Chapter Four

Catch Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four;

 

August 10 
Seoul, South Korea 

We were on the sands, this time, when the dreams came back. It had rained the night before so the ocean waves were larger than usually. Minseok was chasing me down the beach as I laughed and darted out of his reach. By the time he caught me, I had reached the rocks that jutted out into the water. Minseok lifted me up, over onto his shoulders and twirled me around as I screamed for him to let me down. 

When he finally got tired, Minseok put me down carefully and we sat on the rocks, looking out at the ocean. He wrapped an arm around me in an effort to share some body heat as a light breeze made me shiver. I put my head on his shoulder and looked out into the distance. The moon was a sliver in an otherwise empty sky. The light reflected off the gold earing he was wearing. It had been a gift from me; a gold M for Minseok and Mina. I felt so content, so simple. I was just a tiny speck on earth to the moon, just like the billions of other people. I was insignificant to the universe, but I was okay with that because I had Minseok by my side. 

When I woke up, I was alone, and Sehun was pounding on my door to wake me up. 

It was time to go to Busan. 

 

To be honest, I didn’t know Sehun all that well. He was the most unfriendly out of the twelve men, and kind of aloof and disinterested in everything. I knew that he was younger than the rest of us, probably just freshly out of university. I also knew he had gone to Seoul National and was kind of a genius. Maybe an evil genius. He told me that he just really liked computers. 

“I’m only doing this super illegal top level because I owe J a big favor,” he explained to me. We were sitting next to each other on the plane, and I was trying my best to figure him out. The more I knew about him, the faster I can decide if I could trust him. “Plus, I could use the money. Normally, I keep it to just level one illegal .” 

Oh yeah, and he had a potty mouth. 

Sehun was magic with a computer, and had secured our names on the guest list for the gallery opening. Today, we were all flying under fake identities provided by J and my name, according to my ID, was Lee Minhee. 

“Kris is an investor interested in art,” Sehun said. “I’ve made him social media networks, and I’ve edited some other people’s old blogs to reference him.”

“Sneaky,” I muttered. 

“Anyway, you, or should I say, Lee Minhee, are his fiancé.”

“I’m his plus one? Why can’t I just be a guest?” I complained. 

“Kyungsoo and Minseok are also guests, with different backgrounds that I’ve fabricated. I don’t want to risk adding another unknown person. It’s most likely that a lot of them already know each other. Too many unknown faces as invited guests will draw attention.” 

I cocked my head and studied Sehun for a moment. “You’re pretty smart, aren’t you?”

He just scoffed at me. “I went to one of South Korea’s top universities. What do you think?”

“Hey, I went to Yonsei!” I shot back. 

“Really?” Sehun squinted at me. “What did you study?”

“I got a degree in art history and business administration.” I paused, letting out a begrudging smile. “Ironic, isn’t it? Well, my art history major has been useful in my line of work.”

“As an art thief,” Sehun chuckled. “Your professors would ing their pants if they knew they had taught and kind of trained an international art thief.”

“It would be such a scandal,” I agreed. 

Sehun suddenly frowned. “Wait, didn’t Minseok go to Yonsei too?”

I panicked, trying to keep my face blank. “Did he? Where did you hear that?”

“He mentioned it the other day when I asked,” Sehun replied. “He said he didn’t finish though. Dropped out after three years.”

“Is that so,” I replied noncommittally. “Yonsei’s a pretty big school.” I quickly tried to change the subject. “So how do you know J?”

“Ah that.” Sehun let out a grimace. “Okay, so maybe there was this one time a long time ago where I did do some super illegal top level , and I almost got caught. J totally saved my . If it wasn’t for him, I would have probably spent my later teen years and early twenties in lock up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter