Chapter 004

That Cliché Best Friend Story

That Cliché Best Friend Story ~ Chapter Four


Alright, let’s get this chapter going eh? That Cliché Best Friend Story, chapter 4, take one.

Oh …right, I forgot. Guys, Chen is ALMOST back. He’s going to finish up rehearsals and perform the musical, attend the after party and then he will be back. Sound good?

Here, read the note he left us:

HELLO BABIES. I’M ALMOST DONE WITH MY MUSICAL OKAY; I WILL BE BACK IN LIKE 2 CHAPTERS. IT COULD’VE BEEN ONE BUT MY CO-STAR INVITED ME TO A PARTY AND THERE’S CAKE AT THE PARTY WHO REJECTS A PARTY THAT INCLUDES CAKE AM I RIGHT HAHA SEE YOU SOON

-CHEN CHEN

Pft. Look at this punk, all happy because he got a fat check. He goin’ split it with me.

Anyhow, chapter 4, here ya go!

 

It was a day Jackson was dreading, he walked down the street with his hands in his pocket as his mother followed along.

“Oh honey! Why are you so down?”

Jackson turned around, his face glum as he frowned. “Mom, you know I hate the doctors.”

Mrs. Wang chuckled. “But you only go once a year for the yearly check up!”

“But I’m getting a shot today-“

“WANG JACKSON.”

Jackson spun around to see Youngji on the other side of the road. “Youngji?!”

He watched as the girl ran across the street, holding a little pharmacy bag and a lollipop. “Where ya going?” She asked.

“Doctors.” He mumbled.

Youngji snorted. “For real? Jackson is willing to go to the doctors?”

Mrs. Wang laughed. “Remember when you guys were in 4th grade and he got sick during a field trip? And Jackson-“

“Taped himself to a art display to get out of going to the nurse’s office?” Youngji completed her sentence and then laughed. “I totally remember!” Then she turned to Jackson. “Why did you have a roll of duct tape with you anyway?”

Jackson continued walking. “Ah, I don’t know!”

Youngji rolled her eyes. “God, every time we mention the doctors you turn into sensitive little baby.”

Mrs. Wang smiled, watching the two walk side by side.

“You know I’ve always hated needles!”

Youngji pulled her sleeve up and showed him 4 band aids. “Three vaccines and one blood test, took it like a champ!”

To which Jackson nearly passed out. “Oh my-“

 

One hour later

Jackson folded his arms as he sat in the doctor’s office. “We’ve been here forever, it’s not even my turn yet! I skipped breakfast for this!”

Youngji turned to her best friend as she obnoxiously stuffed her face with a bun from the bakery next door. “Sorry not sorry.”

He rolled his eyes. “At least go in with me later.”

“Why?”

“I don’t want my mom to see me cry-“

Youngji almost choked on her bun. “You’re gonna cry?”

Jackson looked at her with serious eyes. “That nurse is going to take a needle and jab it into my vein and drain all the blood out of me and then I’m going to die from the pain-“

 

“Jackson Wang?”

 

Jackson shot up and held onto Youngji’s arm. “May the force be with me.” He whispered.

Youngji shook her head. “Are you 17 or 7?”

 

“Let’s see…Jackson Wang… Are you here for your yearly checkup? You haven’t been here in a long time.” Nurse Kim looked up; she had been looking after Jackson ever since he was little. “Did you bring your girlfriend with you too?”

“She’s not my girlfriend, she’s my best friend.” The sassy teen said.

“Aigoo, that’s what I said about my husband and we’ve been married for 18 years.”

Youngji stood by his side. “Actually, he dragged me here because he can’t handle needles.”

Nurse Kim laughed. “Still?”

 

A couple minutes later, after Jackson got his blood pressure, height and weight measured, Nurse Kim pulled out a needle and two tubes. “Okay…Jackson, give me your arm.”

Jackson sat there with his arms behind his back.

“Jackson…arm.”

Youngji reached over and pulled his arm out from behind. “Jackson, arm.”

The lad turned over to Youngji. “Punch me in the face.”

“What?!”

“If I knock out, I won’t feel the needle!”

Youngji threw her head back laughing in disbelief. “Jackson! This is a blood test! Not heart surgery!”

Jackson patted his cheek. “It’s okay, just do it. Don’t smack too hard because I can’t get any scarring- OH MY JESUS.”

He grabbed Youngji’s arm and buried his face into it as Nurse Kim administered the blood test. Even at this point, the middle aged lady was done with his .

 

Mrs. Wang walked behind the kids on the way home.

“Youngji! Jackson! Go home first; I’m going to drop by the market.”

Youngji turned around. “I got it!”

 

Then she turned back to the overly dramatic Jackson.

“I’ve been shot.” He whispered.

Youngji sighed, this guy was hopeless. “Jackson, it’s a blood test. Even babies get shots and they don’t cry as much as you!”

Jackson looked up, his eyes a bit teary. “I didn’t cry what are you talking about- There’s just something in my eyes-“

“Yeah, tears.”

The lad continued to walk in circles as if his life was over. “Youngji I can’t feel my arm.” He whined. Then he stopped in front of an ice cream parlor. “Buy me ice cream this will fix everything I swear-“

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Heo Youngji.”

“No.”

“You look sooo pretty today.”

“No.”

“Nice thighs.”

“No.”

“Nice ?”

“No.”

“G-Grant a man’s dying wish.”

 

*15 minutes later*

Youngji couldn’t believe what she was doing; she walked down the street and stopped every five steps to feed Jackson a spoon of ice cream because his arm ‘wasn’t in the best condition’.  

“This is insane.” Youngji whispered. “Since when did shots turn you into a wuss?”

“Youngji, if someone were to point a gun at you and pull the trigger, wouldn’t the pain from that wound hurt you like this too?”

“Oh my- You’re comparing a blood test to a gun shot?” Youngji stood there in disbelief. “Jeez, you’re a little out of it.”

Jackson snapped his fingers. “Please, it hurt real bad okay? Nurse Kim didn’t even tell me when she was gonna stab me; she just did it out of the blow. There was a needle in my vein, do you know how fragile veins are?!”

“You can’t hold ice cream but you can sassy snap me?”

Jackson held his arms up and pretended it was a gun. “This is the needle she held.” Then he ran around the street a few times and stopped at a tree. “This…is me.” He looked at the tree, quite impressed. “Yes, it’s me; it’s the tallest one here.”

Youngji watched, unimpressed as she ate the rest of the ice cream.

Then he ran back. “Ice cream me.”

She shoved a spoonful in his mouth and continued watching. “The neighbors are gonna think we’re the idiot duo.” She said quietly.

 

Jackson jabbed the tree with his ‘gun’. “Phew phew! This is what Nurse Kim did to me…and the tree…although you can’t see it; on the inside it’s screaming bloody murder.” He flapped his arms and ran around it the tree a few times like a headless chicken.

“Great analogy, no?”

Youngji shook her head. “Nope.” Then she picked up the last spoonful of ice cream and just as she was putting it in , Jackson came charging at her, at full speed may I add.

 

But the heavens were not on his side today as the idiot tripped, he stumbled forward a lit before landing on Youngji.

 

She was just surprised as he was when she opened her eyes because there they where, in the middle of the street, on top of each other, lips locked.

 

Jackson pulled away and stared at his best friend. “Yo, what brand of lip balm do you use? You got some soft lips-“

“GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.”


[a/n]: bet y'all didn't even see that one coming lol 

comments are much appreciated!