02 Going Back

When the Cherry Blossoms Fall

silver-divider1.gif_zpsg01ij5s4.png

🌸02 Going Back🌸

My university allowed me to study abroad even though it was my first year. They sent me to a school that fit my major, so everything worked out well. I held onto the childhood picture of us in my hands as I felt the tears. I need to see him again. A memory came up as I saw the stared at the picture.

"Yiwoo!"

"Yeah?" 

"Come on follow me!"

"We can't fool around, you know I'm leaving soon!"

"Who says we're fooling around?"

He laced his hands with mine as we ran. 

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."

We continued passing the busy streets until we reached the park we always go to. This park was special because during spring, all of the cherry blossoms would bloom creating a pink wonderland. The blooms fluttered down as we walked through the path.

"Yiwoo before you go, I want to say something."

"What is it?"

"When we see each other again, let's meet here, alright?"

"Why here?"

"You love it here, don't you?"

"Yeah but..."

"It's settled we'll see each other again here."

"Okay."

It's true that I loved the cherry blossoms, but they don't last forever, just like our friendship. As the seasons change, the blossoms fall to only wither away. 

"Good luck." said my mom.

"Thanks, and I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie. You have everything, right?"

"Don't worry about me too much."

"It's a mother's job, you know."

I laughed, "I'll call you as often as I can."

"Hurry now, you don't want to miss your flight."

"Bye." I said kissing her.

I raced down to the gate just in time as they were calling passengers to board. My mom went through with getting me first class tickets, so I went on ahead and boarded. Once I'm seated I close my eyes to get some sleep knowing it'll be a long flight.

In my hand was a small pink envelope. Last night I wrote a letter addressed to Jimin because I just couldn't say these words to him. Today was the last day I'll see him, so were meeting at the park. Today was such a windy day that the letter flew out of my hands. I raced after it, almost running into people, dogs, and trees... I almost got it, but it flew into the streets. I was hoping to get it, but a pair of arms caught me before I could reach for it. 

"Are you crazy?! You could've gotten hit by a car!"

"But..."

"No buts, I'm taking you home with me."

I sighed in defeat and dissapointment because that letter expressed my feelings towards him. He looked at my sad form.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, I'm just afraid you'll get into an accident."

I felt a tear stream down. He's always cared about me, but I guess it's because he's my oppa. 

"Woah, why are you crying?" he asked.

"N-no reason." I sniffled.

"Come on I'll take you out for ice cream."

I tried to smile, but I couldn't knowing that today is my last day with him.

We walked into a small shop that was practically empty since it was going to rain soon.

"Two ice creams please, and the usual." he said.

"Coming right up." said the employee. 

Soon we were sitting by the window enjoying the cold dessert. I could feel him staring at me, but I didn't dare to meet his gaze.

"Hello, anyone there?" he teased.

"Shut up."

"Oh come on, why won't you look at me?"

"I'm just thinking about tomorrow."

"Oh, that." he said his smile disappearing.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss Korea."

"What are you going to do without me?"

"Meet new friends, I guess."

"They better not replace me."

"They could never replace you, don't worry."

"What am I going to do without you?" he said.

"You'll be fine without me."

"What do you mean, I'll be fine?"

"You have friends here too."

"But they're not you."

"I'm not that special."

"Yeah you are." he said.

We then finished our cones in silence until it was time for us to leave. As we exited the doors, small droplets fell onto my face. Soon the water droplets fell faster, so Jimin gave me his jacket while he was getting soaked in the rain. Once we reached my door, I gave him his jacket back.

"I'll miss you." he said.

"I'll miss you too."

He suddenly pulled me into his embrace. Hi soaked shirt soaked my shirt. Although it was cold, his warmth radiated off of his body.

"Don't forget about me."

"Alright, never forget."

The plane landed, and I was ready to finally get off from the long flight. I found my way to baggage claim, but there was a huge crowd of people with screaming girls. Some held signs that read, "BTS!!!" "V oppa notice me!!!" "Jin oppa marry me" "Jimin oppa!"

Jimin oppa? No it can't be him since there's more than one Jimin in this world. Then seven attractive guys walked down with the girls screaming. They sure know how to scream because I can't hear anything now. One of them bumped into me.

"Oh sorry about that."

He gave me a smile, as he walked with the other members. I heard some of the fangirls say that I was lucky enough to be noticed by Jimin oppa or something. Oh well these are young kpop fan girls that are brainwashed by their handsome oppas. I proceed with getting my baggage and calling a taxi. The ride was short as I was dropped off at an apartment. The university here offered me a place to live in for free because of my outstanding grades. I dropped all my things and jumped onto the bed. Thousands of thoughts raced through my head. 

"I'm finally here."

"I'm back home."

"I'll see my friends again."

"Most importantly, I'll see Jimin again."

silver-divider1.gif_zpsg01ij5s4.png