Postscript; Two

Catch Me If You Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two;

 

 


March 24
Tokyo, Japan

Baekhyun informed me on the flight that everyone else had already arrived in Tokyo. "Kyungsoo was actually already in Japan, visiting family in Nagoya. See? It's fate. We were meant to all meet up again."

"Maybe," Minseok grumbled. 

"We had to get a bigger place in Shinjuku to fit everyone but it's way nicer than the old place. Everyone is excited to see you, and everyone is dying to hear how this - " he pointed a finger between me and Minseok "- happened."

"Doesn't everyone already know?"

"We have theories and suspicions, but maybe you two should just come clean and not keep us guessing," Baekhyun suggested with a sly wink. 

I sighed. That was not a conversation I was particularly interested in having. 

"Also, if you just tell us the truth, I can finally stop spreading baseless rumors."

I swear I have never met anyone as shameless as Byun Baekhyun. 

 

 

After landing at Narita and going through customs, Chanyeol was waiting for us on the other side. 

"Chanyeol has a license here?" I asked, not budging by the door. Getting into a car driven by Chanyeol made me nervous, especially considering Japan's very different driving rules.

"I loved Japan as a kid so I came here a lot," Chanyeol called from inside, popping the trunk for our luggage. 

"What if you forget to drive on the left side of the road?"

Chanyeol sighed, coming around and wrapping an arm around my shoulders to give me a hug. "Nice to see you too, Mina. Thanks for the vote of confidence."

Minseok laughed, reaching out to hug Chanyeol too. "I trust you, Chanyeollie," he said, opening the door the backseat. He raised a delicate eyebrow, waiting for me to go in. I pouted at him, but begrudgingly got in, sliding to the other side so he could get in after me. 


As soon as Minseok and I stepped through the door to the new hideout, tucked into a quieter neighborhood in Shinjuku, we were enveloped in hugs. It was rather hard to breathe, and Kris' elbow was digging into my shoulder. After ten minutes of pure chaos, with people shouting questions back and forth, Kyungsoo put an end to it and got us to all sit down at the kitchen table as he started preparing dinner with Joonmyun's help. 

The first person I rounded on was Sehun, who was taller than I remembered but still very skinny. 

"Yah, I thought you said you didn't like doing this super illegal stuff, just level one illegal," I said. "Now you're messing with the Yakuza?"

"Jongdae hyung is a bad influence," Sehun defending, dodging a cushion that was launched in his direction. "Also, I needed some excitment in my life. Being an adult with a legal job is very ing boring, noona." Well, it seemed that Sehun had at least learned to use honorifics, although he had not gotten rid of his cussing habits. 

Minseok and Lu Han had been engaged in a conversation about football for a good half hour at this point. 

"We can go see a match together," Minseok was saying. "You're welcome to visit us in Barcelona at any time." He turned to look at everyone in turn. "All of you, actually."

"Well, we weren't sure if we were welcome."

"Don't be silly," I added. "Our home is open to all of you. But Lu, what are you doing still performing street magic? It's not like you need the money, with billions of wons in the bank."

Lu Han shrugged. "I get bored sitting around, and its fun to perform."

"He's really good at it." Yixing had a dopey smile on his face and he wrapped an arm around Lu Han as a sign of affection. "Every time he performs, he's surrounded by giant groups of girls, tossing money at him."

Although I'd never seen him perform on the street, I was sure that was the truth. The girls probably all loved a pretty face like Lu Han. 

Kyungsoo made kimchi spaghetti for dinner to go along with white wine. I reminded myself to get a recipe from Kyungsoo soon. Minseok and I had tried to make it ourselves, but it just didn't taste the same. 

As we ate, we got updates on what everyone else had been doing for the past two years. Tao was living in Korea still, while both Lu Han and Yixing had gone back to China before coming to Japan. Kris was currently living in Hong Kong. Sehun had gotten a comfortable job at a start-up tech company and roomed with Tao in Seoul. 

"That's unfortunate," Minseok teased, patting Tao on the back as Sehun made a face. 

"Hey, I'm a terrific roommate, I'll have you know!" he retorted as Tao just laughed. 

After a whole lot of complaint from everyone, Minseok and I told them most of our story. The truth this time, from the Yonsei days to Barcelona. Tao's eyes glazed over halfway, and he clutched Sehun's arm in a death grip.

"It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter