It's Closer Than You Think

Law of the Underworld

 

 'It's Closer than You Think' 

 

Gary grins as he disassemble his favourite gun, a gift from his father when he turned fifteen. If dogs were a man’s best friend, this particular gun was the closest resemblance of a close friend. It had protected him from enemies, comforted him when his father was especially brutal, but most of all, the gun represents who he was, an assassin. He carefully place the parts on the table, each pieces etched in his brain like a song.

His father had decided to place more protection around the box and Gary will be leading the scouts tonight. Not only will he get the chance to encounter Choi’s men, but he wanted to pay his respects to his mother.

The gun looked brand new when Gary finished polishing it, the carving of ‘KANG’ that ran across the grip panel is shining like a proud medal. Gary’s smile plays across his lips when he remembered that his wedding has been postpone to the disappointment of the Lee’s.

Jung In had been satisfying, but Jihyo’s face will always dance across his vision so often he was surprise he hasn’t murmured Jihyo’s name.

Gary’s smile faded.

Jihyo is an enemy he reminds himself, and she needs to be executed. Jihyo and Nix had played him like a fool. Acting, manipulating him into submission. He wants to kick himself in the face for falling, for letting his guard down.

Gary points his gun to the balcony and fires. The sound resonated throughout the mansion.

He was irritated. With himself mostly, for enabling someone to pierce through the walls he had carefully built. And he was also annoyed because Jihyo had escaped before they had a chance to capture her.

Gary hides the gun into his holster. The gun feels heavy for some reason.

 

-0-

 

“Are you kidding me?” Jihyo exclaims, her hand flying above her head. “You’re sending my brother and not me?” She her head towards Dong Hoon who gave her the middle finger.

Choi rubs his temples. Family gathering was never a good thing. “Jihyo, calm yourself. Your brother is capable of-“

“Father, please! I know their game plan, I’ve seen the heir practise, and I know I can take him.”

Choi reaches for his whiskey and finishes it in one gulp. “Don’t question my decision.” He says sternly.

Jihyo looks away and nods.

Choi sighs. “Don’t disappoint me again, Jihyo. I want the heir’s head on a plate.” He warns. “One more mistake Jihyo, and I will disown you.” Choi adds.

Jihyo bows her head with a smile. “I won’t let you down, father.”

 

-0-

A/N: SKIP this section if you don't like implied -s ex-

Jihyo’s small body was squirming under him and all he can do is chuckle. She was warm and smells like the ocean but at the same Jihyo’s scent smells like venom. Gary pins down her arms above her head and he leans down for a kiss. It was gentle and slow unlike what Gary was feeling right now, rough and dirty. His hands roams Jihyo’s body stopping to touch the valley of her chest. Jihyo moans, and Gary’s tongue darts forward, needy and filthy.

“Gary…” She whispers, but Gary assaulted , his tongue touching everything. “W-Wait, I-” Gary ignores her pleas and continues his ministrations.

The noises Jihyo was making was intoxicating, and Gary groans. He might reach just from listening to Jihyo but he won’t, he needs to make her feel good. “Jihyo…” Gary nips her lower lip and grins.

“Gary…” she moans, her whole body arching forward for more contact. Gary smiles against her neck.

“Slow down,” he whispers inhaling her scent, his vision becomes blurry for a second. Gary feels like his body was on fire, he had slept with hundreds of woman to scratch an itch, but Jihyo…she was making him a sense of desire he hadn’t felt before. It was Jihyo, he needs Jihyo to douse the flames.

But before Jihyo can utter his name, Gary wakes up in cold sweat.

For a second, he was at a lost, confuse to find himself all alone, without Jihyo begging for him. Out of habit, he reaches for his gun from his holster and scratch his temple with it. Gary wanted to scream in frustration but all he can mutter is, “.” 


OMG its so short and all over the place, and i'm sorry for the late update, I am having a writer's block!! this chapter is, i guess, just a filler, hopefully next chapter we will see some action :D Thanks for the comments dears, i love them :)