Chapter 002

That Cliché Best Friend Story

That Cliché Best Friend Story ~ Chapter Two


(Narrator Chen Chen is back!)

HELL YES I’M BACK.

Chen you need to calm-

I’m just a bit excited okay? Yes, yes, hand that script to me.

(Rolls eyes)

 

Let me just- (Flips through the pages) So Jackson reunites with Youngji blah blah blah he’s hot and bothered because she’s so cute blah blah blah where did you guys get up to? Did Jackson read my lines last time too?!

No Chen, he didn’t. Can you please start?

We’re up to…hey where’s that sticky note you promised to place on the script? It was supposed to mark where Jackson got up to-

You’re holding the script upside down, idiot.

eXCUSE ME. Oh there it is!

 

As a bunch of you may recall, last chapter we got up to the part where Jackson got smacked- HA! HE GOT SMACKED! SERVES HIM RIGHT FOR TAKING UP MY SCREEN TIME-

KIM JONGDAE!

I apologize. For those of you newbies, I’m the narrator who reads the script and the author’s- more like, director but whatever, the author may have comments on the side and those are usually in the middle in bold face. Cool?

Chen, was that even necessary?

What? There are people who skip chapters in a story and go straight to chapter 5 instead of reading the ones before, I know, ridiculous. I mean how can you do that? I did some snooping right, and this author had higher stats for chapter 8 instead of chapter 7…What?! You mean people skipped chapter 7 and went to 8?

What kind of bull are you spewing now-?

Sorry I will start for real this time, OCD senses man…tingling.

 

Jackson’s eyeballs nearly fell out of his sockets, that beauty was Youngji?

“OH MY GOD, YOU’RE ACTUALLY HOT.”

Then he fell over when Youngji’s fists of fiery came flying towards his face.

“YAH. IS THAT THE FIRST THING YOU SAY TO YOUR BEST FRIEND AFTER NOT SEEING HER FOR LIKE 6 YEARS YOU PUNK?!”

Jackson scrambled to his feet. “WHY ARE WE SCREAMING?”

Youngji rolled her eyes. “Anyway, yes I’m back and…” She nudged his shoulder. “That means more Jackji shenanigans!”

Jackson eyed her from head to toe, in disbelief that this was the same person who used to eat a steak in two minutes flat. “Puberty is amazing.”

She scoffed and tapped her finger on his forehead. “I see it didn’t work on you, huh?” PFT. HAHA. OH MY- SHE’S A SAVAGE!

Chen, keep your comments down, please.

Mrs. Heo walked over and chuckled. “Be nice, honey. I see the idiot duo is back again, when she starts school I’d like it if you keep her company Jackson. It’s been a while, hm?”

Jackson nodded. “I will.”

“Is your mother coming over soon? We have so much catching up to do! In fact, why don’t you kiddos catch up too?”

Hold up. Wait. (Glances at the author) Is this what I think it is?

(Nods)

LORD BEHOLD, IT IS THE GROCERY SHOPPING CLICHÉ. BET Y’ALL DIDN’T SEE THAT ONE COMING, RIGHT?

 

“Eh?” Youngji crossed her arms. “Catch up? We could just talk here, its way too hot outside- I know it’s September but the summer breeze is still out-“

Mrs. Heo had absolutely no mercy, she held up a long grocery list. “Come on, there’s nothing in the fridge and Jackson knows his way around town. It’s only a fifteen minute walk, and besides the markets are air conditioned.”

She frowned. “I hate going outside.”

Jackson chuckled and linked arms with hers as he gladly accepted the list. “Wonderful.” He grinned as he dragged her out.

 

The two walked through the busy streets, there was a warm breeze and the sun was setting.

Jackson looked at her. “Chill, it’s not even that hot.”

“Of course it’s not, coming from someone who can survive 90 degree weather without the AC on.”

Jackson chuckled. “You’re still the little wimp I remembered you to be, Youngji.”

“Did you see your face when you saw me earlier?” She laughed as they walked into the air conditioned market. “Oh that feels nice.” She whispered. “I wish I took a picture of you or something, you looked like you just saw someone cure cancer.”

Jackson grabbed a cart and pushed it around. “I gotta admit you’re really pretty.” He stopped and held a hand up. “But girlfriend you’ve been friend zoned since like 2010 okay.”

Youngji rolled her eyes and smirked. “Remember what I told you two weeks before I left? Hm?”

“No.”

 

She stepped up to him and reenacted the scene. “Jackson Wang, don’t you ever tell people I’m a pig behind my back when I’m gone, okay?”

Jackson stepped back and leaned into the candy section. This memory was oddly familiar as it all came back to home. “O-Oh?”

“Because you’ll regret it when I come back.”

“O-OH?!”

“MHM, THAT’S RIGHT. I BECAME HOT, DIDN’T I?!”

 

Jackson grabbed a pack of gummy bears- Oh my gosh, you didn’t see that one coming either did you?! Gummy bears in a best friend fanfic, haha!

Chen-

Jeez I just had something to say, anyway…

 

Jackson grabbed a pack of gummy bears and shoved it in her face, flustered. “Whatever!”

Youngji wrinkled her nose. “Admit it! You totally like me!”

He grabbed the cart and ran away.

 

Youngji stood there and laughed, holding up a package of gummy bears.

“Bet you we’re gonna fall in love, you idiot.” She looked at the package of candy. “In fanfic’s best friends always eat each other’s gummy bears and fall in love when they least expect it…am I going to like you too, Jackson?”  

Well at least you know, Youngji. Prepare for all the embarrassment in the world.

She shrugged it off. “Whatever, if it’s Jackson I’m going to be embarrassed regardless of what situation I’m in anyway.” Youngji looked up and chased the guy who was running down the chip aisle shoving everything in the cart.

 

“HEY, MORON; IT SAYS CARROT CHIPS ON THE LIST, NOT CRAB CHIPS.”



[a/n]: comments are much appreciated!