Chapter 1

Fatal Frame: Labyrinth of Insanity

Hyuk tossed and turned in his sleep all night, sweating and whimpering. Ravi, who was sharing a bed with him was awakened by all his movements. The two of them shared an apartment together.

"Babe?" he said gently shaking Hyuk's shoulder. Hyuk quickly sprung up gasping for breath, clutching his chest. He turned to look at Ravi who was staring at him worriedly. "Were you having a nightmare?" asked Ravi.

"I-I don't know I just can't sleep that well.." Hyuk said scratching his arms.

"You're lying babe. You always scratch your arms when you're lying. Talk to me, what's on your mind?" Ravi said his arm.

"I'm just really nervous...about our assignment," said Hyuk. 

"Are you sure that's all that's bugging you? It seems like there's something in the back of your mind."

Hyuk shook his head. "No, there isn't. That's all," he said. Ravi continued to look at him then sighed.

"Alright, well I'm here if you wanna talk. Goodnight," Ravi said yawning then turned back over to sleep. Hyuk watching him, then after he wasn't looking anymore, he began to scratch his arm again. 

Hyuk attempted to go back to sleep, but failed multiple times. Every time he closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep, he felt as if he were falling off high grounds, or being choked, which caused him to spring up again. He turned to look at Ravi who was fast asleep. He gently poked him.

"Ravi?" Ravi groaned and sat up with his eyes still closed. "Ravi, can we cuddle?" Hyuk asked softly. Ravi mumbled still half asleep and wrapped his arm around Hyuk's body, pulling him closer to him. Hyuk laid his head down on Ravi's chest and let out a sigh of relief. He was finally able to fall asleep.

 

The next morning, Ravi and Hyuk ate breakfast together then went off to work. They stepped into the office, welcomed by a smiling N.

"Good morning," said N.

"What's with the mischievious smile, boss?" asked Ravi.

"I have your flight scheduled! You leave this afternoon!" he said. Hyuk's eyes widened and he felt his body beginning to tremble.

"S-so s-soon...?" he said in a shaky voice.

"I wanted to get you there in time for the evening, and the flight was cheaper for today rather than tomorrow. I've already packed supplies you'll need," said N.

"Sounds good...oh can we take that?" Ravi asked pointing to the camera that was placed in a glass box high on a shelf. 

The Camera Obscura....

"I don't think you'll need it," said N uncertainly.

"But what if we wanna take pictures of ghosts?" Ravi said winking.

"I think it's best if the camera stays here. It's quite an unusual camera.." said N. Ravi frowned as N made his way into his office to grab their supplies. While he was gone, Ravi walked over to the shelf and touched the glass box, attempting to open it.

"What do you think you're doing??" said Leo as he walked in. Ravi quickly turned around. "You weren't thinking of taking that were you?"

"Well yeah kinda," said Ravi.

"Don't. That camera is possessed. It seems to draw angry spirits out to the one who holds it, spirits that will attack and try to kill you," Leo said with a serious expression.

"Alright fine I won't take it."

"I'm serious, Ravi. Leave it here. We need to keep it concealed."

"Fine, chill out. We'll leave it here." Leo gave him a glare then went back to his cubical area. As soon as he was gone, Ravi smirked then quietly pulled the box down from the shelf, opening it up and taking the camera out.

"What are you doing!?!?" Hyuk yelled in a whispered voice. Just then, N was coming out of his office with their bags. Ravi quickly put the camera inside his jacket and folded his arms.

"Alright, everything you need is in here. Make sure to keep in contact with us through voice over. If anything goes wrong or something potentially dangerous happens, then leave immediately. Understand?" said N. Ravi and nodded and Hyuk gave a slow reluctant nod. "Already then, have a safe trip. I'll see you both tomorrow." N said as he pushed them out the door.

"It sure seems like he's in a hurry to get rid of us," muttered Ravi.

"You put the camera back didn't you?" asked Hyuk. Ravi hesitated for a moment as he could feel the camera under his jacket.

"Uh, yeah.." he said.

"Okay good. I'd be even more freaked out if you brought it with us. I have a feeling Leo was telling the truth about it. There's just something really strange about it..well good thing it's staying here. Let's go to airport and get this over with," Hyuk said patting Ravi's arm.

"Yeah...let's..." Ravi said looking down at his jacket. He decided to just leave it there and keep it hidden from Hyuk, at least until they got to Japan. He didn't have enough time to put it back and part of him didn't want to. He was curious about the camera. He wanted to see if what Leo said about it was true. Was it really that powerful?