Broken pieces

Breakthrough of heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11 – Broken pieces

 

* * * *

 

Amount suspicion, confusion were tangled and mixed in Jinri's head. She had been counting, it had been almost seven weeks since Dr. Park had told them it was alright to try to have a baby and this morning it marked the third week since Jinri should have her monthly period. She hadn't noticed it at first because of the whole project of getting pregnant was too entertaining, enjoyable and pleasurable, which was to say that Minho kept her both very busy and very distracted most of the time.

But this morning as Jinri took her bath she began to wonder and then to count. She realized how much time had passed and that what it meant. She couldn't be sure just yet but Jinri's heart was soaring at her own suspicion, their baby might be already growing in her belly, it was a possibility!

Minho didn't know about it, Jinri was almost sure. He probably hadn't noticed that she hadn't refused his assiduous attentions in so long whenever he asked for it. They had really applied themselves to the task at hand, everything that enhanced their possibilities. Sometimes in the morning or in daylight and wherever else they could do it like in the library but most often when Minho offered to help Jinri with the bath and ended up in the tub with her and some other naughty places they had found.

Jinri was so glad, she had thought it would be harder, still she wanted to wait a couple of days more before going to Dr. Park for confirmation.

But right now Jinri was going to just finish getting ready. It was time for Sangchu's daily walk, if they didn't take him out around this hour, he would grow restless and would whine pitifully around Minho, asking him to take him out. Sometimes he chew on Minho's shoes and not that he minded much, Minho was actually quite okay for Sangchu's constant bother.

Minho had been very indulgent towards little fluffy Sangchu since one time when a rude, rude man had intentionally bumped into Jinri at the park and Sangchu had gone into a barking frenzy, he gone mad and jumped to bit the man in the ankle and wouldn't let go until he teared the man's pants.

Sangchu was growing to be a very spoiled puppy, that was for sure.

"Darling?" Called Minho for Jinri a little loud as he came into their bedroom.

Jinri a little startled. She saw Minho took a sigh of relief. "Oh sorry I quite zoned out."

"Yeah. I was just a little worried because you took so long and I called you a few times but you did not reply me." Said Minho. He went to Jinri, hugging her waist to face him as he smiled. "Your annoying spoiled boy is getting restless downstairs."

"Sangchu is not annoying. Well, he is a little spoiled now but don't say it out loud. This might hurt his feelings." Said Jinri as she smiled. She played with Minho's shirt button as she looked at him. "And let me remind you something, you were the one who wanted a dog to begin with and also the one who spoiled him the most. Now I'm ready, we may be on our way."

"That's another thing." Said Minho as his face fell a little bit. Sighing, he added, "I just received a call from my house. Dad wants me to go see him right now."

"Oh, do you want me to go with you? Your dad likes me so… maybe…"

Minho shook his head. "No darling, I have to do this alone, my dad doesn't sound as a very nice man for what you have always told me and I don't want to expose you to him. You better take Sangchu for his walk and take Mr. Kim with you. I don't want you walking alone."

"Then you want to drive? It's okay, you can bring Mr. Kim with you. I'll just ask Mrs. Jang to accompany me." Said Jinri.

Minho shook his head again. "That's the problem. Since the last time one crazy man intentionally harassed you, you better have a man with you. Well, I trust Sangchu but he is still a puppy and a dog really can't do thing as human reflect, like could he call me right away if something happens?" Chuckled Minho as he tried to wipe away of worry on Jinri's face but it seemed he failed. She did smile but her eyes told otherwise.

"Are you sure you want to go alone?"

"Yes."

"Alright." Said Jinri uncertainly.

"I'll be fine, sweetheart." Said Minho, stopping to kiss Jinri deeply.

"I love you." Whispered Jinri.

"I love you too, precious." Responded Minho, joining their foreheads. He was reluctant to let Jinri go and leave her. "Everything is going to be fine, don't worry about it."

Jinri nodded. "Will you be gone long?"

"I don't think so. I hope to be back by the time you return too." Answered Minho with a smile.

"Alright." Said Jinri, offered Minho the same smile. She couldn't resisted but to kiss him again.

Minho helped Jinri with her coat and they stepped out of the house. Something seemed wrong that made Jinri restless. She could feel there was something not quite alright, as if something bad was going to happen.

 

- - - -

 

Minho felt a little uneasy as he made his way to his father's house. So far he hadn't really had any memories of him or of his mother, though he had seen them a few times occasionally after he lost his memory but as the car drove on the way, some memories began to at his brain, snatches of memories that came and went faster, barely let him see what they were about.

"You're not going to avoid me Minho! I'm asking you why the hell you are here?!"

A woman's voice screamed as a blurry image flashed in his memory as he heard himself snapped back to the woman.

"Shut up Jiwon and get in the car!!" He harshly dragged her into the car and slammed the door shut. Rain started to pour heavily as soon as Minho slid into his seat and pulled out into the street without a word, he didn't even mind to give a glance to the irate girl beside him.

"I know it!! I dammit get it now why you don't get divorce with that woman after a year she had left you!"

"I said shut the up, Kim Jiwon!"

"Do you love her? As by what I've been observing you, you are falling in love with your wife, idiot! And you are now still ing in denial." She continued to scream and crying as it was raining heavily on the way. "Then how about me?"

"You?" Uttered Minho as he chuckled sarcastically. Obviously he was holding on his anger too. "You're nothing Jiwon and you know that."

"What?"

Minho shook his head. "You're not the only girl around my grasp, you know that better than anyone else Jiwon. Though you are my longest affair but thing never chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter