The wizard had guts to attack their capital city. This was an all new to the war. 

The wizard smirked as he spoke in a magically amplified voice. "My dear citizens of Exo," He said as his voice dripped with insincerity, "I will leave you alone... if any of you know perhaps where I can either find the next werecat ruler or the wielder of the black pearl is." 

The wolves paused in confusion. Next werecat ruler? The king and queen had perished? Wielder? Why would the wielder be here in the werewolf kingdom? 

All the Exo princes growled protectively, especially Kris and Chanyeol when they realized that the damn wizard was looking for their mate. 

Hanseul hissed as she watched the dragon tear down the festivites and her eyes unknowingly flashed blue in the dark through a crevice in the wall. Suddenly, the dragon's eyes flashed a dangerous amber hue, and the dragon started to rampage toward her hiding spot in the wall. 

Kris yelped when he realized the dragon was going to tear down where Hanseul was hiding. He was going to tell Luhan to try and hold back the dragon, but it was already too late. The dragon had torn down the part of the wall Hanseul was hiding behind with a giant smash with its forearms. 

Hanseul stepped out of the shadows. She had seen the dragon coming in time to dodge the smash. 

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at the wizard. "And just how would we werewolves know about the werecat population?" She asked insolently. 

Chen tried to nudge her back into hiding. Was she crazy? What if the wizard had some weird spell that could tell expose her true identity or something? 

Hanseul gave the wolf a look to knock it off. 

The wizard smirked at her, obviously entertained by her attitude. "And what if I said that I heard rumors that the wielder was residing here?" 

Hanseul didn't look enlightened as her face remained impentretable. "Then you're quite foolish to attack the kingdom on the night of the biggest full moon without even knowing those rumors are true." she said acridly. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter