The note

Breakthrough of heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 5 – The note

 

* * * *

 

Minho sat down on the bed as he could hear Jinri was moving about inside the dressing room as he took a soft sigh. He thought Jinri would appreciate the privacy and he didn't want to bother her anything.

"I'm sorry, no memories came back." Called out Jinri. Earlier when Minho's friends were visiting, they had talked for quite a while but no actual memories had come back to him, no information about whom they really were and how they had all met each other could knock his brain to remember.

"It's all right. It's not even your fault." Responded Minho, shrugging. "And actually it was nice talking to them, besides though I didn't remember anything, in particular I did feel a connection to them as if I knew them… as if the heart remembered something that the mind has forgotten."

"That's progress, I suppose." Said Jinri as she emerged from the dressing room, wearing a pink cotton nightgown. Now, there was nothing about the gown that was indecent or even suggestive. It was modest in both cut and fabric, it went all the way down to her ankles and it didn't show even the smallest hint of cleavage or he'd seen through inside but Minho found himself totally enchanted.

However, Jinri didn't take Minho's staring for what it was appreciation, instead she thought she had made him uncomfortable due to her presence. Jinri tugged a little at the sleeves of her gown and sighed, forcing herself to show a small, afraid smile, she uttered, "Well, I'll be leaving now."

"No, you're not leaving this room dressing like that." Snapped Minho before he could stop himself. "And where do you think you are going?"

"Oh…I thought that perhaps you would want your room back for privacy. I mean, you always preferred not to share a room with me before and since you're feeling better now I thought you would want your privacy back." Said Jinri.

"That's what you thought. I never said that." Said Minho, sounding like a petulant child even to his own ears but he least cared for such detail anyway. He patted his hand on the mattress. "Now, get in bed before you catch a chill."

Jinri consciously smiled at Minho's absurdity. Summer was almost upon them, the weather was warming up and the room was very cozy enough with warmth without being stuffy. And, besides, she was wearing far more fabric than him, who had just stripped off his shirt. Jinri suddenly blushed a little at the realization of Minho's half ness and she practically ran to the bed, quickly slid under the covers trying to hid her blushing face.

Minho did notice anyway and with a smile still lingering on his lips, Minho went for the bathroom to have a quick shower and then he changed into a comfortable night clothes before finally sliding into bed next to his wife.

"Ssul…." Uttered Minho softly.

"Yes?" Answered Jinri.

Minho opened his mouth, there was something he wanted to say but he couldn't seem to find the right words for it. Instead he came up with, "Are you comfortable?"

"Yes." Jinri sounded a little sleepy and a bit tense too.

"This is….honestly awkward." Said Minho.

"I know. We don't usually sleep together." Responded Jinri.

"Why?" Asked Minho, jerking his head a bit.

"We rarely stay at the same place. Last time we were, was like two or three years ago." Said Jinri in a sleepy tone. "I could still move to another room."

"No!" Said Minho quickly, turning to his side and with achy ribs and all, he quickly wrapped Jinri in his arms, holding her close and secure and so she couldn't wiggle away.

Jinri sighed in contentment of Minho's sudden warm hug and slowly she fell deeper into sleep. Minho snuggled up to her a bit more until their bodies fitting spoon-fashion. Holding her made him feel safe.

Minho burrowed closer and kissed Jinri's temple, taking in on the scent of her skin, he liked how she smelled, clean, there was no cloying of perfumes or artificial scents. Her sweet smell was just soap, his own soap. Jinri had told him on a few occasions that she hadn't brought many things from Busan. Minho liked that scent on her, it was as if he could smell himself on her skin… and at that thought, the crazy possessive feeling began to claw at him again.

 

- - - -

 

Minho's life had settled into a little routine, most of his time was spent with Jinri by choice but he also did get some time for himself. They always ate together and then took incrementally spend more times together doing some activities like walking around the small garden of the house. Minho's strength came back to him in full measure. But after walking, Jinri would usually leave him alone for a while, she would go upstairs to take a nap. Minho noticed that Jinri got tired much more easily than the average person. Although he'd love more to have Jinri around all the time but he couldn't be more selfish. He knew she indeed needed rest and Minho decided he would just stay alone at his library and actively try to remember his past.

Bed time had also stopped being awkward and it was now became natural as that they would share the same bed and curled up in bed together in the most natural way, holding Jinri close to him because it was the only way he could sleep the night through without nightmares.

 

 

One afternoon Minho had managed to finally convince Jinri that he was ready to take a stroll outside and she had agreed to go with him. Minho was waiting for Jinri to change clothes and get ready. To kill time he had started to go through many drawers of his desk in the study room.

Minho had found many things there, most of them w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter