This Can't Be True

My Doppelganger and I

Author’s POV

7:35am.

Youngmin and Jeongmin finally cleaned up the whole shop before Minwoo or the new employee came. The two were very tired and they both sat across each other on a table, talking.

“Is your hand feeling all better?” Jeongmin said.

“Yeah, it should be fine now that you cleaned it up, thank you,” Youngmin said, smiling happily.

“We’re lucky Minwoo or the new kid didn’t come yet to see the mess,” Jeongmin said, laughing. “I wonder how the new employee looks.”

“Well, all I could say is to not be nervous around him, since you’re in charge now.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not that ‘old Jeongmin’ from yesterday.” Just then, the shop door was opened, leaving a chiming sound to ring. It was Minwoo who stepped in.

“Hey guys, sorry if I’m late,” Minwoo said, approaching the two.

“Oh no, you’re fine,” Jeongmin said, standing up.

“Yeah, the shop doesn’t open until 8:00,” Youngmin added, who also stood up to face Minwoo.

“Oh god, Youngmin sunbae…your hand…” Minwoo gasped, holding his mouth. “What happened? Are you okay?”

“Oh this? It’s nothing, really,” Youngmin said, nervously trying to find an excuse. “I…ugh…”

“He got cut when he was chopping up food this morning,” Jeongmin barged in.

“Yeah, the knife got me pretty good, but I could still work,” Youngmin said, going with Jeongmin’s plan.

“As long as you’re okay, then it’s fine by me.” Minwoo gave a cute smile that made Jeongmin’s face turn tomato red. The two, however, felt really guilty for telling Minwoo a lie.

“No Minwoo, the boss gave me a text saying a new employee will be working with us now,” Jeongmin said, showing him the message on his phone. “See for yourself.”

Jeongmin gave his phone to Minwoo. As Minwoo was reading the message, he showed a change in his expression. He was in shock when he saw the name, Shim Hyunseong.

“Hey, Minwoo? Are you okay? You’re breathing pretty hard…” Youngmin said.

 

Minwoo’s POV

“Shim…Hyunseong…no...no I-It can’t be…is it really him?” I said to myself, just staring at that name for how long. I started to hear myself breathing from panic.

“Hey Minwoo? Are you okay? You’re breathing pretty hard…” Youngmin said.

I didn’t know how to react to what I just saw. Is…he really coming to work here? Does he know I’m here? Did he…follow me?! All of a sudden…

“JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE ALREADY!!!” I yelled, throwing Jeongmin’s phone on the ground.

“Hey!! My phone!!” Jeongmin said, picking it up from the ground.

I immediately ran upstairs into the employee’s restroom, without saying a word to the two. I locked myself in the restroom and sat next to the toilet, with my legs being close together. After a few seconds, I found myself shedding a tear as that name kept coming into my mind.

 

Author’s POV

Jeongmin and Youngmin were shocked with the young boy’s behavior. Throwing Jeongmin’s phone out of nowhere and running away with no word, whatsoever.

“What’s with you guys today?” Jeongmin pissed, checking if his phone is working.

“I don’t know, it must be the message seonbaenim sent,” Youngmin said, comforting Jeongmin.

Suddenly, the door swung open again, but this time, hard. It scared the two employees, only realizing it was just a customer. He looked very manly, despite the height and broad body build. The top of his hair was pretty shaggy that almost made him look like a gangster. The appearance of the man made the two a bit overwhelmed.

“Oh, umm sir…w-we are not open yet. Could you please come back later?” Jeongmin asked, putting his phone in his pocket.

“I’m not here to order young boy, I’m here to work,” the man said.

 

^^^

Everyone except Minwoo was in sunbaenim’s office, having a talk with the new guy. Jeongmin was sitting on the boss’s chair while Youngmin and the new guy were sitting next to each other.

“You must be Shim Hyunseong, it’s nice to meet you sir,” Jeongmin said. “I’m Lee Jeongmin, the manager here.”

“And I’m Kim Youngmin, it’s great to see you.”

“Yeah, it’s nice to meet me too, as always,” Hyunseong said sarcastically.

The two watched as Hyunseong was laughing alone to his own joke. They both looked at each other in confusion.

“What? My joke isn’t funny? Or do you not get it at all?” Hyunseong said, giving a mean stare at the two. Youngmin and Jeongmin saw the look he gave to them and pretended to laugh.

“Hehehe, yeah, we get it, so funny…” Jeongmin said, rolling his eyes. “So, welcome to Kona Beans. Youngmin, can you show him around the shop?”

“Sure, why not…” Youngmin said sarcastically, in disgust.

“Hold up, it’s only you two working here?” Hyunseong asked, giving that mean old look again.

“W-Well, the boss of this shop isn’t here due to a business trip,” Jeongmin said, trying not to act nervous. “…and we do have another employee here, but he…” Jeongmin was then interrupted.

“That employee sure has the nerve to not celebrate my shortcomings then, how nice…” Hyunseong said.

“Not everyone was informed about you coming here today, the boss messaged me this morning and…”

“Never mind, let’s forget about it. Where do I start?” Hyunseong asked, in boredom.

 

^^^

After showing the whole place to Hyunseong, the three finally opened the shop. Youngmin and Jeongmin watched as Hyunseong was still looking around in suspicion, as if he was looking for something.

“Umm…Hyunseong? Do you need anything?” Jeongmin asked who was near the counter with Youngmin.

“Ugh, yeah…where’s Min…I mean, the restroom again?” Hyunseong asked, still looking around.

“Well, after showing you not too long ago, there’s a restroom right across that hallway there, but that’s only for customers. The employees’ own is upstairs.”

“Okay okay, thanks…” Hyunseong said, in his sarcastic voice once again. He then disappears out of sight and Jeongmin and Youngmin looked at each other.

“I don’t like the new guy,” Youngmin whispered. “Are you sure it’s him?”

“Yeah, his resume says he’s Shim Hyunseong,” Jeongmin said.

“But don’t you think his attitude’s a bit…”

“I know Youngmin. He may look hot in that uniform, but his personality as hell so far,” Jeongmin said, laughing. “At least we get more help in this shop.”

“True...” Youngmin said.

 

^^^

Hyunseong’s POV

“Damn, I know he’s around here, but where the hell is he?!” I said to myself. I checked sunbaenim’s office and he wasn’t there. So, I went upstairs and checked the rooms when I came across the restroom door. I tried opening it and yup, it was locked. I heard sniffling noises coming from inside that grabbed my attention. I checked if the coast is clear and I grabbed my bobby pin that was attached to my hair. I knocked on the door and there was no reply. So I tried to lock pick the door to open.

 

Minwoo’s POV

I was still in the restroom, just thinking about Shim Hyunseong. What will he do once he sees me? He knows I’m here and who knows what will happen. Just then, I heard knocking from the door and I got up. I didn’t say a word, but slowly moved towards the door. I was about to unlock the door until I heard the doorknob making strange noises. The noises kept going nonstop and I moved away from the door in fear. I know it’s not Youngmin or Jeongmin because they wouldn’t do that. Is it…him?

My heart was beating so fast that it felt like it was about to come out from my mouth. I didn’t know what to do. I was trapped in the restroom, with nowhere else to run or hide. I leaned against the wall and sat down, covering my ears.

“HYUNSEONG!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!!!” I yelled, crying.

Just then, the crackling noises stopped and I was left looking at the door. I got up and approached the door. As I was about to open it, the door slowly opened by itself that made me move back again in fear. When the door was fully opened, I couldn’t believe my eyes…

“Hey baby, did you miss me?” Hyunseong said.

 

Author’s Notes

I’m going to stop from here and let you guys question on this chapter. Sorry it took long though...Thank you for reading this chapter :)