Out of the Ordinary

My Doppelganger and I

Back to the main story…

Minwoo’s POV

I couldn’t believe I saw him again. Hearing that word ‘baby’ from him or any other cuddly word makes me sick. Why can’t he accept the fact that I don’t like him anymore?

He then starts walking towards me, reaching out his hand. I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t move back, it was a dead end.

“Minwoo…I’m so happy to see you again,” Hyunseong said, walking slowly to me. “You don’t know how much I missed you.” I was frightened when I heard his voice. Without thinking, I tried to slip through him in panic. It didn’t work because he quickly grabbed my wrist before I got a chance to escape. I started to breathe heavily as my heart was racing. His voice sounded happy, but the way he was holding me by the wrist, I knew he was angry at me.

“Where do you think you’re going my love?” Hyunseong whispered, turning his face to me. “Look at me…” I just stood there and refused to even take a glance at him. He immediately turned my head to him with his free hand and in the moment, we had eye-to-eye contact. I looked at his pissed off faced and he was very serious now. I have never seen him this furious at me after what I did back then. I was then grabbed by the neck.

“Don’t you ever leave me again, you hear me?!” Hyunseong threatened, which made me start to cry. His voice was really scary as if he was about to kill me like the time when I was getting beaten up in school that one day. I thought my life was over by then, but Hyunseong was there to save me. Now, he has his very own hand on my small neck.

“I-I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to…” Hyunseong apologized, seeing the tears I just shed out. He lets go of me and I started coughing, trying to get air back into my lungs. He then comes up to me and placed his hands on my cheeks, wiping off my tears. “I…didn’t mean to hurt you like that.” I didn’t want to say anything, but I knew I had to talk.

“I-It’s okay, I’m sorry too…” I said, in regret.

 

^^^

Author’s POV

5:07pm.

It was another busy day for the workers at Kona Beans, but it was now time to go home. The four cleaned up the shop in a matter of minutes. All that was left was the typical restroom duty. So the three showed Hyunseong their ‘little game’ and from there, they begin…

“If you don’t bring it out you lose, rock paper scissors…”

The loser was Hyunseong and he didn’t look happy. Just then, Minwoo interrupted.

“I can help Hyunseong with restroom duty, I don’t mind.” Youngmin and Jeongmin were both surprised.

“Are you sure Minwoo?” Youngmin asked, looking a bit disappointed.

“Yeah, no problem at all,” Minwoo smiled.

“Ok, then. Just make sure to lock up,” Jeongmin said, walking with Youngmin to the front door.

“Just leave it to us you guys, we got this,” Hyunseong said, wrapping his arm around Minwoo’s shoulder, smiling too. Youngmin gave a fake smile and the two left the shop.

 

^^^

Youngmin and Jeongmin were taking the bus home, sitting next to each other. It was quiet for a while until Jeongmin broke the silence.

“So, about Hyunseong…”

“I don’t even want to hear that name,” Youngmin interrupted. A shocked Jeongmin then started to question.

“What? What’s wrong Youngmin? You barely talked at all today,” Jeongmin said, facing his body to Youngmin.

“Huh, it’s just that Hyunseong is so clingy to Minwoo. He wouldn’t even let me help him or Minwoo,” Youngmin complained.

“What do you mean?” Jeongmin asked.

“Every time I tried to help Hyunseong, he always tells me that he wants Minwoo to help him. And when I tried to assist Minwoo, Hyunseong would always in and tell me that he’ll help him. It makes me mad…”

“Someone’s a bit jealous, it’s not like you have feelings for Minwoo,” Jeongmin laughed. He then saw the sad expression on Youngmin’s face after what he said. “Wait, don’t tell me you do have…” Youngmin then nodded a yes that made Jeongmin gasp. “Wow, after all the years with you, I only knew now…”

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me Jeongmin,” Youngmin said, looking down. It was then quiet again for the rest of the trip back home. When Jeongmin’s stop came by, he wished him goodbye and he got off the bus. Youngmin watches as Jeongmin looked back to see him and waves to him. He then nods and the bus drives out again.

 

^^^

Youngmin’s POV

I walked the rest back home and I just realized that father must be worried I wasn’t home yesterday. As I came to the door of my house, I opened it and there was my father, sitting on the couch. He looked very worried, but when he saw me, he came up to me and gave me a tight hug. He was very relieved to see me safe and sound.

“My son, I’m so happy you’re okay,” Donghyun said, patting my back. He then stops hugging me. He placed his hands on my shoulders in worry. “Where were you last night? Did Kwangmin get to you?”

“I was still in Kona Beans, but I lost track of the time while I was cleaning,” I said, explaining my reason. “But luckily, he just messed up the place and didn’t go out, leaving me to wake up in the shop.”

“Did he hurt anyone Youngmin?”

“No, Jeongmin and our new employee left before I turned into Kwangmin.”

“Huh, that’s good,” Donghyun said, going into the kitchen. “As long as he doesn’t hurt anyone or you, then it’s okay. I’ll get you your dinner before it gets dark.”

“Okay,” I said, going upstairs into my room. I jumped onto my bed and just stared at the ceiling, thinking about Minwoo. The way Hyunseong behaved with Minwoo was weird. It was like…they were dating or something? No, that’s crazy…

Just then, my phone was ringing and I grabbed it from my pocket. I was surprised when it was text from Minwoo.

 

“Hey, Youngmin?”

I wasn’t expecting a message from Minwoo. I texted back.

“Yes? Is there anything wrong?”

“No, there’s nothing wrong. Hyunseong and I just finished up with the shop :)”

“Oh okay, so what is it then?”

“I was wondering if you want to hang out at the new carnival that just opened in Seoul tonight :)”

 I was shocked to see the message Minwoo sent. I really wanted to, but I know I can’t. Just then, another message from Minwoo came.

 

“You know, just the two of us. If it’s okay with you.  ^_^”

When he said ‘two of us’, I felt guiltier than ever. I had no choice…

“Minwoo, I’m sorry but I can’t go…” I texted.

It took a while for his reply to come.

“Oh…it’s okay…”

Just reading his reply made me feel so bad. Minwoo texts again…

“Do you want to hang out tomorrow morning then? Since there’s no work…”

“Sure, does ice cream sound good?” I texted.

“OH I L-O-V-E ICE CREAM!!! Where do you want to meet?”

“Just meet me at Kona Beans around 9:00am.”

“OKKK!!! I CAN”T WAIT!! ^_^ See you tomorrow.”

“Okay, bye.”

I was disappointed I couldn’t make it tonight, but I can’t let Minwoo know about my evil twin brother. At least we get to hang out tomorrow.

Just then, the door opened and it was father Donghyun who brought dinner.

“Is donkatsu okay tonight?” Donghyun asked, placing the food on my bed.

“Yes, thank you abeoji,” I said, eating every last piece of meat until it’s gone. When I finished my food, I lied down on my bed so father could tie me up.

“I’m sorry you have to live like this every day my boy,” Donghyun said, tying rope between me and my bed. “It’s not easy doing this.”

“If it’s to keep the people I love safe, then I’m okay with it,” I said with no regrets.

“One day, we will fix all of this and we can live peacefully.”

“I hope so too abeoji.” My father kisses me on the forehead and sat on the chair right next to my bed. I waited until the time has come for my brother to return again. When it was time, I didn’t remember what happened. All I knew was me transforming once again…

Kwangmin’s POV

I finally awaken, but this time, on my hyung’s bed. I was tied up as usual and I looked around. It was when I saw my own father sitting near me.

“If it isn’t my appa,” I said in a low tone. I stare as my father gives me a stare too. He finally talked after a while.

“What do you want Kwangmin? Why are you doing this to my son?” Donghyun said, still staring at me with that disgusting look.

“Hey, you should show some respect to your other son to yah know…”

“Does it look like I give two damns about you after what you’ve done after all these years,” Donghyun said, getting up from his seat. He then starts to pull my hair and I start grinning. “People like you don’t deserve to be in this world.”

“You don’t know how it feels to be me.” Father lets go of my hair and his back was turned. “You should’ve raised hyung better.”

“How do you know that, huh?” Donghyun said, turning to me now.

“He never told you, he likes this boy who just came into his work.”

“So what if he likes him?” father said, clenching his fist in anger.

“I know what Youngmin feels inside and now that I know he loves Minwoo so much, I can’t wait to meet him myself…”

I was then punched in the face by father. I started laughing with his careless action.

“Give me more appa, Youngmin needs to be punished more.” He then realizes the bruise I got from him on my right cheek. “There’s nothing you can do appa, if I die, Youngmin dies inside me too.”

“Don’t you dare hurt Youngmin you bastard…” Donghyun said, walking towards me again.

“Then you should treat me like hyung.”

“I don’t trust you and I never will,” Donghyun threatened to me. “If you can kill Youngmin, why haven’t you done it yet?” I laughed to my father’s stupid question.

“And I thought you cared for Youngmin…I want him to feel my pain. Now that I know who he deeply cares for, aside from you, I can’t wait to get my hands on that boy.”

“Then I’ll make sure Youngmin and I keeps you tied up until we finally get rid of you,” Donghyun said, leaving the room. He then closes the door and left me alone.

“Heh…we’ll see about that…” I said, giving an evil laugh. 

 

Author’s Notes

Hey guys, Annyeonghaseyo :). This was a fast update because I was working on it the day I published Chapter 6. I also changed the title of Chapter 6 cuz it felt so obvious what the chapter was going to be about, and I want you guys to be surprised. I hope you enjoyed this Chapter and look forward to the next one. Kamsahamnida^_^