Chapter 9

Falling For You

Kayla devoured her salad, she didn’t know why she was so hungry, maybe it was because she finally felt like she had some direction. Since deciding yesterday to leave things as they were until Terrance decided what he wanted to do, she felt like a weight had been lifted in some way. There was a small pat of her that wondered if it was the right thing to do, but a bigger part didn’t even care. Kayla wanted to take this time to just focus on herself and see if he would take the next step.

“So, how are you?” Lillian asked as she took a bite of her Pop Tart.

Kayla shrugged, “Pretty good, just taking it easy. Gotta get prepared for classes, they start up again on Monday.”

“Oh well that’s something to look forward to,” Lillian nodded.

Kayla looked up at her and Liz who was being uncommonly quiet.

Kayla chuckled a bit, “You guys have anything in particular you want to talk about?”

They both shook their heads and Liz turned to Lillian.

“”How’s Ramone and Lucas doing?”

“They’re both good, Lucas has another parent teacher conference tomorrow, so that’ll be interesting. His teachers always tell me how charming he is and what a joy he is to have in class. When I ask him about school, he always acts like it’s no big deal,” Lillian smiled softly, obvious pride in her eyes.

Liz grinned, “He’s a good kid.”

Lillian nodded, “He is.”

They both looked up at Kayla expectantly and she stopped, fork still in . Slowly she removed it and stilled.

“Uhh…”

“So just tell us already, what’s going on? Any updates?” Liz asked boldly.

Lillian nudged her, “We weren’t supposed to ask!”

“I can’t stand it anymore, I have to know. I won’t say anything Kayla, but please, what’s going on?” Liz said, leaning in closer towards her.

Kayla chuckled again, “I’ve decided to distance myself from Terrance for a bit. He came over a few nights ago demanding “answers” and I’m pretty much too pissed at him to even look at him. So after discussions with Kyu Jong, I’m going to back off and let him make the next move and go from there,” she finished.

Liz and Lillian were smiling broadly.

“So Kyu Jong helped you to decide this?” Lillian questioned.

“Well, I think part of me already wanted to, but he has this way of getting me to admit what I’ve already been thinking. He’s…he’s pretty cool in that way,” Kayla smiled softly. “He’s got these awesome ginger cookies he gave me when he found me after I left they restaurant, they’re so good.”

Liz looked at her intently, “Oh yeah?”

“Mmm hmm, he also had this really interesting tea, he said it was to help me relax, and it was good and seemed to work,” she went on, smiling.

Liz raised an eyebrow, but still said nothing else.

“Oh and I’m gonna help him to learn how to paint or maybe sketch, something like that too!”

Lillian’s eyes widened, “Really?”

Kayla nodded, shoving another forkful of salad in , munching away, “Mmm hmm, he says he likes it and a friends wife back home was showing him but had to stop when she had her child, so I offered to help.”

Liz grinned, “So you really like him then?”

“Oh yeah, he’s really nice,” she nodded, swallowing before taking another bite of her salad. “I mean, he’s just so chill, so easy to be around. Did I tell you he’s going to be in my acting class with me and Lejna?”

Lillian and Liz’s eyes once again widened.

“It’s gonna be fun, Lejna seems really taken with him which is so cute.”

Liz shook her head, “I’m sorry but, do you hear yourself Kayla? I mean, seriously?”

Kayla looked at them, fork still in , “What?”

Lillian smiled softly, “You’re practically glowing.”

She swallowed hard, setting her fork down, “Huh?”

Liz chuckled, shaking her head, “Nothing. So when do we get to meet him?”

Kayla stared at them, “I dunno, Chanile said the same thing.”

“C’mon, we have to see if all you’re saying is true. He sounds really nice; don’t you want us to meet him?” Liz questioned.

Lillian raised an eyebrow, waiting for Kayla’s reply.

She blinked, “Well I suppose, I hadn’t thought about it to be honest. It’s not all me, it is up to him if he wants to. I’ll let him know the next time I see him.

“Do you have plans to see him soon?” Lillian asked, finishing the rest of her Pop Tart.

Kayla shook her head, “No, he’s usually pretty busy, so more than likely I won’t see him much before our first class on Monday.”

Which for some reason bothered her. To be honest, she hoped she’d get to see him before then, but there were no guarantees. She could always call him, but she didn’t want to bother him either, still t didn’t seem right that he was always the one making the gesture. Maybe she could get some sort of housewarming gift and try to bring it to him. It would be her way of thanking him for everything he’d done for her.

Making her mind up to do just that, Kayla finished her salad, her thoughts on what gift she could get for him.

~~~

Kyu Jong headed into the kitchen to start dinner, he’d gone into work early today and had gotten out early as well, so he had the afternoon and evening free. He wasn’t entirely sure what he wanted to do, but part of him thought it would be a good idea to look into hose art supplies Kayla had let him borrow. Once he had dinner in the oven, he came out, sitting, he turned the TV on. Reaching out, he grabbed the items off the table and set them down next to him on the couch. Pulling the medium sized suitcase off the pile and setting it on his lap. Carefully he opened it and looked it over; there were various things, some familiar and others not so much. It was a bit overwhelming; he wasn’t really sure where to start.

Sighing, he closed the case and put it back down on the table in front of him and then picked up one of the pads that stated it was for watercolors. He supposed after dinner he could try, but what did he paint or draw? Standing, he headed to the kitchen to check on his dinner, when there was a knock at the door. After a quick check, he hurried over and unlocked the door, opening it, a smile spreading over his lips.

“Kayla, hello!” He smiled.

Dressed in large heavy sweater and boots, she grinned broadly, “Hey!”

Kyu Jong stepped back, motioning for her to enter. She made her way in a large gift bag in her arm.

“I hope I’m not interrupting,” she said.

“Ani, I was just looking over the things you let me borrow while I wait for my dinner. Please come in and join me,” he smiled.

He was glad she was there, he didn’t realize until right now how much he truly enjoyed her company. He watched as she set the large bag down and then took her boots off and slid her feet into the waiting slippers, picked the bag back up and followed him in, sitting on the loveseat diagonal to the couch and Kyu Jong sat on the couch, looking over at her.

“How are you?” he asked.

She nodded, “I’m good, you?”

“I am ok, just making dinner, would you like to join me?”

She smiled and shook her head, “Oh, no thanks, I already have something waiting for me for dinner downstairs, but I appreciate the offer. Actually I’m here with some house warming gifts for you. I can’t believe I didn’t realize sooner, but hopefully you’ll enjoy them, here you go!” She smiled, picking up the large bag and setting it on the table.

“Kayla…”

“Don’t say it, just take it. It’s not much, I’m not sure of you likes and whatnot, but hopefully it’ll work out.”

Kyu Jong looked at her and smiled a bit, bowing, “Thank you, I appreciate it.”

She smiled, “No problem, well go on, look inside.”

He took a breath, at a loss for words with her display of generosity. He reached into the bag and started pulling out several small packages, all wrapped in bright paper. He sighed heavily, he felt bad taking this, it didn’t seem right. He unwrapped one package to find a three pack of dish soap; another package had about four bottles of hand soap. Kyu Jong chuckled, it was very practical and could be used daily, he looked over at Kayla to see her smiling goofily, and he chuckled again. He reached back in to pull another heavier, larger package out. He unwrapped it and frowned in confusion, he looked over at Kayla who chuckled softly.

“It’s a waffle iron, ever had a waffle?”

He shook his head.

“No? Wow, well you’ll have to try them. They usually come with instructions and a recipe,” she explained.

Kyu Jong looked down at the box, it didn’t make much sense to him and he looked back up at her, “Could you show me how sometime?”

She blinked then smiled, “Of course! I love waffles, more than pancakes really, so I’m being a little biased getting you this, you’ve gotta try them though.”

He bowed again, “Thank you.”

She nodded and he reached back into the bag and pulled out several more small packages, unwrapping them to find candles in various scents.

“I tried to pick scents that smelled manlier, nothing flowery,” she chuckled.

He opened them one at a time, loving each one, she had great taste. Kyu Jong chose one, found a pair of scissors, snipped the end and then lit it.

“I love candles, thank you. I didn’t think of getting any, great idea,” he grinned.

“Yeah, candles are great; never know when you’re going to need them, what with the bad storms we get here.”

He nodded, setting them down and then reached back into the bag and pulled out something soft. He unwrapped it to find a large fleece blanket, in navy blue.

“You can use it as a bedspread too or just a blanket to lounge around in on the couch. I made sure it was big enough,” Kayla explained.

Kyu Jong hugged it to his chest, it was super soft and for some odd reason it made him feel secure somehow.

“It’s great for these cold winter nights,” she smiled.

He nodded, looking up at her, bowing his head yet again.

“Ok, one more, well actually two more.”

He reached in again, pulling something else out, in contrast to the blanket, this was way heavier. He tore it open to reveal a tool box.

“You have to have one; it’s like…a thing for guys.”

Kyu Jong laughed, “Ne, so I’ve been told. I will make good use of this, gomawo.”

“No problem, but there is one more, I just couldn’t fit it in the bag.”

He suddenly noticed a bag hanging around her arm; he wondered how he hadn’t noticed it before. She slid it off and held it out to him.

“Kinda silly but I’m a firm believer they help when you’re feeling down or are in unfamiliar surroundings. They’ve always made me feel better.”

Kyu Jong looked in the bag, his features softening. He reached in, pulling out a large stuffed white bear, a red bow tied around his neck. It brought back memories of a time spent with four other men, only that bear was way larger, but he remembered how it’d made him feel. It amazed him that she would pick this of all things to give him.

“I know it’s weird to give a stuffed animal to a grown man, but I figured you could keep it in your room so no on can see it.”

He shook his head, “Ani, I don’t mind if anyone sees it. I think this is my favorite of all the gifts, it means a lot to me. Thank you, I love it,” he said softly, fighting back tears as he replayed those moments of a time in the past in his mind.

“Hey…K, are you alright?” Came Kayla’s soft voice.

Kyu Jong looked up suddenly, his eyes welling up more.

“K…” she whispered and he looked away, embarrassed.

He felt silly; he couldn’t believe he’d done that in front of her.

“You know, those bears are good when you’re feeling a bit nostalgic or sad, they love hugs.”

He looked back over at her and she smiled a look of understanding on her face. She didn’t know what was going on, but somehow Kyu Jong knew she got it.

“So I’m gonna get going, let you have your dinner. I hope you enjoy your gifts.”

He nodded, “I will, thank you very much.”

She waved him off, “It’s nothing,” she stood, slipping out of the slippers and pulling her boots on. “See you later,” she waved and made her way out.

Kyu Jong shut the door and walked back over to the couch and sat, looking all the gifts over. It was too much, she was so generous. Reaching out, he pulled the bear back up and stared at it, he’d meant when he’d said, it was his favorite of all the gifts. Tears welled up again and he couldn’t stop them as they spilled over and made their way down his cheeks.

It’d been ten years since their debut and five years since their hiatus and it never got easier. He missed them, his brothers, missed them all together, five as one, nothing was ever as good as when they were all together. Kyu Jong slumped back, hugging the bear tight to his chest, suddenly missing home more than ever.

~~~

Friday Evening

Kayla opened the door to find Chanile there, a few bags in her hands, a broad smile on her lips.

“C’mon in, the food is on the way.”

Chanile made her way in, handing her bags to Kayla who took them and headed into the kitchen. It was time for their monthly movie night, they made it a habit to meet at least one Friday out of the month to watch movies, eat and just catch up. Sometimes it was two or three times a month, but usually just one as that was all their schedules would allow for. They would alternate whose place they’d go to, this month was Kayla’s month.

She picked up the chest she filled with ice and assorted beverages and brought it out, Chanile had already started reorganizing the furniture for optimal viewing.

“Did you bring any movies?” Kayla asked, setting the cooler down.

Whoever was going to the other’s home had to bring movies.

“A couple, but I couldn’t find anything good in Redbox, so eh, I’m not thrilled with the choices. If you don’t like them either, we can see what’s on TV,” Chanile sighed.

Kayla nodded, a short time later the food arrived, burgers, hot dogs, fries, wraps, various salads and sides. Chanile got the bags from the kitchen that held chips, various candies (a favorite of hers, she loved candies and sweets), drinks and other junk food. Kayla got a bowl for the salsa and a few others for chips and things.

“We always do this, we always go overboard,” Chanile frowned.

“Yeah, but that just leaves stuff for you to take home,” Kayla smiled.

“I know but…I mean, it’s so much.”

“We’ll make it work, we always do,” Kayla assured her, opening one of the containers that was stuffed full of potato salad, spooning some out onto her plate. “Ya know, Kyu Jong loves potato salad, but he doesn’t like mac salad,” she chuckled.  

Chanile looked over at her as she finished putting ketchup and mustard on her hamburger, “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, but he loves ribs, man can he pack it away, he loves to eat it seems. He loves chips and salsa too,” she announced, gesturing to the bowl of salsa with her head.

“And you know this how?” Chanile asked, shoving a fry into .

“Well, we’ve eaten together a few times, he even made me a grilled cheese sandwich once, and it was really good.

Chanile raised an eyebrow, continuing to watch her, “Oh.”

Kayla found the movies she’d brought and looked through them, her thoughts back on Kyu Jong. She hoped he was ok, it was a couple of days since she’d last seen him, he’d looked so sad when she’d left him, something about that bear had made him so upset for some reason. Kayla hadn’t been expecting that kind of reaction, but he’d also looked at it so lovingly, as if he were rememberin something. It’d been the first time she’d seen him so unhappy since meeting him, she was sure she’d detected the faint sheen of tears in his eyes, it’d made her want to reach out and hold him for some reason.

“Hey, I know, why don’t you invite him to join us?!” Chanile said suddenly.

Kayla was jolted out of her thoughts; she looked over at Chanile, “Huh?”

“Yeah, invite him down! Is he home?”

Kayla blinked and looked up at the ceiling, she didn’t know, he was always so quiet.

“I’m not sure; he’s so quiet I wouldn’t hear him even if he was.”

“C’mon, invite him, I’m dying to meet him,” Chanile smiled.

Kayla nodded, “Well it can’t hurt, I’d like for him to meet you, Lillian and Liz want to meet him too, and I have to get to happen somehow. I suppose I could call him…”

“Nah, go on up, it’s more personal. I hope he’s there,” Chanile said frowning.

She stood, “Ok, I’ll be back,” she announced, quickly dressing and making her way out.

Kayla headed up the stairs, stopping in front of his door, she hoped he was there. She knocked once then twice more, frowning when there was no answer. Sighing she turned to leave when suddenly the door flew open to reveal a surprised Kyu Jong.

“Kayla, hello!” He smiled.

She turned to him, “Hi! I’m so glad you’re home.”

“Come in,” he stepped back.

She shook her head, “I can’t, I have a friend waiting for me downstairs actually.”

Kyu Jong frowned, “Oh.”

“That’s why I’m here. My friend and me are having our Friday movie night and wanted to see if you wanted to join us,” she inquired.

His eyes widened, “Really?”

“Yeah! We’ve got a ton of food and Chanile brought some movies that look…less than promising, but we’ll figure something out. I’d love for you to meet her and she really wants to meet you,” Kayla stated and she could see the faint blush on his cheeks.

“Ahh, well sure, if you’re sure it’s ok.”

“Great! C’mon down when you’re ready.”

“Should I bring something?” He offered.

“You don’t have to, we have plenty.”

Kyu Jong looked off for a moment before looking back at her, “Ok then, I will be down shortly.”

Kayla nodded and made her way back down and inside, Chanile looked behind her and frowned.

“Damn, he wasn’t home?”

“No no, he was, he’ll be down in a bit.”

“Hell yeah, I’m really excited,” Chanile grinned.

Kayla chuckled, sitting back down.

“Let’s wait until he gets here to each,” Chanile said.

She nodded, “Ok, why don’t we try to pick out a movie?”

Chanile frowned, “I dunno, I don’t think there’s much point to it. I shouldn’t have gotten them in the first place.”

“It’s ok, let’s see if we can find something on TV,” Kayla suggested.

Chanile nodded and they flipped through the stations, still unable to find anything.

“Fridays used to be one of those days all the good movies and shows came on, this ,” Chanile muttered, sighing heavily.

Kayla nodded, just then there was a knock at the door.

She grinned, “That’s him!”

Chanile’s eyes widened and she turned to look at the door as Kayla stood and made her way over and pulled the door open to see Kyu Jong.

“Hey there, c’mon in!” She smiled, stepping aside so he could come in.

He bowed and made his way in, a few things in his hands. He took his boots off and Kayla held the things he had in his hands while he took his coat off, passing them back to him when he was done and she went to hang up his coat. After she turned to Chanile who was now staring at Kyu Jong in curiosity.

“Ok, Kyu Jong Kim, this is my close friend Chanile Trimble, Chanile, this is Kyu Jong. As you know he’s from South Korea here on business,” Kayla said as she introduced the two.

Chanile had stood by now and went to offer her hand, but was stunned when he bowed and found herself bowing awkwardly.

“It is very nice to meet you Chanile,” he smiled gently.

Chanile blinked then smiled broadly, “Hi! It’s nice to meet you finally,” she said grinning.

“Oh?”

“Yeah, Kayla’s told me a lot about you, I’ve been really anxious to meet you in person,” she explained.

“Oh really? Thank you for that Kayla,” he said, giving a quick smile to Kayla before looking back over at Chanile, “It’s nice to meet you as well, Kayla has told me a lot about you as well,” Kyu Jong said softly.

“Well come in and relax, eat, we’ve got plenty,” Chanile said, gesturing for him to come in.

“Thank you,” he said.

Making his way in, he turned to Kayla and held out the things in his hands.

“I brought these, I wanted to participate, it’s not much, but I thought you may enjoy it,” he said hopefully.

Kayla took the object again, which turned out to be a plate, took the foil off and her eyes widened, it was those ginger cookies!

“You brought them! I love these cookies!” Kayla cried in excitement.

Kyu Jong smiled, “Really?”

“Yes, I’ve been telling everyone about them, I can’t stop thinking about them since I had them before,” she said, staring at the plate.

Kyu Jong chuckled, “Wow.”

“Chanile, try one, go on, they’re really great.”

Chanile nodded, reaching out to take one and popped it in , crunching loudly, “Ooo, those are good, I’ve never seen those before,” she said, her eyes widening

“They are cookies from my home,” Kyu Jong said.

“That explains it, we have nothing like that here, figures,” Chanile sighed.

Kayla nodded, “See?”

Kyu Jong chuckled again, shaking his head, “I will make sure I keep them on hand for you whenever you want them.”

“Thanks K,” Kayla winked.

“Ok, so let’s eat here people, this food is crying out for us to devour it,” Chanile announced, rubbing her hands together as she sat.

“Help yourself K,” Kayla said, sitting next to Chanile on the floor. “We have tons, there’s burgers and hot dogs, wraps in and roast beef and ham, there’s salads and chips with salsa, feel free to have as much as you want.”

“Thank you,” he smiled.

“So we’re trying to find something to watch still, but there’s nothing good on, do you have any suggestions K? Anything you’ve found since you’ve been here?” Kayla asked, taking a bite of her burger.

Kyu Jong took a drink to wash down the chips he was munching on, “Ani, but I actually brought something with me to watch if you ladies are interested since Kayla said you were having a hard time finding something to watch,” he offered as he took one of the roast beef wraps and cut it in half before taking a bite.

“What’s it called?” Chanile asked, taking a forkful of potato salad and stuffing it in .

“I believe the English translation is “Boys Over Flowers,” it’s in Korean, but there are English subtitles,” he assured them, taking another bite of his wrap.

They looked a little confused over the title, but both shrugged, at this point they‘d try anything.

“Ok, why not?” Kayla smiled.

Kyu Jong handed her the DVD case and she got up and put the first disc in and sat back down and started to watch.

Four Hours Later

All was silent except for the occasional crunch of chips as the three stared intently at the screen.

“I can’t believe she keeps taking that crap! That p u guy is an !” Chanile muttered, shoving a handful of chips in .

Kayla nodded, “I know, I can’t stand him!” She sighed; it seemed strangely familiar in some odd way.

“But I’m liking that red haired guy, what’s his name again Kyu Jong?” Chanile asked, grabbing one of the last few ginger cookies from the plate.

Kayla looked over at Kyu Jong just then to see him smile gently as he looked at the screen, the man in question suddenly appearing. His features softened and he looked at the guy with such an expression, “Jihoo,” he said softly, almost sadly.

“Yes Jihoo, I like him. She needs to stick with him and tell the other p u guy to shove it. I wouldn’t have stopped with just a kick to the head,” Chanile stated, throwing a chip at the screen as the other guy, Joon Pyo (as Kyu Jong corrected with prompting from Kayla) appeared.

Kyu Jong smiled and looked over at Kayla shook her head, smiling, chuckling. A few hours later they decided to pack it in and start to clean up.

“Damn I want to know what happens,” Chanile frowned.

“Well, maybe we can meet again to watch more, what do you think K? Would that be possible?” Kayla asked, looking over at Kyu Jong as he continued to help clean up the left over food.

He nodded, “Of course.”

“Oh good, we’ll have to find a time we can all get together again and watch, we’ll have to start early to get in as much as possible,” Chanile stated.

Kayla laughed, “You’re really serious about this aren’t you?” She questioned, bringing some dirty dishes into the kitchen, Chanile following.

“Well yeah, this was fun, even more fun than usual, plus we have Kyu Jong here as a new member, good times,” she winked at Kyu Jong who promptly blushed, setting some empty bowls down on he counter.

“I enjoyed myself very much, this was fun, thank you for letting me join you,” he smiled.

“Anytime K, we’re pretty fun to hang out with, Chanile more than me to be honest,” Kayla winked at Chanile as she started to load the dishwasher.

“Oh please, that’s not true and you know it,” Chanile rolled her eyes.

Kayla giggled then stopped when Kyu Jong came over, starting to rinse the dishes and load them into the dishwasher. She glanced over at Chanile who grinned and started to put somethings away in the fridge.

“You don’t have to do that K, really.”

“I don’t mind, it’s ok,” he smiled, turning to look at her.

Their eyes met and she felt her heart starting to pound a bit faster. He moved away, putting a few dishes in the washer. Her gaze met Chaniles again who was watching her, a look of amusement o her face. Kayla cleared and loaded the last of the dishes into the washer before closing it and starting it up.

They finished packing everything up, Kayla made sure they both had something to bring home with them.

“It’s been great meeting you Kyu Jong, you’re everything Kayla said you were and more,” Chanile smiled.

Kyu Jong blushed again, “Thank you, I have enjoyed meeting you as well, Kayla has really nice friends,” he said softly.

“Well you’re included in that now,” Chanile said before turning to Kayla, “Just so you know, I think he’s great.”

Kayla chuckled, looking over at Kyu Jong who blushed a deeper red.

“Ok, I’m heading out,” Chanile said, heading over to the closet to get her coat, starting to put it on when Kyu Jong intercepted, helping her into it. She gave him a smile and then looked at Kayla, giving her a wider grin.

“Yes, I wil be leaving as well,” Kyu Jong announced, reaching out to grab his own coat.

He walked over to the door, opening it for Chanile who smiled again, “Thanks. See you later Kayla, I hope to see you again soon Kyu Jong.”

Kyu Jong nodded, “Yes, me too, drive carefully, good night Chanile,” he said softly, giving her a bow.

A faint blush fell over her cheeks as she let herself out.

Kayla looked over at Kyu Jong, “Thanks again for coming down and for the cookies and the drama. I know it was all really last minute, but Chanile really wanted to meet you, my friends from work do too, I mention you a lot.”

Kyu Jong stared at her thoughtfully, “Thank you for telling your friends about me, it means a lot to me that you think highly enough of me to mention me to your friends. I hope to meet them soon,” he replied.

“Oh well…I…you’ve been such a great friend, I feel like I need to let them know it,” she said, feeling silly saying it, but it was true.

He smiled broadly, “Thank you Kayla.”

She looked away in embarassment.

“Please let me know when you’re planning to get together again if you’d like for me to join you, I can bring the DVD so we can watch and I’ll make sure I have more of the cookies to bring too,” Kyu Jong announced.

Kayla nodded, “Will do!”

“Ok then, I will leave. Have a good night Kayla and thank you again,” he said quietly, bowing.

“Goodnight K,” she said softly.

He turned and made his way out; Kayla slowly closed the door, sighing heavily. Why was she so sad suddenly? Turning she made her way down the hall to the bathroom.

~~~

Kyu Jong let himself into his townhouse, his mind reeling with everything that’d happened. At first he’d been a little hesistant about meeting a new person, always felt a bit self conscious. He knew majoritity of Kayla’s friends didn’t like Terrance and they king of made it hard for her, he wanted them to like him. He wasn’t sure what to do though, but he decided to just be himself, but he’d been extremely nervous the whole time.

Chanile had been very nice, he felt comfortable in her presence, he could see the sharpness in her eyes, the intelligence, nothing got past her, he like that. He’d been surprised when she came right out and said she liked him, it made him feel good.

He headed into his room, is thoughts drifting to the moment in the kitchen, he wasn’t quite sure what’d happened there. For a minute it was as if they were the only two there, all he could see was her. He’d had to walk away, the pull had been strong, he didn’t know where it’d come from.

Slowly he sat on the bed, staring out, what did it mean? Maybe he was looking too much into it, it was probably nothing, but there was a nagging part of him that wondered if it was really nothing.

Kyu Jong shook his head, it had to be nothing, it couldn’t be anything more, the situation didn’t allow for it. He didn’t know her well enough for anything else but a friendship to develop. Maybe it was because he’d been spending a lot of time with her, it was only natural to imangine…

He sighed and fell back on his bed, what was he saying? He wasn’t sure of what he was feeling let alone imangining. He had to stop, stop before it grew into something more, something deeper that he couldn’t control. His prior experiences were a lesson, they’d all been the wrong women, he’d rushed in so fast and he’d gotten hurt. That wasn’t going to happen.

Not again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: Hey there! It's been awhile right? If you're reading this, thank you for hanging in there, my hand is slowly getting better to the point where I can actually start writing fairly regularly. Hopefully things will start to go back to normal now for the most part. It may be just a little longer between updates, but I'm hoping not as long as this last time.

This was a fun chapter, not too much going on, but Kyu Jong gets to meet Chanile and she definately approves, which is nice. Next is Lillian and Liz.  Did anyone catch the reference to a certain something special involving SS501 and Kyu Jong's strong reaction? My ode to the thing that got me involved in them as a group. Special thanks to my four ladies for ideas for the housewarming gifts! 😉

Movie night was fun, I thought it was a nice idea to bring in the drama that inspired this story. Sorry to anyone who I offened with Joon Pyo, I can't help it lol! I should warn, you'll get no sympathy from me where he's concerned. We see little cracks in Kyu Jong, which is nice because he seems so together, but there's still a lot he's hiding and dealing with alone himself. As a far warning, things start to get a bit worse for Kayla coming up, she's going to be tested a little for awhile. I'm excited to see how she handles it and where it leads her. Please feel free to comment, I love to hear from you! Thanks and I'll see you next update!

~MO