Roadside Heartbreak

Off Jiyong and Imaginations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where do you wanna go?" Kara asks as she buckles up her seatbelt.

She turns to the man on the passenger seat.

"I don't know, you decide." He just shrugged his shoulders still on his phone.

She rolls her eyes as she starts the car and with a heavy sigh she started driving.

She thought about what's happening right now, him on his phone doing his own thing while she's driving when usually he would shower her with affections and crack jokes while on the road.

She never thought in their 5 year relationship that he would be like this. This scenario never even crossed her mind.

Jiyong was always warm, concern, caring, affectionate and cheerful but this man beside her was ignoring her and has been on his phone since she arrived.

She turns on the radio to stop the silence that's already annoying her.

She wonders how they ended up like this. Why does she felt like the love they once had was slowly fading? Is this what five years together end up to be? Why is Jiyong like this? Is this just a phase? Is he bored with her? Is she bored with him? Are they both slowly getting tired being together? Does Jiyong ever think of this?

Is she tired of waiting for him on whatever time he's available? Is he tired of making time for her?

She felt suffocated with all these unanswered questions popping on her mind.

"Five years from now, we'll still be a happy couple. I'll still make you smile like no one else and you'll do the same for me. We'll go on road trips, we'll listen to the secret songs I made for you, we'll go to random places and just get lost to wherever and that's okay because I'm with you. I'll still crack jokes that make you cringe but you'll still laugh on the end because you love me. 5 years won't change our love, it will only strengthen it."

Those were Jiyong's words and look at them now five years later.

She held back the tears that are threatening to fall. It wasn't fair that she would be the one crying when she knew all she did was save their relationship and try and make it last.

She didn't even know where they were going but it was obvious they weren't in Seoul anymore. She just drives and drives with no destination just like their relationship where she was unsure of where they’ll end up.

 If you ask her, does it hurt?

Of course it does. She felt him slowly slipping away from her. She felt like an obligation or a schedule he needed to attend. It hurts her to see them be like this.

"Do you even know where we are?" His voice awakens her from her deep thoughts.

"No and I don't care." She just looks straight driving.

"What?! A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter