사랑해

Mianhae, Saranghae, Yongseohae

The Second Part: Saranghae

 

I ran as fast as I can just to be on time for magic classes with Danger. Not actually classes, I just wanted to learn a few tricks and talk to him. “Woah,” I said, almost dropping my things. I panted and inhaled heavily as I knocked on his door. “Knock knock,”

“Who’s there?” he asked, still inside his house.

“It’s me,”

“It’s me who—“

“WHAT THE HELL, DANGER, YOU THINK I’M KIDDING OR SOMETHING?!” I exclaimed as I began slamming his door. I heard him laughing his off and then he opened the door.

“What a surprise, Lemon. You’re not late,” he smirked as he opened the door wider, urging me to come in. I rolled my eyes at him as I went in and threw my bag at the sofa. I sat on his couch and took off my shoes.

He sat beside me. “So, you now got time to learn magic and be with me? These past few weeks Tyler’s always with you.”

“What?” I cringed, ”We’re done. Ages ago.”

He chuckled, and then he messed my hair. “Kidding.”

I rolled my eyes at him and stood up. “If I know, you’re starting to fall for me and you’re getting jealous,” I scoffed, “Am I really that pretty that you couldn’t resist my charms?” I teased.

He smirked at me, “Says the girl who told me ‘I love you’ on the first day we met. Am I really that handsome that you couldn’t resist my charms?” He mimicked.

What the heck! He still remembered what happened three—no, wait, four years ago? I blushed as soon as I heard him say it again. Yes, again. He was teasing me about it whenever I too. It’s our kind of bonding, actually.

“I—I already told you so many times already, Danger, it was a mistake! Okay? A mistake! Nothing more, nothing less!” I huffed while waving his magic wand in front of me.

And then I saw it again. The little speck of emotion in his eyes. The first time I saw it was when I first saw him…when Jace introduced me to him. When Jace mentioned my name.

What the hell could that mean?

I wish he stops hiding his real emotions in front of me with just a swish of this wand.

But then, he smiled like he used to. He changed emotions as fast as he does his tricks in magic. “Okaaay,” he said in a tone he knew would annoy me so much. Ugh. I just rolled my eyes at him again and tinkered with a stack of cards, humming  a tune.

“Oh, by the way Lemon, what does your class have in mind for the upcoming -fair in school?” he asked, putting down magic trinkets on the table.

“I’m not quite sure, but I think I heard about asking for permission to use the intercom. I think they’re going to make a Confession Booth or something…” I murmured.

“Really? That’s nice,”

“What? It’s lame! What do they expect—they get a long line of guys, or girls even,  on our booth to confess their love for someone? I mean that’s just for dweebs. Real men confess personally, in front of a girl he likes, with chocolates and bears and all that, not that damned intercom confession thing,” I explained. It’s true, “I don’t even know where they got that idea.”

He chuckled and showed me a flower, “Well, other people confess anonymously because they’re scared of how the person he or she loves might react.”

I scoffed. “But if you really love someone, you should take a risk. If I were them, I’d do it.”

“Even when pain comes along?” he asked me.

“Of course,” I answered. I’m not really a courageous woman but you see, when it comes to love, I think tables take a turn and make me strong like the man that screamed, ‘This is Sparta!

“I’m willing to take a risk, even if pain comes along and ruins me,” I looked down as I remembered Ashton. Yeah, we’re done and I moved on but I couldn’t help but be sad sometimes, whenever I think of it, “When you love someone, pain and being broken comes in the package.”

“That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt,” he said, smiling sadly. Did he just quote a line from The Fault in Our Stars?

“Huh, I didn’t know you were a fan of The Fault in Our Stars,” I .

He smiled shyly. “Well, I kinda ran into a bookstore to buy magic supplies and found the book cover cute so I bought it,”

“So, how about your class? What are you planning to do?” I asked him while I watched him arrange his magic thingys on his shelf.

“Because I’m there, they’ve decided on a mini magic show,” he replied.

“Of course there’s magic involved,” I added, laughing slightly.

I think I need magic to make these feelings for you stop.

*~*~*

“Where would you put this, Hani?” I asked my classmate as I held up the big banner for our booth. It says ‘Confession Booth’. Yeah, the name itself kinda sounds lame. Pfft. I’m just doing this for my grade—it’s a requirement. I’m itching to graduate college already so I’ll have a job and make a lot of money.

“Just pin it up the door, ask for help from Julia,” she said while she sends out flyers to other students.

I sighed. “Julia! A little help here?”

She sidled next to me immediately and then took the other side of the banner, went up the three-step ladder and attached it. Then she carried the ladder infront of me. I stood on it as I glued the banner on. When we finished, we took a good look at it.

I still got half a hour of free time so I decided to walk around, taking a look at all their booths. Zinni’s class was booth which tests your strength or something, the one with hammers and big thermometer-like thing sticking upwards. Arisa’s class has Kissing booth—not the actual kiss, they got these lip-shaped stamps and red and pink stamp pads.

Looking around, I reminisced the time when I was at Infinite Coliseum, it was where I first saw Danger doing magic tricks. He actually looks attractive with that cute-creepy square-shaped smile of his, and his beautiful brown eyes, and his well-built body and—oh yeah, speaking of that guy, where was their booth anyway?

I walked a few more steps away and saw the big banner which says ‘Magic Show’. I went over it and took a peek inside.

It was him, wearing his full magician outfit, and his ‘magician shoes’, as he called it. It was one of his pair of shoes which makes that high heels sound, like when you hear it you’ll think of a walking y lady but instead you see a tall and gorgeous magician with beautiful brown eyes.

I went to him, “Danger, hey,” I acknowledged him, “Nice magician outfit.”

He smiled at me while petting the bunny, and he places it inside its cage, “Thanks. How do I look?” he asked, showing off himself while smiling.

Absolutely perfect. “W—well, you look…okay, I guess,” I stammered.

He smirked, as if he knew what  I was thinking.

I took a glance at my wristwatch. Ugh. “I gotta go now, I stil have a work to do. Good luck with the magic show, Danger!”

“Good luck with your Confession booth, too!” he called out as I walked away.

It was finally 3PM, the official time when the booth will start. I was the one assigned to be the one who listens to a person’s confession. It’s like I’m in a Confession box in the church.

I’m inside, together with the microphone. There was a big screen or something that prohibits me to see the person who confesses. They wanted me to shuffle the confessions so it’s not obvious who’s who.

There’s this recorder so when the person speaks, it’ll be recorded and played on shuffle for the rest of the day.

I heard the door from the other side of the box open and then a squeak of basketball shoes. Hmm, must be a basketball player, I guess, but I’m sure it’s a guy. “Uhm, hello?” Oh yeah, I was right. I couldn’t recognize the voice since it’s a little muffled, but I could still understand him clearly.

“Yes, welcome to the Confession Booth. Speak,” I said, trying hard to make my voice cheerful because honestly, I feel bored. I sighed as I pressed the ‘record’ button. If not for the extra points I’ll get I’d totally leave them alone in this .

“I—I wanted to…tell Myth Licorice I like her. From the very first time I saw her…I-I don’t know why but…ugh,” he groaned, he sounded frustrated. The first one of the cowards. But…now that I think about it…they are actually not cowards. A good example of a coward is me. You see, I’ve been liking Danger since two years ago and I hate it. It’s so frustrating, “She’s making me crazy.”

“I don’t want to lose her…” I think those were the last words in his confession because I heard a few footsteps and then I heard the door from the other side close. Yeah, he’s done so I pushed the ‘stop’ button.

I heard the door open again, and I heard a cough. “Welcome to the Confession Booth. Speak,” I told the person again, then pressed the ‘record’ button.

“Yeah, hi,” a girl, “T-this is for Jace Han,” Whoa! For Jace?

After her, I already got loads of recorded confessions.  We already finished having It was 5PM already, but the fair’s until 8 so we still got time to have fun. I’m stil inside the booth, replaying some confessions. When I finally finished editing the confessions, I pushed the button so the mic for the intercom would work.

But then, I heard the door from the other side of the booth open. There’s still someone who’d confess? But we’re already closed and—

Click, clack, click, clack. That sound…

My voice echoed inside my mind as I thought about that sound. "It was him, wearing his full magician outfit, and his ‘magician shoes’, as he called it. It was one of his pair of shoes which makes that high heels sound, like when you hear it you’ll think of a walking y lady but instead you see a tall and gorgeous magician with beautiful brown eyes."

“Lemon Zest Parker, I know it’s you behind this,” I froze as soon as I heard his voice say my whole name.

He cleared his throat and said, “So, yeah, I’m a coward,” he chuckeld, “A few days ago we were just talking about this called Confesion Booth…well, I’m going to use it to tell you something I couldn’t get myself to tell you.” He paused, and I heard him take a deep breath.

“I don’t know why or how it happened, but I’m in love with you. I’m attracted to you ever since we met, how you ate your pizza, how you dunk your fries in your strawberry ice cream,” I can practically tell he’s smiling right now, like me, “I love the way you crinkle your nose when I tell you lame jokes, I love the way you sing to me at night on the phone when I couldn’t sleep, I love the way you smile at me when I teach you magic tricks, I love the way your eyes sparkle at the sight of ice cream or puppies, I wish your eyes would sparkle when you see me, too,” he sighed, “Heck, I love you.”

I smiled and asked him, “Why?”

“Do I need to tell you each and every one of the reasons? It would take us days.”

“Everything has a reason,” I insisted.

“Tsk, come out of there and face me,” Danger said. My heart started to pound a hundred times faster, I feel like I’m about to explode as I slowly twisted the doorknob. I saw him, standing infront of me still wearing that magician’s outfit. He made a rose appear infront of me in a second.

“What was that?” he asked, while looking around. I looked around too, wondering what he saw or heard but, “It looks pretty on you,” he smiled.

And then I realized he distracted me—he tucked the rose in my ear. He gave me his freakishly cute square shaped smile and inched closer, closer, until our noses touched, until our lips were only a matter of centimeters apart, then…

He let out a husky chuckle, “Do you realize everyone’s listening in right now?” he asked me, his pretty brown eyes looking right back at me.

I gave him a puzzled look, and asked him in a disappointed tone. “What?”

He gestured towards the “On-air” sign at the top of the door. I pouted at him, “No one will see it,” I whispered. Damn, I don’t know but I really want his kiss. Gaaah! What’s happening to me?

He shook his head, teasing me, a smirk playing on his lips.

I pouted at him and turned around. I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist, held me on my waist and kissed me on the lips.

“Don’t turn your back at me, please. I might not survive when you do it,”

“I won’t.” I assured him, pecking his lips.

 

 

“I love you.”

 

(150704)

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

i posted this up because i was so happy, \O/ anyway thanks for reading!! i know it's a bit lame and i feel like something was off, i don't know but while i was writing this i was like "what the heck, something's not right" but i still hope you'd enjoy this. i know i told you that i won't post this unless i receive five upvotes but i couldn't resist not updating so yeah (lmao)

the next update would be the last and i guess it's going to be soooo loooooong and i'm writing it for like a week now and--ugh it's so frustrating because i have the ending in my mind and i couldn't put it in words. /cries/

well, this is getting long (omg haha) thanks for reading again! and please please please comment! and upvote too! <3