separation anxiety

open the gates of hell

one more chapter after this

this is short

i might double post

 



 

    Hakyeon woke to Hongbin kissing the back of his neck over and over. His eyes fluttered open and it took a moment, but he noticed that they were back in their bedroom.

   "When did we get home?" Hakyeon asked.

     "I carried you home after you fainted." Hongbin replied.

    "But you're injured, you can't-" Hongbin shut him up by covering his mouth with a hand.

    "You healed me but almost killed yourself. I don't think I could live with myself if that happened. You've been out for nearly a week."

    "Explains why I'm so hungry." Hakyeon sighed and stretched his stiff muscles.

    Hongbin got to his feet and ran to the kitchen. "Hyung is hungry!" Hongbin said excitedly.

    Hakyeon smirked and slowly got to his feet. he smelled awful. he grabbed some clothes (including Hongbin’s large, comfy tank top that he liked wearing to bed) and a towel and went to take a shower.

    Hongbin came in with a tray of food, nearly dropping it when he saw the room was empty.

    “Hyung?” he sounded broken, “Hyung, where are you?” he asked before falling to his knees. It didn’t register that he had spilled scalding tea all over himself. He wailed loudly as he curled up on the floor, crying out for his boyfriend.

    “Hongbin, calm down.” Jaehwan sat the prince up into a sitting position, “What’s wrong?”

    “He’s gone again” Hongbin howled.

    “Hongbin… calm down” Taekwoon grabbed Hongbin’s cheeks and pinched them harshly.

    “Oooowwwww” he whined.

    “Nobody has left the house, we’ve been making sure of it.” He assured the prince.

    “Then where is he?” Hongbin asked.

    Before anyone could answer Hakyeon wandered in, toweling his hair dry. As soon as he moved the towel away from his face, he froze.

    “What’s going on?” He saw the tears that ran down Hongbin’s face and practically flew to his boyfriend, pushing the other two men out of the way. “Why are you crying, love?”

    “You were gone and I brought breakfast and I thought you left again and I burnt my arm~~~” He babbled against his boyfriend’s chest.

    “Aww poor thing. I’m not going anywhere.” he murmured.

    “Hakyeon. a word please.” Taekwoon said.

    “I’ll be just outside the door. I promise.” Hongbin looked bereft, but nodded anyway.

    

 

    “You guys have to stop this. just… become his consort or not. This fear he has of you leaving again is just tearing him apart.” Taekwoon said softly.

    “What’s to stop me from leaving after I’ve become his consort?”

    “From what I have seen and through what I’ve read and experienced recently, his happiness and your happiness are dependent on each other.”

    Hakyeon looked confused.

    “If he makes you happy, then he will feel how happy you are and it will make him happy. If you leave and it makes him sad, you will feel how sad he is. No matter how far you go you will feel it. You will feel how much he loves you at any given moment. You will give each other strength. Really kinda sweet actually.” Taekwoon mumbled. “Nothing I would have ever expected from demons when I was a human.”

    “What do you mean when you were human?” Hakyeon asked, suddenly alarmed.

    “Just before you left, Hongbin said we were his guards.” Hakyeon nodded as his best friend explained, “Well, Jaehwan thought we’d be stronger if we became demons.” He smiled wistfully. “Sikkie took the change a little harder than I did”

    “Do you regret it?”

    “It means I’ll be with Wonsik for the rest of eternity… and I suppose you guys as well, seeing as I’m the prince’s guard now.” He rolled his eyes, “You need more guarding than he does, but we feel it too… When Kong’s unhappy. I think you really need to hurry up and decide.”

    “I told him yes… before I fainted.” He blushed.

    “Go in there and make him happy, what are you standing here talking to me for?” Taekwoon opened the door and pushed Hakyeon in. “Come on Jaehwan, give them their privacy.” Taekwoon said.”