This much, at least

Breakthrough of heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10 – This much, at least

 

* * * *

 

Minho was waiting in Dr. Park's office for Jinri and Dr. Park to come back from the examination room. After he had been declared healthy as possible, they had confessed their intentions for a baby and now they were waiting for the verdict.

A few moments later Dr. Park returned first.

"Jinri will join us shortly, she's putting herself at rights." Said Dr. Park as he moved behind his desk. "But I want to talk with you first."

Minho naturally got worried. "Is there something wrong? Is Ssul sick?"

"No, but we'll get to that later." Answered Dr. Park. He looked seriously at Minho and continued, "Well….I don't want to repeat myself. What I want is to ask you if you really want this. A child is a tremendous responsibility and it will not go away but it pressed on your shoulders whether your memory would be back or not. Are you sure that you want to have a child?"

Minho came to understand the old doctor's intention. According to Jinri, he was like the second father to her. And no doubt that he was worrying about what future would bring for Jinri due to his condition now of losing memory. Taking a deep breath, Minho answered honestly, "At first, when Ssul first mentioned it, I agreed to it immediately because whatever it takes just to make her happy, I will gladly do.…..But now the more I think about it, the more I also want it for myself. I have little more than vague references to my past, but I can still make something of my future with Ssul. I can make a family with her, and the more I think about building a future with her and our children the more I like the idea of it."

Minho's answer seemed to satisfy the doctor, he gave him a slight smile as at the same time Jinri came into the room and Minho helped her with the chair. She looked very well in her pink floral one piece dress, with a cherry ribbon sash around her waist. Jinri looked innocent and pretty in her own quiet way if it was true she might be never been a raving beauty but Minho liked her none the less.

"Alright, you do understand that there is no way to know how pregnancy will affect your body until you actually get pregnant and near the fourth or fifth month. This being said so." Dr. Park started to give the couple the review. "As currently I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able or that it would be bad for you to get pregnant. Is true that your health has not always been the best, but right now you're in very good health, your lungs and heart sound healthy enough."

Jinri totally beamed at the news, her skin glowing with happiness. Minho gave her hand a light squeeze and even leaned in to kiss her cheek, knowing Dr. Park wouldn't mind for sure. He was surprisingly unsqueamish for a man of his age.

"Thank you doctor." Said Jinri, blushing just a little.

Dr. Park nod as he smiled. "Well, there are certain recommendations I have to make. First, don't over-worry yourself with getting pregnant, it will only bring you grief if it takes longer than you would hope. Try to stay as healthy as possible, it wholesome food and exercise, I don't mean for you to become an athlete but try to walk. I have found it is most beneficial for one's heart to walk as much as possible."

"I'll make sure she does all that." Said Minho, nodding his head emphatically.

"Also, there is this midwife I have the greatest respect for Mrs. Lee Hyemi. She knows more than anyone I know about babies and pregnancy. She's one of the opinion with the certain herbal teas and such thing that can enhance your possibilities to get with child. I'll give you her information so you can contact her."

"And is that safe?" Asked Minho worriedly.

Dr. Park chuckled. "Oh, yes, there is nothing crafty about it. I know most of my colleagues would disagree with me but compare to modern medicine, women like Mrs. Lee Hyemi were the closest thing to a physician that people hardly find as professional as her and I believed whatever she recommend to you will do more good than harm."

"Okay,we'll talk to her. Thank you so much." Said Jinri, Dr. Park's good opinion was all the reassurance she needed. And if Jinri was reassured then so was Minho.

Soon after, they took their leave from Dr. Park's clinic.

"Are you happy?" Asked Minho to Jinri as he interlaced their hands and walking out of the clinic.

"Oh, yes." Said Jinri and she tip toed a little to kiss Minho. She was so happy to finally have the type of the marriage she had always dreamed off and she wasn't going to give it up for anything in the world. "We should take Sangchu walking with us this afternoon."

Minho groaned at the mention of the puppy Jinri had insisted they adopt. They had been looking for a dog, but she had insisted she wanted a big, furry dog, not a lady-like, little dog. So it had been hard to find one. And then, as if heaven sent, they had found a puppy in their tiny backyard.

It was still a pup and Jinri had loved it from the minute she had seen it and now she even let the puppy slept in their room….well, in the dressing room though, because Minho felt the most uneasy about making love to Jinri with the unrequited audience of a white, fluffy puppy who tended to start to bark his head off when he heard other strange noises. Jinri was really spoiling that dog as she was sure going to spoil their children.

They decided to stop by the bakery and the confect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter