Chapter 003

That Cliché Best Friend Story

That Cliché Best Friend Story ~ Chapter Three


I thought I was going to get a break from narrating, I mean I narrate all my stories except this one. Chen’s here, so I’m like great I can just lean back and relax while Chen does all the reading- but nO…You know what this kid did to me?

Okay I’ll tell you what this kid did to me; I walk into the studio one morning right? And Chen’s nowhere to be seen, the coffee maker isn’t even on! Outrageous! I’m walking around and trying to get hold of his kid but his phone’s off then I see this napkin…A NAPKIN… There’s a napkin taped to the mini fridge and it says…

“Guess what?! I got accepted as the lead role in a musical!! You’re going to have to take over for the next few chapters!! I was going to stay and narrate but GIRL, THAT CHECK WAS FAT. I HAD TO! I’ll take you out for dinner when I get back!! ^_^ Chen Chen xx.”

This !@#%#@.

Whatever.

Let’s get the Jackji going, shall we?

 

Jackson held all the groceries in one hand and walked besides Youngji on their way home. She walked down the streets contently with the complementary cup of bubble tea she had gotten at the super market.

“I can’t believe we spent 50 dollars on this…” Jackson said in disbelief. “I mean, how many bags of gummy bears did you buy?”

Youngji looked at him. “Dude, it was buy 10 get 5 free, I had to! I got 5 bags for free, hello? Saving money?”

He rolled his eyes. “I don’t know how your brain works, Youngji.” When they got to the street, Jackson waited for the light to change then proceeded to grab her hand; something they always did when they were younger.

Going along with it, Youngji swung their hands around as they crossed the street. “Want some?”

Jackson looked at the cup of bubble tea that was shoved in his face. “We’re in the middle of the street- Oh what the heck.” He took a sip.

“Esh…So messy.” She mumbled as she wiped his lips.

 

Their parents cooed when the two walked in holding hands.

“Aw…guys, you still do the thing where you hold hands and cross the street?”

Youngji let go and impatiently grabbed a bag of gummy bears. “Mom, if I don’t hold this idiot he’ll get hit by a car.”

“What?! I was the one who held your hand! You almost got hit by a bus!”

“What bus? There were like 3 cars on the road today!”

 

Mrs. Wang chuckled. “Goodness, you still bicker as if you guys are 5 years old.”

 

Jackson took another sip of her bubble tea just to notice the little blob of pink on his bottle lip. “Huh?” He squinted closer and looked at his reflection in the kitchen sink. Then he realized her lip gloss had transferred from the straw. “Oh my…God.”

He flew down the halls and into Youngji’s room. “I WALKED AROUND LIKE THIS FOR 15 MINUTES?!”

“Um…I guess?”

“Your lipstick!” He pointed to his lips.

Youngji sat up. “Jackson, its lip gloss.” She laughed. “And besides, it looked kinda cute on you…I couldn’t say anything. You look like you just went through your mother’s makeup bag.”

He slapped his hands on his cheeks and dropped down, Jackson squirmed around. “Why…do bad things…happen to good people?!”

She rolled her eyes. “Quit whining!”

“No wonder those girls looked at me weird! I thought it was because you were with me but it…” He looked in the mirror. “Pink isn’t even my color!” He whined. “At least wear burgundy or something!”

Youngji snorted. “Wait, you can’t tell the difference between lipstick and lip gloss but you know what the color burgundy looks like?”

Jackson flew back up. “It’s because I follow a bunch of fashion icons on Instagram, get with the system.” Then he sassy strutted out of the room.

Youngji only watched in disbelief. “Still can’t believe that guy is my best friend, weirdo.”

 

A couple days later after everything settled down in Youngji’s household, she finally enrolled into a school.

“Of course I’m in the same class as you, heck, I might as well even sit next to you.” Youngji said as they walked down the street. It was 7:30 in the morning and she had dark eye circles down to her chin. What is sleep?

“The school’s pretty big, if you get lost well, it was nice meeting you.”

She smacked his shoulder. “If I get lost, you’re going to come and get me!”

“Says who?”

“This is a cliché best friend fanfic, you have to! That’s how it works!”

“What?”

“What.”

 

---

“Attention class, today we’re getting a new student. She moved to Japan a couple years ago and now she’s back in Korea. Let’s welcome her.” Mr. Kim said as he stood in front of the class. “Come in, Youngji.”

Youngji came into the classroom and stood there for a few minutes as the guys in the class started chattering and screaming.

Jackson stood up and calmed the class down. “OKAY DUDE, CALM DOWN. SHE AIN’T THAT HOT OKAY AND YOU…” He shook his head. “YOU NEEDA HOP OFF OKAY, SHE’S MY BEST FRIEND.”

Mr. Kim raised an eyebrow. “You know her?”

Jackson nodded and continued. “HEO YOUNGJI, SHE LIKES GUMMY BEARS AND SHOE SHOPPING. ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO KNOW?” Then he shoved his book bag off the table next to him. “She can sit there.”

Mr. Kim laughed as the class clown showed off a range of emotions. “Alright, Youngji, anything you want to say?”

She shook her head. “Not really.”

“Okay, I suppose you can sit next to your best friend.” Mr. Kim smiled. “Welcome to Seoul High!”

 

Youngji waited as the homeroom teacher finished his announcements and left work on the board. When Mr. Kim left, she turned to Jackson. “Show me around later?”

“Well who else would?”

She mentally punched the guy in the face before taking her notebook out. “Whatever.” Youngji said. “We’re going to be stuck together for a while; mom got the principal to match our schedules.”

“Joy.”

“I know.”

 

When the day ended, the two walked home together. Everyone in the class seemed to like Youngji, even the popular play boy Kai was refraining himself from messing with her.

“Everyone’s pretty nice right?”

“Yeah, except Mark keeps on bothering me about you. He wants to know your deepest darkest secrets. Can I tell him about the time you got rejected by a 4th grader in 3rd grade? You cried so much-“

“NO.”

Youngji laughed. “Fine.”

“How was gym?” He asked, curious since the only period they didn’t share was gym.

“I twisted my ankle while running but I met this chick name Hara and she’s pretty cool-“

Jackson stopped her and eyed the girl up and down. “You okay? Did something crack? Or was it the sissy twist?”

“Sissy twist?”

“Oh you know when your ankle suddenly becomes a wuss and messes up on your while running…but was it a serious twist or a sissy twist?”

“Sissy twist. Anyway, Hara’s hella cool! There was this other girl who was bothering me for a hair tie but Hara warded her off.”

“Why didn’t you just give it to her?”

Youngji held a hand up. “Please, you’re not a girl so you wouldn’t get it. Do you know how long it took me to stretch this rubber band so that it would fit my wrist?!”

Jackson scratched his head. “I don’t get it…”

 

“Of course you don’t.” 

"Well then." 


[a/n]: comments are muccch appreciated! 

#jackji4ever