Chapter 5

Fatal Frame: Labyrinth of Insanity

 

Hyuk made sure to keep a distance from Ravi as he followed behind him. He kept his arms folded stiffly in front of his chest, slightly trembling. His eyes were beginning to burn due to keeping them open, afraid if he blinked even once, something horrible would happen to him. Ravi peered over his shoulder to nitice how far behind he was, causing him to sigh and stop. As expected, Hyuk stopped as well.

"Hyuk...I'm sorry I hit you, okay? I was just frustrated and it just...I don't know, happened," he said. Hyuk didn't utter a word, instead just nodding in response, not giving eye contact. "Hyuk if we're going to make it out of here we need to communicate and stick together, so stop walking so far behind."

"I'm sorry...I just don't know what to think right now. So many things are running through my mind that I can't explain," said Hyuk.

"Then just talk to me. You keep bottling things up and shutting me out of your thoughts," said Ravi.

"No I don't..."

"Yes you do! You have ever since we started dating and I never understood why."

"Because I can't trust you...and now it's even harder to do so.." Ravi was angered by Hyuk's sudden response as he balled his fists and slowly took a few steps towards Hyuk. 

"Do you know what I went through just to finally have you to myself? Not even a month ago you told me you loved me...and now you say you can't trust me?" 

"Ravi it's just that there are some things---"

"SHUT UP!!!" Ravi shouted, causing his voice to echo throughout the labyrinth. Hyuk shivered at Ravi's sudden temper. It caught him by surprise, Ravi was never one to outburst with anger. He always seemed laid back to Hyuk, and Hyuk never knew Ravi to have an aggressive side...

"R-Ravi...why are you so angry? This isn't like you," said Hyuk. Ravi, fed up with Hyuk, rushed towards him and grabbed his neck with both of his hands and shoved him up against the wall, slightly lifting him off of his feet. Hyuk grasped at Ravi's hands, struggling to pull the older's arms off of him. He coughed and gasped for breath, turning purple in the face as the life was being choked out of him. Hyuk stared into Ravi's eyes and noticed that his eyes were full of hate...in fact they didn't seem like Ravi's eyes at all..they were much darker. Hyuk had no other choice then to knee Ravi right in the crotch, causing him to fall to the ground howling in pain. Hyuk also fell as he was released from Ravi's hold. He coughed rapidly, holding his neck as he struggled to catch his breath. As soon as he could breathe again, he stood to his feet and began running. Running away from Ravi. As far away as he could get. He didn't care if he would get lost, he needed to get far away from the other before he actually killed him.

When Hyuk couldn't run anymore, he collapsed to the ground, wheezing as tears sprung into his eyes. He couldn't help but cry. He was alone in the dark and his "boyfriend" was trying to kill him.

"I-I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry...Hongbin," he cried out. The voices began to swarm around him, getting louder and louder. Hyuk kept his eyes shut tightly, afraid to open his eyes. But something did make him open his eyes and see exactly what was going on.

 

"Don't let him escape!" shouted the mob of lunatics who carried shovels, pitch forks and torches.

"Stay away from me!" shouted a young black haired male.

"You can't run forever, Hayate!" He ran down the long tunnels of the labyrinth, quickly avoiding every dead end he encountered. "I have to get out of this maze...and I think I'm close," he said, making sure to leave traces of places he had already been. 

I've been down here long enough...I've seen what they've done.

Now they're trying to do the same to me.

It's time for this running game to end. If I don't find a way out soon...they will surely find me, and take me. Hayate kept talking to himself as he wandered through, desperately searching. Eventually, he came across what seemed like another dead end. There were two lit torches hanging on the wall and on the ground...a manhole.

What's this? A way out? He carefully opened the manhole and moved it to the side. Underneath the cover was a small button.

Should I..push it? 

He pressed the button and slowly, a ladder began to lower down from the ceiling in the space between the two torches. Hayate carefully looked up and saw another manhole on the ceiling. 

"There he is!!!" shouted one of the mobsmen as they reached the hall Hayate had ran down. Without hesitating, Hayate quickly climbed the ladder and slightly opened the manhole. He could see peeks of sunshine.

Yes! The way out!

He tried to lift the cover off, but it was too heavy. The mob was closing in, one of them climbed the ladder and locked their hand around Hayate's foot.

"No! Let me go!!" Hayate screamed. 

"You think you're escaping?"

"Impale him!"

Several pitched forks were pierced directly through Hayate's body. Blood poured from within him as he fell of the ladder and plowed into the ground. His breath was quickly taken from him as the mob crowded around him. Their loud voices like daggers...

 

Hyuk gasped at what he had just seen. "W-What was that...a vision?" From what he had seen, he knew exactly where the manhole was in which he could escape. He stood to his feet and looked behind him, feeling slightly hesitant.

"Should I go back for Ravi?"

 

------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! So the next chapter will be the last one. I decided to make this one shorter than I originally planned to but NO WORRIES! There will definitely be a third! I will most likely make the link for it tomorrow! Adn what do you think? Should Hyuk go back for Ravi?