Two-Faced Jeongmin

My Doppelganger and I

Minwoo’s POV

1:21pm.

My first day working at Kona Beans is fun, but tiring. I never imagined how busy a job like this can be. I did make a ton of money though while I was on shift. Almost all the tables I served left a good tip of won.

I’m happy that Youngmin showed me what to do and how to make coffees and a macchiato. Even if I did something wrong, he would always help me with no hesitation. No matter how long or how many times I made the same mistake, he never got mad at me.

Jeongmin though, on the other hand, has been acting weird ever since I came. I could never talk to him for help or just to start a conversation. He would either walk away or stutter when he talks, leaving me confused. So to find out what was going on, I went to talk to Youngmin while there were no customers around.

“Minwoo? Is there something you need?” Youngmin said, cleaning a table. I was a bit nervous before talking to him, not knowing what his reaction will be once I tell him.

“Umm…listen, about Jeongmin. He’s been acting strange lately. Is he okay?” I said, looking around.

“That guy always acts strange every day, it’s unpredictable,” Youngmin said, facing to me and giving a smile.

“Oh…ok…”

“But the way he is right now is not how he usually was before you came,” Youngmin said.

“What are you talking about?” I said. Suddenly, I took a glimpse of the area and saw Jeongmin watching the two of us talk. When he saw me looking at him, he hid behind the counter, making it obvious though.

“Let’s go talk somewhere else,” Youngmin whispered to me. “Follow me.”

So Youngmin and I walked outside Kona Beans and sat on one of the shop’s serving tables. It was quiet for a while until Youngmin finally talked.

“Listen, to tell you the truth…” Youngmin whispers, taking a glimpse at the window to see if he was around. “Jeongmin is…you know…that word.”

I was completely shocked with what he told me. My first day on the job and I get this already? No wonder why he’s been like this around me.

 

^^^

 

A few hours earlier…

I was changing into the work uniform in a room upstairs, the door was swung open as I was about to take off my shirt. Jeongmin saw me and we were both shocked for a moment. Jeongmin then looks down in embarrassment.

“Oh, I-uhh…didn’t know you were in here…sorry…” he said, bowing to me and left. Jeongmin didn’t leave me alone I think. Usually, people would close doors when someone is changing. I noticed he left the door slightly open instead of closing it. So I decided to change in the room’s bathroom just in case.

 

^^^

 

Back to where we left off…

“Hey, Minwoo?” Youngmin said, getting up from his seat.

I got up too and we were facing each other. Suddenly, he gave me a hug, leaving me speechless…he starts whisper into my ear.

“If Jeongmin ever makes you feel uncomfortable, just tell me,” Youngmin said, still hugging short Minwoo. “…I’ll take care of him.”

“Take care of him?” I said to myself. What do you mean by that Youngmin? Are you going to hurt him or something? I was scared to ask him those questions as he was still hugging me. I can feel his warm body pressing on mine, but it wasn’t a warm feeling of love or anything. This time…it felt…dark being around him…

 

 

 

Jeongmin’s POV

I can’t believe Youngmin just went outside with Minwoo. I can see them talking. Just seeing Minwoo with Youngmin instead of me makes me jealous. I wonder what they’re talking about.

Just then, Youngmin looks by the window and I immediately crouch down by the counter. When I thought it was safe to see, I slowly got up and was checking on them again. The minute I had the two in my eyesight, I saw Youngmin whispering into Minwoo’s ear. Minwoo then gave a surprised look to Youngmin.

“What did Youngmin say that shocked Minwoo?” I said to myself. Now, I was really curious about the two’s conversation. Do they know each other? Have they met before?

Out of nowhere, they gave each other a hug.

“NO WAAYYY!!!” I said to myself. I watch as the two were hugging each other for a while now. Its obvious Youngmin likes Minwoo too. Guy hugs don’t last that long, right?

I immediately ran to the restroom and locked the door, crying and weeping over what I just saw. I found myself sitting on the side of the door like a weak child. After a few seconds, I had the strength to pick myself up and I looked at myself in the mirror. I wiped my tears and saw my eyes turning red. I was talking to my reflection in the mirror in anger.

“If Youngmin wants to be the love triangle between Minwoo and me, then I guess this means war…”

 

^^^

 

Author’s POV

2:30pm.

Kona Beans got busy again with customers coming in and out. Youngmin and Minwoo were left dashing everywhere. They were taking and making the orders at the same time. Both were tired, but they knew they couldn’t just stop.

“Damn, where’s Jeongmin?!” Youngmin said, making the orders and spilling hot beverages in their work station.

“Yaahhh!!” Minwoo screamed, rubbing his burning skin from the coffee Youngmin splashed on him.

“Sorry Minwoo…” Youngmin said, giving the order to a waiting customer. “Sorry you had to wait for long.”

 

^^^

 

After a long rush of work…

“Mannn….I’m sooo tired…” Minwoo said, lying down on the floor.

“I know, ever since you came, things really changed in this shop,” Youngmin replied. “We barely even have customers nowadays.”

“Oh, really?”

“It must be your cute charm to the customers Minwoo,” Youngmin complimented, sitting on the floor right beside Minwoo.

Minwoo started to turn red after hearing Youngmin’s words and looked the other way.

“I-I’m going to the restroom real quick,” Minwoo said, getting up and dusting his uniform.

“Ok,” Youngmin said.

So Minwoo went upstairs into the employee restroom and found the door locked. “That’s strange…”

Jeongmin’s POV

I wonder how long have I been in here. I was still tearing up for how long. I was still mad about the Youngmin and Minwoo moment…ugh, it makes me sick just thinking about it. I’ve been picturing them hugging and hugging again and again.

“Why can’t I get it out of my head?” I said to myself. Suddenly, the doorknob was moving, like someone was trying to open it.

*knock knock knock* “Hello? Is anyone in here?” a voice was heard. I recognized that voice and no doubt it was Minwoo knocking. My heart started to beat faster as he kept knocking.

“Jeongmin, are you in here?” Minwoo said, still knocking.

My heart felt like it just skipped a beat. Minwoo knows I’m in here because I wasn’t present for a while. I slowly walked to the door and had my hand on the knob. “Come on Jeongmin, you can do this…go and finally to No Minwoo,” I said to myself.

I unlocked the door and Minwoo stopped banging. I slowly opened the door to show Minwoo my weak face.

“Oh my god, Jeongmin,” Minwoo said, shocked to see his face. “Your eyes are red Jeongmin seonbae…are you okay?”

I didn’t say anything for a few a seconds until I finally spoke. “Yeah, I’m fine,” I said to Minwoo, scratching my hair.

“Well, your face doesn’t look okay. Do you want to talk?”

“Nehhh….maybe later…”

“Oh, okay then…” Minwoo said, with a disappointed look. “Umm Jeongmin…I need the restroom.”

I immediately got out of Minwoo’s way and he closed the restroom door in front of people. I placed my hand on the door and moved my ear closer and closer to its surface. As I heard the noise Minwoo made when you pee, I smiled happily.

“Minwoo…I would do anything for you, anytime…any day…anywhere…to make you happy.”

 

Author’s Notes

Annyeonghaseyo!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please give me feedback on what you think of this story so far, Chrisgoose99 signing out XD