Chapter 4

Fatal Frame: Labyrinth of Insanity

The voice sent chills down both of their spines. Hyuk remained on the ground, curled up in a ball as he dove his head in his arms to cover his face. Ravi looked around, trying to figure out where the voice came from, but there was no one there.

"T-This can't be happening...this can't be happening to me again.." Hyuk whispered to himself in pure fear.

"Hyuk? What are you talking about?" asked Ravi. Hyuk didn't respond, which resulted to Ravi lifting him off of the ground to his feet. Hyuk remained limp and unable to stand on his own, refusing to give Ravi eye contact. "Hyuk? Are you alright? We seriously need to put our heads together and find a way out of here. Don't lose your mind on me now." Hyuk quickly snatched himself away from Ravi's grip.

"It's no use...we're both gonna die down here and it's all your fault," Hyuk finally said.

"Hey you don't know what could happen! Stop thinking that way before I leave you down here," said Ravi.

"Maybe I'd be better off without you anyway!" Hyuk cried. Ravi remained silent for several moments.

"So you wanna split up then? Fine with me. See you later you big baby," Ravi said as he clicked on the flashlight he grabbed from his bag and began walking along the labyrinth trail. Hyuk stood there in the dark, watching him go, shivering. He could feel eyes on him, breath, just as he did when he was outside.

"Go with him. You need eachother," said a voice. A voice that seemed vaguely familiar to Hyuk. Hyuk looked around anxiously, desperate to find the source.

"Go Hyuk," the voice commanded again. Hyuk then decided to run and catch up with Ravi. Even if he was furious with him right now, there's no way he could handle being alone in this place...

"Ravi!"

Ravi turned around to see Hyuk frantically running towards him, which caused him to smirk. "I knew you couldn't last two minutes without me," he scoffed. Hyuk gave an angry look towards Ravi's comment, but said nothing when something caught his attention down the long tunnel. A figure...a body...a person.

"What's that?" he said, causing Ravi to turn and look.

"What's what? I don't see anything," said Ravi. Hyuk squinted his eyes as he barely made out what he saw he suddenly gasped.

"I-It can't be..." he said.

"What?" said Ravi. Hyuk started walking forward, towards the figure, getting quicker with each stride he took. "Hyuk! Where the hell are you going???" Ravi cried out, but Hyuk ignored him and rushed forward. Tears formed in his eyes as he got closer. Ravi sprinted after him as he saw what Hyuk was seeing, desperate to stop him.

"Hyuk stop!!!" Ravi shouted as he grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Let me go!!" Hyuk screamed as he repetitively slapped Ravi's hands away.

"You're about to get yourself killed!" Ravi shouted as he pulled out the camera and snapped a photo of what appeared to be a dead woman who's neck was snapped to the side. The shutter caused the ghost woman to stammer back, but she was still coming towards them. Hyuk rubbed his eyes to see the ghost...that wasn't what he saw a few seconds ago..

Ravi kept frantically snapping photos of the ghost woman until she perished. He took a deep breath and wiped his forehead. "Wow...this thing really works," he said. Hyuk's eyes remained where the woman stood, still trying to process what just happened. "Hyuk!" Ravi said snapping Hyuk out of his thoughts.

"What?"

"What the hell is the matter with you?? You were running straight into the arms of that dead woman! Are you freaking stupid???" Ravi screamed.

"B-But it wasn't a woman at first....it was...it was..."

"It was what?!?!?" Ravi yelled impatiently.

"I thought I saw...Hongbin.." Hyuk said sadly, tears pouring out of his eyes. Ravi's eyes widened a little at what Hyuk said, he was speechless.

"Hongbin...?"

Hyuk nodded, then covered his hands with his face and cried. Ravi didn't know what to do. He felt as if he should comfort his boyfriend, but he also felt agitated that Hyuk was still thinking of Hongbin.

"Hyuk. Get up and stop crying right now. It's not the time to fantasize about someone who you'll never see again," said Ravi. Hyuk ignored him and sobbed even louder.

"Tch...you're still not over him...are you?" said Ravi. Hyuk remained unresponsive. Ravi sighed and attempted to hug him, but it was awkward. "We need to keep moving. If this is really a maze...then we need to retrace our steps so we don't get lost," he said. Hyuk wiped his eyes and sniffled as he nodded to Ravi in agreement.

 

They walked throughout the labyrinth for some time now. Ravi was certain they were close to finding the way out. The two remained silent, without uttering a word to eachother the entire time. Ravi sighed and finally decided to break the silence.

"Hyuk...what did you mean earlier when you said 'this can't be happening to me again'?" he asked. Hyuk remained silent. "I'm asking because I care. Why won't you just tell me?"

"I swore to myself that I would never talk about it again," Hyuk said quietly.

"I bet you told Hongbin," Ravi quietly muttered to himself. Ravi was starting to feel angrier as the time passed. Angry from Hyuk's mysterious behavior and lack of response. 

The further they traveled, they heavier the air thickened and louder the voices were. The ghastly voices echoed through the walls and through their heads to the point where Ravi couldn't take it anymore. He angrily threw down his backpack and punched the wall.

"SHUT UP!!!!!!!!" he screamed.

"Ravi stop!!! Remember what happened last time you did that???" Hyuk warned as he grabbed Ravi's arm, preventing him from punching the wall again. Ravi snatched his arm away from Hyuk, then swung around and punched him in the face, hard enough to make him fall to the ground. Hyuk held his nose, looking up at Ravi with the eyes of a wounded puppy. Blood began to pour down his nose and on his hands.

"R-Ravi..." he studdered in disbelief. Realizing what he had done, he dove by Hyuk's side and held him in a tight hug.

"Baby I'm so sorry....I-I seriously don't know what just came over me..." he said. "I promise it won't happen again, okay?"

Hyuk didn't respond once again. He didn't even accept the tissues that Ravi tried to give him for his nose. He didn't know what to think anymore, and he wasn't so sure whether he felt safe or not with or without Ravi...

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Again, sorry it's been so long! This story won't be that long, probably 8 chapters or so, but I definitely will have a third story that will tell the backstory of Hyuk's past! I will start that once I'm finished with this one :) also I'll be updating this one regularly so I can get it done and move on! Thanks for your support! ^^