Legendary

Law of the Underworld

Gary walks into the bathroom towards the sink, and sees the big bruise forming near his right eye. He sigh and use the cold water from the faucet to help lessen the swell, but he knows it's too late, he will have a black eye. It hurt like but he cannot show his pain in front of his father, or anyone else. Especially tonight, where Gary will be meeting his father’s close allies, the Three.

He steps into his closet. It had been bigger before the renovations, but Gary had asked to make it smaller. The closet is now the size of two average bedrooms put together. Gary sits down on his favourite chair, it was the one with the leather fabric with gold embellishments, it was costly, more expensive than his suits put together, but it was worth it. 

The Three. He had wondered how the three men his father talked about since he was young looked like. He assume they resemble his father, tall but broad at the shoulder, with a menacingly calm voice. Definitely authoritative. Walks with a cane because a bullet graced their legs perhaps.

He was very young when his father told him stories of how the three men killed about a hundred gangsters at the east side of the North in one night. Gary never imagine his father having friends, only thugs who works for him, however the three men maybe the closest to a friend his father have.

Gary sigh and walk to a nearby cabinet, a keypad is present on the side and he enters his password, a heavy click came from behind the cabinet, and the closet full of guns present itself. Gary pick up a small hand held gun and conceals it within his suit. The throbbing of his face start resumes and Gary went to his bathroom to run cold water against his face. 


 

Gary sits on the right hand side of his father at the dining table. The chair across from Gary is vacant. It was meant for his mother, but she had died three years ago when he was seventeen, however Gary still expect her to come down the stairs, anytime now, with a smile and take her place. But Gary reminds himself that she's dead and he doesn’t dwell on the subject any longer.

The two doorman pull the door open and three men in black suits, much older than Gary's father step inside the room, followed by twenty or so men. Gary stand up from his chair in respect, he knows how important this three men are, they are his father's allies, his soldiers. However, Gary was surprise when the three men kneel down instead, their forehead touching the cold marble floor. The twenty or so men follow suite and bow until their respected leaders stand up from the floor. 

"Sit down Hee-Gun," his father said, eying him. He immediately sits down, feeling like he was five again. The men in the room didn't move nor spoke until the head of the table spoke. "Friends, sit, please," his father say in a booming voice, although there was a hint of authorization. 

The three men took their seats while their men stepped out of the room. 

"My Lord, the young master looks exceptionally well," one of them say, the one furthest to Gary. The man smile at him kindly with a bow. 

"He does, doesn't he?" His father say with a chuckle. Although his father seem proud, Gary knows this is a facade, a lie. His father had invested a lot of time, money, and secrets to train Gary. If anything, Gary thinks his father is proud of himself for creating a killer machine.

Another one spoke. "Yes My Lord! Young master, may I ask what happened to your cheeks?"

Gary look at his father before he speaks, when the older Kang nods Gary explains. "I was doing a trade. Somebody tipped off the police. I'm trying to find out who. But, Suk-Jin came and probably killed a couple of the cops." Gary sip the glass of water near him and continues. "A cop, got me by the neck and was punching me, but I got his gun from around his neck and shot him." The feeling of the cop’s blood against Gary’s face suddenly appears, it was warm and thick, Gary almost gags.

After years of training, Gary had become a weapon. He was calm and collected during tense situations, feigning confidence when really he felt sick to his stomach, whenever blood spills from his victim’s body. He is a murderer, a demon said by some, a person with no human emotion whispered another. But, beneath Gary’s exteriors, he did feel remorse whenever he slaughters, a trait he wished he didn't have. 

The scrap of a chair interrupt Gary's thoughts. It was his father standing up, his eyes seem to glow red. Gary after living with his father for twenty years, and killing so many people, for the first time feel chills run down his back. His father was furious. 

"Hee-gun, who else knew your location?" his father ask, reaching for his silver gun and pointing it at him. 

For a second, Gary, almost loses his cool, but he composes himself and meet his father's eyes. "Suk-Jin, Kwangso, Jongkook." This seems to satisfy his father.

Then the gun move toward the man who hasn't uttered a word throughout the dinner. The man's nervousness is clearly visible as the sweat from his temple run down his cheeks. "You er," Gary's father whisper and a loud bang echoed in the great dining room. 

The remaining men sit in silence. After a moment, Gary's father motion for the standing guards to take out the dead body. “Hee-gun, take care of the men outside,” his father command and say to the men, "Lee, let's move to the smoking room before your daughter arrive.”

The two men stand up and bow their head as Gary's father left the room. 

Gary takes the gun out of his belt and step into the waiting room. He scans the room and spot the dead man’s thugs sitting down, looking almost bored. Gary raise his gun and accurately shoot them one by one between the eyes, the men falling onto the floor like flies. The ones who are able to reach for their gun aims for Gary, but he easily dodge the oncoming bullets.

 


I have chapters written, but I forget sometimes to click on "hide chapters" i think that's why it shows i've updated, i'm sorry haha! And, I'm setting up the plot and i know i'm prob all over the place :O also i realize there isn't too much of gary and jihyo, but she will get introduced soon :)