EPILOGUE: PART II

Law of the Underworld

EPILOGUE: PART II

 

 

Ring shopping isn’t as terrible as Gary expected. Seoul was full of jewelry shops so it wasn’t difficult to find a store. There are so many choices Gary and Jihyo is starting to feel overwhelm. They were in a luxurious shop, the third place they’ve been to. He glances at the display on his right but nothing was catching his eyes. His eyes instead catches Jihyo and Nix stopped at a corner, giggling. “Found something?” He calls out.

“No. There is a necklace that Nix likes though.” His fiancé says.

Gary walks over to the girls and look at the display where several necklaces were scattered. He immediately knows what Nix wanted. “If you want the one with the flower pendant then let’s go buy it,” Gary reach for his credit card using his left hand. It had been a struggle not having his other arm. Simple tasks like holding a chopstick and taking a shower is the worst although Jihyo had been very helpful at the latter. More showers with Jihyo the better.

One of the employee tends to their needs. She wraps the necklace in a nice blue box and hand it to Nix. “Thank you for your business.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I see that my granddaughter enjoyed herself,” the adjusshi chuckles, watching Nix dangle the new necklace at his face. He takes it and puts it around Nix’s neck. “That is beautiful!”

“Thank you!” Nix says, beaming. Putting her hand around the old man and setting her head on his chest makes Gary smile from ear to ear. His grandfather looks up at Gary and grins, pure happiness plastered all over the wrinkled face. The adjusshi had become tan after he had moved into Gary’s mansion in Seoul. The walks he takes with Nix everyday branded the adjusshi’s face with colour and warmth.

“I didn’t expect finding a ring that we both like would be hard,” Jihyo sighs taking the chair near the older man. “We should just forget about the ring.”

Gary groans in agreement. “We can try again tomorrow.” Jihyo looks mortified at the prospect.

The adjusshi clears his throat. “I have a suggestion!”

Gary rolls his eyes at his dramatic grandfather.

“I could still beat you up with my fist, boy!” the older man warns but everyone laughs. “Anyway, I’m not saying you have to use it. But I have kept your grandmother’s ring and as you can see I have mine right here.” The gold ring glisten around the wrinkled fingers of his grandfather.

Both Jihyo and Gary look at each other, understanding in their eyes. Jihyo spoke for the both of them. “It would be our honour.” She walks to the older Kang, hands joined together to receive the gold bands. “Thank you.”

“How much can I sell that for?” Gary jokes but was met with an icy glare from his grandfather.

“If you should know, it is pure gold, and with our family name embroiled inside, you might be able to get a few million.” The older man replies, hand Nix’s long, black hair.

 

 

 

 

The wedding takes place in the mansion’s garden.

 

It was more than Gary can ever hope for.

No guns. No gangs. No bloodshed.

 

Everything seems to be glowing, he had to squint a few times at how bright his surrounding was. Everything smells good, it tickles his nose making him sneeze in the middle of the ceremony. Everything feels soft like Nix’s eyes. Everything sounds like a melody, even the buzzing of the bees seems to be singing a tune. Gary leans down to kiss Jihyo on the mouth. She taste sweet with a burst of fireworks as an after taste.

 

Gary’s head swirls in unfamiliar feeling which he had deduce to be happiness. He welcomes it with open arms, greeting it like a friend.

 

This is more than what he had hoped for.

 

 

 

A/N: YOU GUYS! I'm so behind with the news. I didn't know Gary got married?????? WHAT! OMG. I did this one as a good-bye. I mean I can't see myself writing about them anymore because of the situation! As i was writing this chapter i already feel weird since gary is married and all. i hope you guys understanad. I'm going to try to finish my other stories as well! It's been a joy, thank you everyone <3

P.S. See you guys in other fandoms!