Dream to Reality

My Sleeping Kyu

*Flashback*

 

Just then, I got a text... it was Eun Ah:

 

"Oppa, fighting!~~ I found something in your room before you went on duty. Mianhe... I thought it was time you gave it to eonni already... Open the right-side pocket on your backpack when you get this. It's waiting for you there^^ Take care <3"

 

"Eyyyy, this kid," I laughed. "You think after all these years she'd stop sneaking into my room."

 

I placed my backpack on my lap, feeling up the right side to find the bulging pocket Eun Ah was talking about. I could feel the rounded edges of a rectangular-shaped box, and my eyes shot up. I didn't even need to the pocket to know what it was.

 

"Ani, is this...?"

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

 

"Jagiya~~" I managed to utter.

 

"Ne?" she said while picking up the last handful of popcorn and throwing it back into the bowl. She sat closer to me on the floor. The words were about to escape me, before I trailed off, staring at the white puffs dangling off the back of her head.

 

"Y-you have popcorn in your hair," I blushed, looking away at the floor and hating myself for chickening out.

 

She rummaged her hands through her hair and shaking her head profusely to get the popcorn out. It would've been easier just to run her fingers through her hair to brush the popcorn off, but watching this, I was BREATHLESS. Every detail about her in that moment-- the light frizz of her hair, her long slender fingers plopping on and off her hair, how her lips stretched across her face with every swing of her head-- made my blood boil, and this time... not in an angry way ;)

 

I didn't even notice that I was grasping that cursed popcorn kernel out of her soft, sweet-smelling hair. My fingers made slight skinship over her shoulder. I couldn't take it anymore! I was through being polite and holding back. I needed her. I wanted her. I trailed light kisses up and down her neck and shoulder.

 

"Oppa~~" she breathed, shocked at how forward I was. I couldn't blame her. It was TOTALLY unlike me to be so... needy, demanding, desperate for this girl. The beast came out, and I was afraid. So much frustration pent up all because of this ONE person in my life... is this how my fans feel?? 

 

This girl's gonna KILL me, but at this point, I didn't care. My fear easily melted into complete bliss as I embraced her from behind at her waist as I did on Christmas morning. The smell of her hair in my face overwhelmed me and my senses. I wanted to be wrapped her love like a sea of green peas. I've never been this happy in a long time. 

 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

I held the velvet box in my hand, and almost crushed the note I found in it in my other hand. Tears streaming down my cheek. It wasn't from Eun Ah. It was...

 

"My dearest Kyu Jong,

 

You are many things, including the precious, hardworking, loving and compassionate son any eomma could ask for... but you're also a terrible liar.

 

Don't be upset, or let alone surprised, that your eomeoni found out about your yeoja-chingoo. I'm actually pretty happy someone has found their way to our Kyu Jong-i's heart. 

 

You know better than anyone how eomeoni and abeoji's marriage wasn't approved, so I understand your fear of hiding this from us. But uri adeul (son), you don't have to hide or fear for our approval. Eun Ah's done a great job at forming that. She's very fond of her eonni, as she calls her--"

 

Aishh, I should've known this kid would have...

 

"--Anyways, I've known you've been hoarding eomeoni's engagement ring for years now, since I told you our story when you were 15. As young as you were, you already wanted to get married, hoping to find the right girl to wear this.

 

I'm praying she says, 'Yes,' while you're back in Seoul. Just make sure you two don't elope before your abeoji and eomeoni formally get to meet her! Then I'll be really heartbroken.

 

Good luck, my beautiful Kyu Jong... You know I could never be more proud of you and supporting you, and I hope to meet your beautiful jagiya soon.

 

Love you always,

Eomeoni"

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

 

 

It was Sunday morning... well, actually noon, when a grayish beam of sunlight filtered through the bedroom curtains.

 

Aish... in 12 more hours, I'd have to be on my way back to Jeonju-si to report for duty in the morning, but that thought quickly dissipated when I saw the sight wrapped under my arms.

 

She was bare. Her hair a flying mess after all the fooling around we did last night, but I didn't care. I grinned a smile so wide; I thought my jaw would break off.

 

I kissed her forehead, as she started to stir and looked at me with heavy eyes of sleep... only to smile sheepily back at me before her chin collapsed back to the curve of my neck and shoulder.

 

My free hand over her shoulder pulled her up closer to my face.  I barely breathed in her ear, not caring if my words were making sense anymore: "You are my life. My Precious One."

 

She smiled again, this time only wider but her slight state of sleep made her turn away to look at the clock. Don't look at the clock; look at me. I didn't realize I grasped at her wrist gently and now it was now locked in my palm as she looked at me with awakened confusion.

 

"Jagiya~~," I said, as I began tying a handkerchief I kept in my pocket (for magic tricks kekeke) shakily over her finger. She was still too dazed to notice the silver ring I slid down from the handkerchief and onto her ring finger. She jolted as she noticed what was going on, as if she had woken suddenly from a dream and the dream became reality.

 

That's what I wanted from her anyways... my dream turned into reality. A lifetime with her...

 

She turned her head up fast towards me; her eyes even wider in shock which sent chills up my spine. Good chills, that could only suffice these words out of my mouth. This was the spell to make this dream I've had for so long, to become a reality:

 

"Jagiya, saranghaeyo. Will you marry me?"

 

 

 

A/N: Surprise, surpise! Sorry for the long awaited update :P Just started my new job 3 weeks ago, and been suffering from the biggest creative block I've had in awhile >_< Still in Kyu's perspective^^ Uri Kyu Jong becomes a MAN :D LOL It's all that angst built up in that last chapter :3 Again, A LOT longer than the original post in IG, but I wanted to get more in Kyu's head in this story. Hope you guys enjoyed my first story on AFF, leave comments down below, and let me know if I should do a Heo Young Saeng one-shot or story too after this! :D Kamsahamnida! <3