Chapter 001

That Cliché Best Friend Story

That Cliché Best Friend StoryChapter One 


(Narrator Chen Chen)

Dude what the hell, you said you’d let me narrate! And seriously! What is up with that Comic Sans MC font up there? Mobile users, you lucked out but oh my, for those of you on the computer you must be suffering looking that!! 

Chen I know I told you that you would narrate for this story BUT the first chapter has to be done by Jackson, okay?

But I was so ready! Look I got the button down shirt and the bow tie and everything!

Chen it just worked out better this way let Jackson do it-

NO.

Chen.

NO. DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO YOU’RE NOT MY MOM.

I can drop you from the story though- I mean Lay would be a lovely narrator, the guy's always stoned. Fantastic!

Chen, drop the script.

Ivy….IVY. DON’T DO THIS TO ME.

Gosh this is so embarrassing, now the readers are going to think I don’t have my together! Chen come on, we gotta get the show on the road.

Why Jackson? He doesn’t even know he’s narrator, he’s just going to think that he’s talking to himself!

KIM JONGDAE!

Oh no she said my full name that means I’m about to die.

Chen, let Jackson narrate just this one time.

Just this once?

Well, that’s questionable but let him do it!

Fine, but I want bubble tea after this.

What the-

Can I at least tell the readers a thing or two?

Fine.

Well ladies and gentlemen, since the great and holy Kim Jongdae won’t be narrating I suppose I can still bless you with a few things. First off, the bold faced comments in the middle are from the author. Her name’s Ivy, cute eh?

(Sighs) This is going to be a long day.

ExcUSE ME.

Anyway…

So yeah her name is Ivy and if the narrator gets off topic or something she’ll be here to get them back on track. Um, my name is Chen and I’m the most handsome guy in the world. What else? Oh right, I’m also the narrator.

I’m sure they know that by now.

But I guess today ain’t going to be my day because Jackson will be taking over. You know what its fine, I’m not even hurt. See you in the next chapter…PEACE!

 

Just to you know Chen is VERY hurt that he wasn’t able to sass through the grand opening chapter.

 

(Narrator Jackson)

It never really occurred to me that Youngji was attractive. Frankly, I thought she was quite ugly growing up.

I’m Jackson Wang, 17 years old and I’ve never had a girlfriend. I know- Hard to believe but it’s true, sadly I’ve been single my entire life. Actually, my mom once told me that I kissed another baby when I was young but I don’t know if that was a real …relationship, you get me? Was she even committed? Who knows…?

I met Youngji in elementary school, she actually lived next to me my entire life but I disregarded her the whole time. I’m a man! I don’t need Barbie dolls! I was quite content with my racing toy cars and what not until one day…I forgot to bring my math workbook from school. It was horrendous, I had already missed 7 assignments and I was sure my homeroom teacher was going to slaughter me.

My mom was a little annoyed but it gave her a chance to shove me next door.

“Go ask Youngji for her workbook, I’m sure we can make a copy.” She said.

It was my third year in elementary school and trust me, being a 3rd grader was no joke. The teachers suddenly got so mean, Ms. Kim told me I would fail the grade if I missed another homework.  

 

So I manned up, not that I needed to but I did and I went next door.

Mrs. Heo gladly invited me in and asked me what was wrong. After meeting Youngji, the two of us sat down and had some fruit while Mrs. Heo made a copy of the homework for me.

Goodness, the way this girl ate horrified me. She could fit an entire mandarin in !!

Being the civilized 3rd grader I was, I recall calmly eating piece by piece like a normal person.

 

I have to admit, we got quite close. There wasn’t any other duo like us! We always backed each other up during class and even studied for tests.

Youngji screamed at the kids who made fun of me when I failed a test and I beat up the boys who made her cry. We were two peas in a pod; walking each other to school and back.

I was kinda happy we were best friends, but that ended when she moved across the freaking world when she was 11.

Just kidding I exaggerated, she moved to Japan because her dad got promoted at his work place. I really thought it was the last time I’d see her until one day, during my second week of my 3rd year in high school, my mother told me that someone we knew moved back in next door.

 

She even handed me a bag of mandarins. “Jackson, give this to our next door neighbors. Greet them for me first okay? I’ll be on my way after I do the laundry.”

 

I did.

I walked my over there and rang the door bell and guess who opened up?

Nah it wasn’t Youngji, it was Mrs. Heo!

 

She let me in and I walked around, the atmosphere was so weird; as if something didn’t feel right.

Then- Guys are you ready?!

This chick walks out of the bathroom right? This bright red hair down to her back, bangs, big eyes and nice thighs- She just comes walking down the hall in all her glory. Then she stops and looks at me.

“Jackson?” She says.

I’m like, what?

But she’s like, “Jackson?!”

 

Then it hits me, this chick is Youngji!

LORD BEHOLD, IT’S YOUNGJI BUT SHE’S…CUTE?

 

“Youngji?”

She nods. “Yep.”

“OH MY GOD YOU’RE ACTUALLY HOT.”

 

I got smacked. lol fml  



[a/n]: comments are much appreciated!!