Hansol

Seventeen Scenarios

    An alarm briskly rang, filling the empty room with a loud, annoying beeping. You got up, wincing at the sunlight that was peeking into your room. You sat there for a while, blanking out. Another ringtone played soon after, indicating that you got a new text message.

    Hansol

    ~~~~~! You’re coming today right?? You better! It’s my birthday party!

     A small smile lit up your face. Hansol was your best friend ever since middle school. He was gorgeous, smart, and funny, which made it impossible for girls to not like him, including you. You’ve liked him ever since you first became friends, but never had the courage to ever tell him because you knew that he was way out of your league. He was everything you weren’t; he loved going to parties and wasting his weekends getting drunk while you were more conservative and would rather stay at home and read a book. However, that never changed anything. You strongly believed that opposites could attract. But nevertheless, you were certainly not excited for this party. Hansol was known for throwing huge parties, which was the one thing that you hated the most. You sighed. You had no choice but to go; you already promised him that you would. Rising up from the bed, you headed to the bathroom while thinking of what to wear tonight.

                *    *    *

    You pulled up into the driveway of the huge house and winced, you could hear the booming music from outside.

    “Why did I agree to come here again?” You muttered to yourself as you rang the doorbell. Your regret soon dissolved once you saw the huge smile on Hansol’s face.

    “~~~~~! You finally came! What took you so long? I was waiting for foreeveer!” Hansol greeted you, wrapping his arm around your waist and giving you a chaste kiss on your cheek. You thanked the heavens that it was dark as you felt the blush creep up to your cheeks.

The house was crowded and there were people dancing unnecessarily close to each other and others who were already passed out.

“Remind me why I came again?” You rolled your eyes.

“Because you are my best friend and you love me,” Hansol replied, winking at you. You rolled your eyes once again.

“There are drinks over there. Do you want any?” he pointed to the kitchen.

You shook your head, “Those are probably spiked anyway,” .

    “True,” Hansol chuckled, “Hey, be right back. I have to greet the other guests and play a good host,” You laughed and punched his arm.

    Once Hansol left, you stood around awkwardly by yourself. You were looking around to see where Hansol went when you felt a soft tap on your shoulder. You turned around to see Seokmin, one of Hansol’s friends.

    “Hey ~~~~~. What are you doing all alone?” He asked, a soft smile playing on his lips.

    “I was just waiting for Hansol to come back. What about you? Where are the rest of your friends?” You asked. He smiled.

    “I saw you all alone so I decided to be a nice guy and come talk to you. Say, do you want to dance?” He held out his hand.

    “Oh, no, I can’t dance fo-” Seokmin grabbed your hand anyway, “Come on ~~~~~, it can’t be that bad!” He dragged you onto the the middle of the dance floor.

    It took a while for you to shrug off the awkwardness of dancing, but once you did, you were thoroughly enjoying yourself. Seokmin would crack a few jokes now and then, which made you laugh and get more comfortable.

    “Hey, ~~~~~, have I ever told you how beautiful you look tonight?” Seokmin smiled gently, tucking your hair behind your ear. You averted your gaze to the ground, hoping that he wouldn’t catch the evident blush crawling onto your cheeks.

    “T-thank yo-” You stopped mid sentence when you felt a large, warm hand caress your cheek. You looked up and caught Seokmin’s intense gaze. For some odd reason, you couldn’t look away, even when that was the only thing your brain was telling you to do at that moment. Your eyes widened as Seokmin ducked his face down, inching closer and closer to yours. Right when he was a breath away, he was slammed onto the floor, causing you to gasp. You turned to see a very livid Hansol.

    “YOU BETRAYER! YOU KNEW BUT YET YOU STILL GO BEHIND MY BACK AND TRY TO KISS HER?!” Hansol raised his fist but you ran in between the two and wrapped your hands around his.

    “Hansol! What are you doing?! Stop!” You grabbed his arm in an attempt to pull him up off the ground.

    “That bastard! He was about to kiss you!” Hansol glared at Seokmin. Seokmin didn’t back down and shot a glare right back at him.

    “~~~~~ let’s go. There’s no point in wasting time on some fool like him,” He got up and grasped your hand, pulling you out of the room.

He dragged you into his room, grabbing a couple of beers along the way. You stood by the doorway while he sat on his bed, grabbing a can and popping it open. An uncomfortable silence wrapped around the two of you, and soon enough, Hansol was on his third can.

“Hansol, you shouldn’t drink so much, you’ll get drunk,” You walked over to him and snatched the drink out of his hand.

“~~~~~,” Hansol mumbled, covering his face with his hands. You sighed.

“Looks like you already are,” You muttered. Hansol ran his hand through his hair. Your heart skipped a beat.

“You don’t understand. I was so mad, so so mad. How can he do that? I thought we were friends,” He grumbled into his hands. You gulped. Could he possibly….?

“Why were you so mad?” Your voice was almost a whisper. Hansol suddenly sat up and turned to you, trapping your face in between his hands.

“Because only I’m allowed to do this,” and with that, Hansol leaned forward and caught your lips with his. His lips tasted strongly of alcohol, but you were too shocked to notice. Right when you started kissing him back, he quickly pulled away, burying his face into his hands again.

“~~~~~, you don’t understand. I like you so much, ever since we first met in middle school. But you are so perfect, you don’t deserve someone like me. I’m always out partying and making a fool of myself. Maybe Seokmin is better for you,” a tear slipped down his face.

“Wait, Hansol, are you crying?” You pulled his hands away from his face and you were right; his big, beautiful eyes were glossy with tears.

“I should’ve never pushed him away from you, you deserve someone like him rather than someone like me. Why am I so selfish all the time?” He pouted.

“You know, I never would have thought that I would tell you this, but you’re drunk anyway so why not give it a shot. Hansol, the one I like is you. Not Seokmin. Ever since we first met in middle school. I love how you always have spare bandages for me because you knew how clumsy I am and how you know automatically when I’m feeling sad. Yo-” Hansol shut you up with another kiss. He wrapped one hand on the back of your head while the other held your cheek. He pulled away and gazed into your eyes.

         “I love you,” and with that, he leaned in for another kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N  eeeeeew sorry for the y ending but yeeeh.