Chapter 6 (Final)

Fatal Frame: Labyrinth of Insanity

Hyuk was debating whether or not he should go find his boyfriend...the boyfriend who nearly tried to kill him. Part of him wanted to just run away and never see his face nor this place again, but he would feel a tremendous amount of guilt, but no remorse. Ravi left a hole in his heart after what he did after all...

Hyuk was interrupted from his thoughts when he heard voices. The exact same voices from the vision...

"He's close, I can feel it.." one of the voices said. Hyuk gasped and began to run aimlessly, desperate to get away from the frightening ghosts. However, without a flashlight, he could barely see where he was going. He was surprised when he bumped into someone...

"So you just were gonna leave me to fend for myself," said Ravi.

"...Y-You nearly killed me...what did you expect me to do..." Hyuk studdered.

"It wasn't me Hyukkie...this place is driving me insane...and it's making you hallucinate. Don't you get it?? It's this labyrinth," said Ravi.

"I wasn't hallucinating. I know what I saw. I could never mistake Hongbin for anyone," Hyuk replied.

"You sound stupid. Stop acting like a little !" said Ravi.

"Stop yelling at me!!" Hyuk cried, feeling tears in his eyes again. Ravi reached a hand out, trying to touch Hyuk, but Hyuk quickly took a few paces back. "I wanted to leave. I wanted to leave without you...but that would be wrong of me."

"What?" said Ravi.

"I know the way out of here. I saw it in a vision," said Hyuk.

"Now you really sound stupid. Don't tell me you're psychic," Ravi sneered.

"In the prescense of spirits you tend to receive these visions of what happened in the past. I have no idea how me of all people was able to see it but I have a feeling it was because of..." Hyuk said trailing off.

"Because of what?"

"...Because of Hongbin.."

"Why the hell do you keep bringing him up???? Hongbin is dead!! And nothing will bring him back!!"

"He showed me the way out..."

"You're so ing delusional." 

Hyuk started walking. He had no idea where he was going but he felt as if he did know. As if someone was whispering directions in his ear..

"Where the hell are you going??" Ravi shouted after him, not receiving a reply. Ravi groaned out of irritation and followed Hyuk without a word. It didn't take long for them to reach then manhole with the two dim-lit torches.

"Just like in the vision..." Hyuk whispered. He kneeled down to brush his fingers against the aged manhole cover, then tried to lift it with his fingers. He slowly pushed it to the side, revealing the small button.

"What's that?" asked Ravi. Hyuk ignored him once again and pushed it, releasing the ladder. "How did you do that?? How did you know that would happen??"

"Stop talking. We don't have much time. If we don't get up this ladder...then---" It was too late. The mob of angry ghosts was charging down the hallway, shouting at the two men. Ravi shoved Hyuk out of the way and started climbing the ladder. Hyuk tripped over a rock and fell backwards, landing on his bottom.

"Agh! My ankle!" Hyuk cried out. Ravi was already at the top of the ladder and slipped out through the manhole opening, completely leaving Hyuk on his own. 

Hyuk couldn't move. His sprained ankle wouldn't allow it. He had no hope of escaping as the ghosts closed in on him. They pointed their pitched forks at him, ready to pierce Hyuk's body. Hyuk closed his eyes tightly and prepared for his death. At least I'll get to be with you again...Hongbin.

Hyuk's eyes remained shut, waiting to be impaled...but nothing happened. He opened one eye and saw the ghosts slowly backing away...retreating almost. The turned around and began walking the other way. Hyuk let out the breath he had been holding in and watched them go. It was strange because Hyuk could still feel a spiritual presence close to him...right in front of him actually.

"H-Hongbin?" Hyuk croaked out.

"I forgive you, Hyuk. I love you. I'll always love you." Hongbin's voice said to him, slowly fading away.

"Hongbin don't go!! Please don't leave me!!" Hyuk cried, begging on his knees screaming for Hongbin to come back. But he didn't. 

 

After nearly two years, Hyuk let out what he held in since Hongbin's death. He sobbed until there were no tears left to produce. Hyuk staggered to his feet and slowly climbed the ladder, careful not to worsen the injury to his ankle. Once he climbed out, he put the cover back over the hole and let out a long breath of relief as he felt the sun's warm beams on him.

"Hyuk?? You're alive!" Ravi called rushing to hug the younger. "I was about to call for help and then---" Hyuk quickly shoved the older off of him and scowled at him in disgust.

"Don't you ever lay a finger on me again..." Hyuk spat with venom.

"But..baby..."

"I'm not your baby...we're over. You left me to die to save your own ...I hate you."

"Hyukkie...I just panicked...please don't do this."

"When we get back to Seoul I want you packed up and moved out of my apartment by tomorrow. If you're not, I'm calling the police." On that note, Hyuk limped down the stairs to the pillars, where the construction workers were.

"Kid! What are you still doing here???" said one.

"Is there anyway you can call me a cab?"

 

After the long awkward flight between the two ex boyfriends, they took a shuttle to their office, where they were immediately pounced on by Cheif N and the others.

"Oh my goodness! We were so worried about you!!" said N.

"I'm sorry we didn't contact you. We were trapped underground," said Hyuk.

"How did that happen?" asked Leo.

"Ask him," Hyuk spat, motioning towards Ravi. Leo gave Ravi a death glare.

"You're such an idiot. You thought I wouldn't notice that you took the Camera Obscura. I warned you but you're too stupid," he said. Ravi kept his eyes to the floor, refusing to answer.

"What's with him?" asked Ken.

"What happened exactly during the time you were gone?" asked N.

"With all due respect, Cheif, I really don't want to talk about it. In fact, the only reason I'm here is to formally resign from my position," said Hyuk. This caught everyone by surprise, even Ravi.

"You're leaving us????" whined Ken.

"But why?" asked N.

"I just don't really have a reason to be here anymore. I think it's time I moved on," said Hyuk. N nodded understandingly.

"Okay then, I'll have you fill out the resignation papers," he said, going back to his office.

"Something really bad must have happened.." Ken whispered to Leo. Once N returned with the papers, Hyuk didn't waste any time signing them.

"Well, Hyuk. It's been a pleasure working with you and getting to know you. I truly wish you luck, happiness and success in your future," said N. He shook Hyuk's hand and the two of them bowed to one another. Ken threw his arms around Hyuk, hugging him tight.

"I'm gonna miss you Hyukkie!!" he cried. Hyuk smiled and patted Ken's back. Leo cleared his throat loudly, causing Ken to release his arms.

"Are you jealous, Leo," Ken teased. Leo playfully slapped Ken's arm, then kissed him on the cheek.

"See you around, Hyuk," said Leo, giving him a pat on his shoulder. Hyuk bowed to Leo then headed for the door. Ravi kept his sad eyes locked on Hyuk as he neared the exit. Hyuk turned around, giving a firm glare at Ravi, then left.

I should've never betrayed you Hongbin...none of this would have ever happened.

 

 

------------------------------------

A/N: THE END!!!!!!