01 Remember

When the Cherry Blossoms Fall

silver-divider1.gif_zpsg01ij5s4.png

🌸01 Remember🌸

I was preparing my items to head to university. My mom was helping me pack my clothes. 

"Yiwoo, I'll bring you a suitcase for your clothes." she said heading towards the attic. 

"Alright." I said continuing to clean out my closet. I looked at my mint sundress with roses on it. Should I take it? Nah. I rarely wear dresses anyway. I wonder why I bought. Hmm maybe because I thought it was cute, but I'm just not the type of person to wear these types of clothes. I heard steps of my mom walking back down with a wooden box in hand. 

"I found a little something from a long time ago." she said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Find out for yourself." she said,"here's the suitcase, I have to go prepare lunch."

She walked out leaving the box in my hand. I examined it, it looked antique, and there was a keyhole. How am I supposed to pen this if I don't have the key.

"Mom!" I called.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I don't have the key!" I shouted.

"Use the key around your neck!" she yelled back.

I looked down at my little necklace. There was always a silver key attached, but I forget why I never took it off. I had this feeling that I should keep it on. I sat down at the edge of my bed, and I take the key in my hand and proceed to unlock the lock. With a small click the box opened to reveal pictures of me when I was young and notes. I saw a picture of me with a small boy. Who was this? I pick up the picture and flip it to the back. It had cursive writing, Jimin X Yiwoo 04/16/03. Jimin? Why is that name familiar? I take out a note that appeared to be a goodbye letter.

Yiwoo,

Enjoy America. It's sad to see you go, but maybe we'll see each other in the future someday. I promise I'll call you everyday, well maybe not everyday but as often as I can. Remember the good times we had. Remember when we pranked Mr.Seo. It was hilarious, although our parents scolded us for doing that to an elder. I'll miss you

                                                                                                                                                           ~Jimin

I remember...Jimin and I were neighbors ever since we were introduced when he was 6 and I was 5. I had to move when I was 11, and we promised that we would talk often. We would work out the time difference, and talk to each other excitedly.

"Hi Jimin oppa"

"How's America?"

"Oh I don't have any friends since my English isn't good."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make lots of friends, you know I'm here for you."

"Alright."

"Yiwoo if anything bad happens tell me."

"Do you really care that much?"

"Of course I do, you're my little dongsaeng."

"Hey! I'm not that little."

"You are shorter than me."

"I'll grow taller than you, Park Jimin, mark my words."

He chuckled.

"We'll see about that."

"Alright I have to go, I'll talk to you soon."

"Alright bye."

Over time the phone calls died out. He tried sending letters, but that takes too long, so our moms made us email accounts. Even those died out as time went on. I can't believe I forgot about him, but doesn't that mean he has forgotten about me too? I need to find him. He still better live in Korea because I going to be a trasfer student there.

I decided to go through more notes. One caught my eye that was taped to the bottom.

Yiwoo,

I hope all our memories will be stored here.

Never forget

You promise right?

                                                  ~Jimin

I scratched my head out of frustration. How could I forget someone important. I raced downstairs to th kitchen.

"Oh Yiwoo, did you see what was inside?" she asked.

"Mom, what's wrong with me? How could I forget?" I asked.

"Well you two live far away and times change just like the seasons." she replied.

"I know this sounds crazy, but can I study abroad in Korea?" I asked.

"I'll let you study abroad if that's what you want." she said.

"Thank you, and have you been contact with his mom?" I asked.

"Sadly no, I'm sorry sweetie." she said.

"That's fine, I'll somehow find him." I said,"I just hope he hasn't forgotten about me."

silver-divider1.gif_zpsg01ij5s4.png