Just Like Him

My Doppelganger and I

Youngmin’s POV

The next day…

I felt the sun shining on my face that made me wake up. I still remembered that today is the day where I get to hang out with Minwoo, just the two of us. I was so excited that I immediately got up and showered to keep myself fresh. Once I was done, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my waist. I didn’t know what to wear, so I just wore a pair of jeans and a plain white shirt with a plaid, red jacket. I noticed my face felt stingy and hurt when I tried to put on my shirt. So I checked the mirror in the bathroom and I was in total shock. My right cheek had a bruise.

“Where did I?” I asked, slightly touching the bruise. I couldn’t let Minwoo see this. He’ll be totally freaked out if he does. So I applied some BB cream to hide the mark.

Still curious from the bruise I got, I went downstairs and noticed father Donghyun in the kitchen. “Abeoji, I’m going to hang out with my friend okay?” I said, getting his attention. He then turns to me from cooking and smiled.

“You sure you don’t want to eat first my son?” father said, flipping some pancakes.

“No, I’m going to eat with my friend.”

“Okay then, just make sure to come back before it gets dark.”

“I will thank you.” I went out the door and rushed to Kona Beans to see Minwoo.

 

Donghyun’s POV

As the door closed behind my back, I was left with nothing but regret. I didn’t mean to hurt my dear Youngmin. He’s probably wondering how he got the bruise on his cheek by now…

 

 

^^^

Youngmin’s POV

9:01am.

I was finally at Kona Beans when I saw Minwoo waiting for me already, sitting on one of the serving tables.

“Minwoo!!” I shouted, running towards him. He then sees me and waves. I sat across him and we were both happy to see each other. “Sorry I kept you waiting.”

“It’s okay, you weren’t late. I just came early,” Minwoo laughed, putting his phone away. “So where should we go for ice cream?”

“Are you kidding? We’re right here.”

 

^^^

Author’s POV

Youngmin unlocked the door to the shop with the spare key Jeongmin gave him. The two went inside and they locked the door.

“What flavor of ice cream do you want?” Youngmin asked.

“Surprise me,” Minwoo said, taking a seat.

“Okay, one surprise treat coming up.” Youngmin started making the ice cream while Minwoo went on his phone.

“Are you sure Jeongmin will be okay with it?” Minwoo asked in worry.

“He didn’t give me the key for nothing right?” Youngmin laughed, bringing two bowls of ice cream to their table.

“I suppose you’re right,” Minwoo smiled, watching Youngmin set the food on the table. “Wow that looks delicious.”

“Just wait until you try it, go ahead. I’ll let you have the first taste.”Minwoo took a spoonful of the different textures in the ice cream. When he tasted the bursting flavors in his mouth, his jaw dropped. “What’s wrong Minwoo?” Youngmin laughed, shocked to see his expression.

“This ice cream…IS DELICIOUS!!!” Minwoo shouted, eating it deliciously. Youngmin watches as Minwoo eats. He noticed Minwoo had some ice cream on his mouth.

“So cute…” Youngmin whispered, staring at the adorable Minwoo as he eats like a kid. Minwoo then catches Youngmin looking at him.

“What?” Minwoo smiled, which made Youngmin laugh so hard.

“You got some…you know…” Youngmin said, pointing to where Minwoo has ice cream on his face.

“Oh…”  Minwoo said, wiping the ice cream off in embarrassment. The two young boys engaged in a friendly-fun conversation as they were eating their delicious treats.

“So Youngmin, how did you make this ice cream so good by the way?” Minwoo asked, gazing upon the tall, blonde boy.

“I can’t tell you. It’s my own recipe…” Youngmin laughed, also looking at short Minwoo. The two then gave each other a stare into each other’s eyes. The silence that filled up the room made the area tense and more awkward as seconds went by. After a while, Youngmin broke the silence. “…but…to tell you the truth, I added a hint of coffee espresso into the ice cream.” It was quiet again as the two now gave each other smiles. The room, full of awkwardness, was gone and an atmosphere of happiness was spread around. Looking at each other for how long can be seen by the two that they both were having a good time.

“…Umm…Youngmin..?”

“…What is it Minwoo?” Both still smiling and not breaking the gaze upon each other…

“…I-It’s…nothing…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it…”

Minwoo’s POV

I-I think…I’m in love…but, I can’t tell him just yet. It’s crazy how we only met, but…he’s just like…him. He makes me feel…special. Special as in someone who notices me and appreciates my existence. Him and Hyunseong…I love them both, but my heart says I can only go to one of them. I can’t date both, that’s just strange. The problem is…who?

 

Author’s POV

Hello you guys!!! I’m back after so long since I updated. School is coming very soon so I’m not looking forward to it cuz that’ll mean I’ll barely be updating. If you do have, by any chance, follow me on Twitter (@Chrisgoose99) and message me for any requests since I have silent readers hereXD XD Also, it’s short and a little rushed so I apologizeT_T