Wall is broken

Law of the Underworld

The plane ride with Jung-In prove to be challenging, Gary is so close to killing the woman in front him. His future bride turns out to be a talker. When she finished talking about her killing techniques, she ask, "do you like sweets?” Gary pretends not to hear her continuing to look out the window. But, if he were to answer, he would tell her that he hated sweets because it reminded him of his mother and that can't be good.

The private jet landed on a bumpy road causing Jung-In to cradle Gary’s arms, apparently afraid. 

The airport is quiet, almost like an eerie horror scene. The South is clearly not a big city like Seoul, it was lacking in brand name stores and in size. On the way to the exit, Gary is welcomed by Kwangso, Jongkook and Sukjin who were all wearing black suits, standing out like a pop-up book. He nods and follow them to where the exit door was. 

However, his future bride catches up to them and she interlace their fingers together. He looks down at her, almost growling. "I will cut off your hands." Gary warns and remove himself from her. 

Jung-In pouts. "You are in the South young Master, we do things here a little differently. It is a province that never modernized, mostly due to your father’s influence. Therefore, start acting like my prince and hold my hands, people are watching,” she says, her eyes narrowing dangerously.  

Gary remain stoic, disgusted by the woman beside him. " off," he says and got into the waiting SUV.

The South is beautiful despite Gary's apprehension from earlier. There were no tall skyscraper only farmland, trees, and mountains. The drugs and services his father offers is not something farmers would want. Gary wonders why his father has kept this small piece of land intact and protected. Was there some sort of gold mine? Perhaps mining? He might be the heir to the strongest drug cartel in Korea but he knew close to nothing about the workings of the organization. Gary feels a bit disappointed with that admission.

They arrive at Lee's and is welcomed into a grand courtyard, the maids and other political figures low to the ground as Gary steps out the car. He feels a little overwhelmed nonetheless he presented himself with confidence. He shakes hands with people Lee introduces, but Gary knows he will not remember their names.

A party ensues to honour his arrival. Gary sits on a throne-like chair, with Lee and his daughter on either side of him. By the next hour, everyone seems to be drunk and the dancing became more carefree. Jung-In had ask him to dance however he refuse. Assassins do not dance. His future bride is now dancing with an older gentleman, her hips swaying provocatively against his crotch.

Gary becomes bored and stands up from his chair followed immediately by Kwangso. "Enjoy yourself, I just need air," he says and head towards the courtyard from where he was welcomed earlier. Once outside, Gary fills his lungs with the cold air and wait until the very last moment to exhale. He did this several times until he hears a soft footsteps from behind. His gun is already out before the person can take another step. 

"I-I'm s-sorry my Lord, I-I-" the person stutters, and by the looks of it, she was a child no older than ten. Gary put away his gun.

"There you are! You're not supposed to be here, come before-" another figure emerge from the shadows of the trees, but this time, the figure turns out to be a woman, about Gary's age, dressed in a maid's outfit. "M-My Lord," the older girl quickly lowers herself to the ground. The younger girl remains standing and this seem to frighten the older one. "Get down here," she hisses and grab the younger girl's wrist and pull her down.

“I could have shot you,” Gary reminds them.

They remain silent. Gary walk closer to the two girls on the ground. He can tell that they were nervous, he can feel their bodies tremble. His eyes lingers a bit too long at the older girl’s curved back. Her hair is the most luscious thing Gary has ever seen, he almost reach out and touch it. But, he didnt, he was an assassin.

“Forgive me my Lord,” the older girl says, her voice sweet like honey.

Gary shakes his head. He must be drunk, that’s why these thoughts keep popping up. Or, he really needs to get laid. Gary tells them to get up, and he was glad that he did. The woman’s face was beautiful. Her face was small with a pair of big brown eyes, and a neck that Gary wants to . Before anymore of his lewd fantasies can enter his mind, he hears Jung-In’s voice from a distance.

"Darling..." She calls out.

He almost groan from annoyance. "You may leave," he says to the girls, and turn to face Jung-In.

“Darling, come to bed…” She says seductively, her arms wrapping around Gary’s neck.

Gary rolls his eyes. “No.”

Gary wakes up from his sleep, sweat dripping down his face. The nightmare had been so real that Gary look down to check if he was injured. “…” He gets up from the bed and goes to his bathroom without making a sound.

When he was close, he realize that there was a person in the bathroom. Gary checks his memory from last night, and he was sure he didn’t sleep with Jung-In. He holds his gun tighter, his finger ready to pull the trigger. He quietly push the door open, and is surprise to see a maid scrubbing the toilet. It was the younger girl from last night, Gary feels a little bit disappointed that it wasn’t the older woman who was in his bathroom.

“I need the bathroom,” he says trying to sound nice, but he knows, by the way she jumps that he failed.

“My Lord! Forgive me…I didn’t see anyone sleeping and-” She whispers, picking up her cleaning supply and dashing out of the bathroom. But she steps on her dress and trips. Gary easily catches her arm and preventing her from hitting the floor. “My a-a-apologies-“

“It’s fine,” Gary say, but notice that the child was smiling up at him, grateful. Feeling uncomfortable with the adoration, Gary clear his throat and motion for her to leave.

Before he can finish his breakfast, Kwangso comes in the dining room holding a pile of documents. Gary groan outwardly surprising the younger man. "Gary-shi, these are requests from the villagers for a viewing." Kwangso set the papers down the table.

"A what? Viewing? What the hell is a viewing," ask Gary, picking up a kimbap and popping it in his mouth.  

"From what I gather, it is an equivalent to an interview, the villagers ask for help financially-"

"I'm not a politician.” Gary stands, looking as rigid as ever. “Let Lee do that.”

Kwangso stands a little taller. “Of course, my Lord. Also, your father phoned, he needs to speak with you.”

Gary stops listening to Kwangso, his attention was taken by a black sedan outside the compound. He goes to the nearby window to look closer. It was the lead he was waiting for.


Gary, for the second time, loses the black BMW as they weave through the highway. Being discreet in the empty higher is harder than Gary anticipated. When Gary check the highway one more time, he sees the BMW take the exit ahead. Gary's range rover zoom towards the same direction. The BMW disappears into a fenced area. Gary shuts down his car, his eyes roaming around the location trying to remember details he might need for later. For a while he stays in his car, however, Gary hears some rustling from behind. Deciding that the easiest to enter is to get caught, Gary remains still.

"Gary-shi..." A voice said nearby. Gary turn his head and smile. 

"News travel fast here, doesn't?" 

"Only because we have the best people..." The voice replies. Suddenly, a gun was press against Gary's temple. "I didn't expect you to come here...Give me your gun."

Gary's smile widen, although he hated killing people (especially innocent people), Gary does appreciate a good fight, and this man in front of him is showing potential. "We both know that is not happening," Gary smirk and push his door open, the stranger with the gun almost falling backwards in surprise. 

"DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO?" The stranger with very light hair screams at Gary, his fingers hovering dangerously over the trigger.

Gary's smile disappears, his face turning into a murderous frown. "Do you know who you’re talking to?” Gary raise an eyebrow. The stranger in front of him stagger back, clearly supressing his fear of Gary.  “Ah, so you do know who I am.”

"Follow me." 


The foyer where Gary waits is decorated with paintings, some from Europe but mostly it was family portraits. Gary is currently surrounded by twenty or so men while they await, from what Gary gather, for the head of the house, the one who is trying to control the South. A secret door opens at Gary's right side and a middle aged man appear. They made eye contact, and Gary instantly know that his father will have trouble getting rid of these people.

"Apologizes Gary-shi, for my son's behaviour," the man lower his head and adds, "My name is Choi."

Gary return the polite gesture. He stares at Choi, unable to get over the fact that the man looked like a doctor. He was wearing a shirt and tie, with a white coat. "Your men were spotted around Lee's."

Choi sits on the chair nearby and motion for his men to leave. "Please sit," he says to Gary, which Gary did. "Tea? No? The South is known for their black tea..."

"I'm not here for pleasantries, Choi. I'm here to warn you. My father won't allow you-"

"Tea, Gary-shi, I insist," Choi gently push the teacup toward Gary. 

Gary looks at Choi incredulously. He have met many bosses in his lifetime, but Choi is the first to offer him tea. Sure, organizations respect their leaders, however tea is pushing the boundaries of civility for gangsters. Unable to say no, Gary takes the cup and drinks it without a second thought. When he puts down the cup on the table, he sees Choi smiling kindly at him. Gary feels uncomfortable, and it isn't because of the tea.

"You look like your father when he was younger Gary-shi, everything so similar, not a hint of your mother's appearance!" Choi chuckles, and before Gary can say anything, he continues, "but, that's where your similarities end. I'm glad."

Gary stands from his chair, enraged. He didn't like how Choi was talking about his family, he didn’t like how Choi speaks about his mother. Gary’s knuckles turn white as he tries to calm himself. 

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to intrude," Choi says, genuinely looking apologetic.

"I'm here to warn you that my father would not be giving up the South. He will kill your men, your son, and you." Gary announces with a calm voice, but he knows he sounds like a robot that’s about to explode. He turns to leave, but stop when he hears Choi get up from the chair.

"Will he? Or will you be doing the dirty work, my boy?" 

Before Choi's men can react, Gary's gun was out and is pointing toward their boss. "Don't test my patience," Gary says coldly, and he instantly wanted to retract that phrase because it reminded him of his father.

Choi considers Gary's reaction for a moment, but Choi's smile remain plastered on his face. Gary seeing Choi’s satisfied face is wearing Gary’s last thread of self-control. He didn't want a war, he doesn't like unnecessary bloodshed, but Choi is pushing his buttons that might just push him over the edge.

Regaining some restraint, Gary puts away his gun. "Take my father's warning seriously and you might just survive." Gary walks out the gate and gets into his car. He sigh, suddenly feeling exhausted. As he drives back, Gary can't help but feel like he is very uninform about his own father's organization. By the looks of it, Choi and his father know each other very well, more than Gary knows his own father. Gary press on the gas pedal, and his car zooms into the night.

Back in Choi’s mansion, Choi remain in his foyer, unable to remove the smile off his face. After meeting Kang's boy, he is more confident that his plan will work. The rumours had been true about the boy. Gary is nothing like his father, maybe in skills, Choi cannot deny Gary's abilities, but Gary is more human than his father. Choi sip the rest of his tea.


 

Gary park his car outside the garage. He walks towards the mansion, and notice the girl from earlier, in the pond pulling something out. Curious, Gary walk towards the pond trying to get a closer look. The little girl didn't know he was there until he spoke. "What are you looking for?" 

She jumps a little but smile when she sees him. "My Lord, I'm cleaning the pond," she giggles.

"You’re what? You’re cleaning it...? By hand? No? There is no machine to clean it out?" He replies when she indicated that it has to be done by hand. "That's a bit foolish...."

The little girl roll her drooping sleeves. "It's actually fun...I like the water," she grins, pulling out another weed from beneath the water. "10! I have ten, my Lord!" The little girl brought the plant high up in the air.

Gary smiles, her laugh is proving to be contagious. Gary doesn’t know what came over him, but he ended up saying something he might regret later. "I bet I can beat you," Gary says, removing his shoes. "Fifteen by sunset." He climbs in the pond, the cold water sloshing around creating tiny ripples. He crouch down and felt around the muddy waters. 

The little girl watches Gary, happy but at the same time curious with the assassin.

Unknown to the pair, Jihyo watch the scene unfold. It is perplexing, this boss she heard so much about. He doesn't look at all like a cold assassin, he looks like a normal man, somewhat rigid, but still he looks normal. No visible scars nor tattoos. Jihyo cannot even pinpoint where his gun is hidden, unlike some of the thugs she had met. Jihyo takes a step forward but this cause for the said boss to turn around and look straight at her. She can tell he was not expecting her. Jihyo does pride herself with somewhat being stealthy.

Unsure of what to do, Jihyo smile and give a little wave when her little friend finally realizes her presence. "Jihyo unnie!!! Come and play!" 

“My Lord, would you like me to bring out your dinner?” She ask when she reach the edge of the pond.

Gary straightened up and made a move to climb out of the water. He suddenly feels embarrass, seen plucking out weeds, but moreover he feels discomfit because the older girl was looking at him with cheerful eyes. He doesn’t deserve any of their genuine kindness. “No,” he slip out of the pond and quickly made his way to the mansion.

Jihyo lower her head when Gary walk pass her. She watch him stride purposely to the entrance hall. “He is very kind, isn’t he, unnie?”

“Let’s go, you might catch a cold, Nix,” Jihyo gently grab the Nix’s arm and pulls her out of the pond. Jihyo feels awful, she usually with pulling out the weed but she had too many chores, since the Lee’s are back home her chores had been triple in numbers.

“I don’t like the rumours about Gary-shi,” Nix huffs.

Jihyo chuckles at her childish manners. “I don’t like them either,” she agrees and tighten her grip around the little girl even further.

Gary watch the two girls walk inside the mansion, his eyes closely following the taller girl, whose name he accidently heard from the little girl. Jihyo. Gary’s eyes roam Jihyo’s body, trying to persuade himself that Jihyo is an ugly woman, but her curves underneath the maid’s clothes is proving otherwise. He has seen many attractive women in Seoul, and even slept with a dozen, however, he feels an unfamiliar aching in his chest area, and he knows he might be screwed.


Here’s another chapter, again it’s just more PLOT, I want to portray Gary as his killing machine so yaaah…More Jihyo in the next chapter! Thanks everyone!!