Chapter 8

Just business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘You have no idea what happened yesterday,’ I yawned and leaned against the coffee machine 

Angela looked up at me as he carefully took her steaming cup of coffee. We both seemed quite tired that early morning. I had no idea why the circles under her eyes were so dark but, in my case, I couldn’t sleep last night. I kept thinking about Seungri and the way his new boyfriend was treating him. Sungmin would probably let me do him, or vice versa, in a heart beat. But, on second thought, that’s what a cheater deserves. Yet I felt bad for Seungri, knowing that, despite everything he did in the past, he’s a good person.

'Basically Seungri’s parents don’t know he’s seeing a guy so when they came to pick up Hanna he had to ditch Sungmin and act like they aren’t together. So he asked me for a ride and yesterday we had lunch together,’ I sipped on my hot coffee, 'It was so lame.’

Angela let out a soft 'mhm’ and I could clearly see that she’s kind of pissed off. She was a bit bipolar and you could never know how she’ll react in certain situations. The girl tried to hold back her emotions but it’s always so easy to tell when she’s sad, angry etc.

'Such a move,’ Angela groaned and took a sip, 'Poor guy… One of my ex-es did this to me. It’s disgusting. He didn’t want his friends to know we’re dating.’

The Italian looked up at me and I noticed a strange spark in her eyes. Her gaze made me feel weird and uncomfortable, as if she was juding me. Her eyes pierced burning holes into me and for a second I forgot who’s the boss and who’s the assistant.

'What?,’ I asked

'Nothing…,’ Angela looked away but I knew this was only a part of her act, 'I was just wondering why would you have lunch with his boyfriend. Maybe you have feeling for Seungri?’

I chocked on my bitter coffee. That’s our Angela- straight-forward and lacking shame. I didn’t know how to answer her bold question. Of course I had feelings for Seungri. I longed for his touch every single second but I couldn’t let anyone know. Showing any emotion would making me look weak in everyone’s eyes. Plus, my pride is stronger than anything. I would never let Seungri see me on my knees. Suddenly we were interrupted by Seungri himself who headed towards the coffee machine. He pressed one of the red buttons and bit his lip.

'Good morning,’ he greeted after a few awkward seconds of silence

'Morning…,’ I whispered and our eyes met for a brief moment, making my legs shake

Seungri looked away quickly and I noticed the way he clenched his tiny hand into a fist. I could sence his strong cologne with its hints of sea breeze, lime and sandal wood. Suddenly he reached for one of the magazines on the shelf and started looking trough it, hissing out 'No milk and no sugar’ . Angela and I shared confused looks as Seungri kept reading the journal in his hands. We probably spent a whole minute wondering what’s going on before Seungri finally looked up at Angie.

'I’m waiting.’

'Woah, what?,’ she blinked confusedly and her whole neck turned red in a matter of seconds, 'Are you giving me orders?’

You see, pride and dignity are the most important things in Angela’s life. In her place I would’ve just pressed the button but she’s a fighter.

'Jiyong, what’s wrong with your assistant? You should find a new one.’

'Woah, excuse you.’, she said before I could reply, 'Who do you think you are? I’m not your servant and quit treating everyone like we owe you. Yesterday you ditched your boyfriend like he’s some kind of dirty animal. You know Jiyong wasn’t obligated to drive him back home, right?’

The woman stormed out of the room, living us completely stunned for a few minutes. Seungri the coffee machine and let out a light sigh before leaning against the counter.

'What did she mean?’ He asked and I could see real confusion on his face

Seungri wasn’t faking it- he really had no idea what’s going on. I gulped, not sure what’s the right answer to his question. I didn’t want to hurt him yet I didn’t want him to suffer.

'You came to work together but when your parents arrived you left him all alone,’ I looked down as if I did something wrong, ‘He asked me for a ride home.’

Seungri took in a sharp breath.

'Sungmin came with his car to check on me and said he needs to go right before the casting started.’

Everything made sence now. Seungri’s boyfriend only wanted to grab my attention and he was probably waiting for me at the parking. Maybe they were right- once a cheater, always a cheater. Sungmin easily fooled around with Seungri behind my back, why wouldn’t he let the maknae down now?
The coffee machine beeped and Seungri took his hot cup. I noticed his facial expression changed from neutral to sad. It was a light difference and if you haven’t known him for awhile you wouldn’t be able to tell a thing.

'Are you ok?’ I asked, fighting the urge to wrap my arms around him tightly and hold him forever 

'Yeah…,’ Seungri whispered and headed out of the room, 'I have work to do.’

I quickly ran into my office and locked the door. I sat behind the desk and placed my phone on it, taking in slow, steady breaths. My heart was beating so fast it could wrip my chest in two. Shaking fingers found Sungmin’s name in the contact list and dialed him. Not long after he picked up with a husky 'Hello’. I wasn’t sure if I should cry or laugh since it was painfully obvious he was trying to act y and seduce me. Unfortunately, this guy’s charm had no effect on me.

'Hi…,’ I spoke quietly, 'It’s Jiyong. I was wondering if you want to meet up today?’

'Sure. I had some work today but I’ll postpone it.’

Of course he would- I'm GD. Sungmin was such a pathetic gold digger it made me feel sick in the guts. I was starting to wonder if he ever felt anything for Seungri.

'Tonight, eight o'clock. I’ll send a car to pick you up.’


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter