Chapter 11

Just business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
**Jiyong's POV**

‘H-hyung?’ my heart broke a little as he saw my best friend standing on my doorway instead of Seungri

Finally age was keeping up with Youngbae or maybe he was just tired- his once boyish face was now colorless, making him look as if he hadn’t taken a nap in ages.

‘I know everything, Jiyong…,’ Bae said breathlessly, walking past me and making himself home, ‘It was Angela. She sent him that video.’

Should I pretend I'm shocked? It was obvious Angela was the one who backstabbed me. Nothing new. But what concerned me was the way my best friend spoke, the way he spat out her name. His words were more bitter than poison and this wasn’t the usual way he treated Angela. I didn’t know much about their relationship but it seemed pretty decent, normal and even kind of cute. They weren’t dating officially because Youngbae didn’t want any commitment and, of course, this had Angie very confused.

Bae made his way to the living room that he knew so well, taking off his shoes before flopping down on the couch. I can say my best friend was way too used to my home, at times acting as if he owned the place.

‘She’s such a dumb . I wish I never met her.’ The older one groaned, burying his face into one of the giant fluffy pillows

I silently sat next to him and let out a deep sigh. Bae was angry as if he was the one who got kicked out of Seungri’s house. I get it- he was feeling bad for his buddy but there was something more. I knew this was not only because of my poor broken heart but because of Angela as well.

‘It’s so not her…,’ I whispered ‘I have no idea why she did it. Actually, I believe she was trying to hurt Seungri, not me. Angela is a friend of mine. Again, I don’t know why she did this.’

‘Oh, I’ll tell you why. Because she’s stupid.’ Bae snapped ‘I regret meeting her and I hope they deport her.’

Somehow I felt bad for Angela. It took less than a minute for the girl to turn everyone she ever loved against herself. I knew her well so I was sure she wouldn’t have sent the footage if she knew what was going to happen. And all this anger coming from Youngbae…

‘She was right for you.  You were never good at chosing the right girl.’

‘Yeah? Well, lemme tell you—‘ Yougbae raised his voice but he was cut off

‘Dara treated you like trash, she cheated on you and you would still call her perfect. Angela never mistreated you, hyung. Are you crazy?’

Our eyes met and I could see my words got to Youngbae. Angie was acting like the perfect girlfriend although she wasn’t his actual girlfriend. And she didn’t want much- fame, money, followers and likes were pointless to my assistant.

‘But she did this to you.’ replied Youngbae

‘So? I forgive her and you don’t? This whole situation revolves around Seungri and me, don’t make it about yourself. You came here just to diss her although I’m heartbroken?’

Bae bit his lip and looked down, guilt written all over his face. This was my moment. I had every right to dramatize and make a scene. Yet here he was, trying to steal the spotlight.

‘I’m not mad at you, hyung…’ I continued in a soft voice ‘But I’d rather be alone. Please go and talk to Angela. I have enough worries.’

Youngbae apologized, understanding and sweet as always, and quickly left my house. I was left all by myself again. Sitting down on the couch I had enough time to recall the whole situation all over again. Finally, I came to the conclusion that there was no one else to blame but myself. Selfishness won the battle for the nth time. Who was the real victim here? Of course it was Seungri. He lost his boyfriend because of my lack of patience and humanity.

A knock on the front door. God, Bae keeps forgetting his things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter