Chapter 21

Falling For You

There was silence and Kayla could tell things got serious very quick. It was quite a statement to make and one she could tell he truly believed.

 

Kayla knew she had to tread carefully, “K, what does that mean exactly?”

 

He was quiet a moment before sighing heavily, “It is my fault, the group, the reason why we’re on hiatus now is because of me, literally. If not for me, then maybe…maybe…” he stopped sighing again.

 

“What happened?” Kayla asked gently.

 

She watched as he frowned, looking down.

 

“It was my last audition, I told you before that I was going to stop trying to be a singer and do what my parents wanted had this not worked out and it did, barely. It shouldn’t have, I wasn’t going to make it, the company really didn’t like me, but the members helped me. Jung Min helped me with my hair and the others supported me, they really liked me and convinced them to let me stay. So, once I made it in, we worked hard for five years, and the whole time I carried that around with me, that I was lucky to be there and that had it not been for the members, I wouldn’t have been. I also knew that the time would come when all this would possibly end, at least for me,” he stated, still looking down.

 

Kayla had a bad feeling what was coming next.

 

“So, when our contracts were up after the five years, we went to renew, and DSP, our management at the time, wanted to resign everyone…except me,” he said quietly.

 

Her heart dropped.

 

“They said that I still didn’t fit in and that I didn’t project the idol image they wanted and so they decided not to ask me back.”

 

Kayla bit her lip, her eyes widening when she saw a tear make its way down his cheek to land on his hand.

 

“They told the other members, stated they would resign them and continue on,” Kyu Jong explained.

 

Kayla fought back tears of her own, sliding closer to him as he spoke, he seemed to be lost in the story, as if he were right back there again.

 

“I still remember them telling us, inside one of the conference rooms they looked so happy to be rid of me. The members kept watching me, waiting for some reaction, but I was so numb, I couldn’t even look at them. Once management left the room to give us time to talk, they were in outrage for me. They asked me what I wanted to do, I told them that I knew this day would come and that I might not be asked back and that I was ok with it, even though I wasn’t, I wasn’t ok. I was hurt, very hurt.”

 

She felt her heart breaking for him, she could only imagine how he must’ve felt.

 

Kyu Jong sniffled, “So I told them that I loved the and our group and fans enough to leave, but that I want them to go on without me, that I gave them my blessing to do so,” he said, his voice just barely above a whisper.

 

Unable to take anymore, she reached out, wrapping her arm around his back, pressing right up against him.

 

“But hyung wouldn’t have it, he said he would look, find a company that would take us all. He tried but no one would sign all five of us, so on the last day wen we all had to go fill out paperwork, they passed out the four contracts and gave me my final paperwork. Just then leader stood and said they all decided that without me, they wouldn’t sign, that we five, not four, they would wait until a company would take all of us first. So, they would go solo until we could regroup together.”

 

Kayla smiled, she didn’t know his bandmates, but she liked them already.

 

“They tried to get them to stay, to resign, but they wouldn’t. I didn’t know they had decided that, they never told me. Management tried to convince me to convince them to resign, but the members weren’t having it. They told them that if I’m not good enough to stay, then I’m not good enough for them to use for their gain. So, after we left we went out separate ways. Everyone got signed quickly and released albums, but I was stuck, for awhile in this limbo of wondering if I could get signed, if I even wanted to try. I was in pain for a very long time.”

 

She had a feeling he still was.

 

“Eventually I did try, and I did get signed, to the same company as Young Saeng hyung. I released two solo albums before going in to do my military duty. So, it is my fault, they’d still be together if not for me,” he choked out the last sentence, hanging his head.

 

Sighing sadly, Kayla reached out, wiping at his cheek with her fingers, “You are not giving your bandmates very much credit K. They have their own minds, they knew what they were doing when they decided. There’s probably a reason why they didn’t tell you what they were planning, they knew you’d try to change their minds. They love you enough, your friendship means more to them than fam. I do not think they blame you for anything,” Kayla said carefully.

 

Kyu Jong sniffled and shook his head, “Ani, the fans, I know they’re hurt, disappointed. A lot of them blame me, leader took majority of the blame though. For unknown reasons, people wanted to make it his fault and he took the blame to shield me, he protected me, all of us and that’s how I repaid him, because they told us not to say anything, I…just let him bear the brunt of it, I…” he stopped, tears falling faster.

 

“Hey K, listen to me, hey,” she said sternly, reaching out to lift and turn his head so he was looking at her with his damp eyes. “This, all of it, is not your fault, this is the typical greed of corporate. It’s about money and profit and you five were caught up in the middle of it. What they did to you guys was wrong and ty, leaving you all to bear the brunt of it. It happens here all the time, but look at what you’ve done, you’ve proven them wrong. You’ve got two albums out, a fan club, fans who love you regardless and from what I’ve seen so far, they’re willing to wait for you all to come back. Most importantly, you have your members who stood by you. Every time you step into the studio, you prove them wrong, when you release an album, or you perform on stage, you are showing them their mistake. This is not about you, it’s on them, it’s their fault,” she stated firmly.

 

Kyu Jong took a shaky breath in.

 

“Don’t you think it’s time you finally let go of it? You’ve carried it around for so long, but it’s time to stop blaming yourself and heal. Enjoy your career, your fans K. Even though they did you wrong, you at least got the opportunity to do what you wanted. They used you to get money, now use their callousness to get what you want for a change. Just…let it go K, it’s time,” Kayla smiled.

 

He lifted his head to look at her and she gave him a sad smile, wiping at his eyes with a napkin from off the table.

 

“Ok, now tell me about this show, tell me about your members, one of them seems so familiar for some reason,” she said, looking back over at her laptop.

 

Kyu Jong wiped at his eyes, sniffling before clearing his throat, “Ne, you’re thinking of leader hyung, Kim Hyun Joong, he was in the drama you’ve been watching.”

 

Kayla frowned, “What dra…wait, you mean that flowers one? He’s in that?” She asked, looking at her laptop.

 

“Yes, he’s Jihoo,” Kyu Jong smiled.

 

“Jihoo…Ji…oh my…yes! I see it now, it’s him! You know him, he’s your leader?!” Kayla cried.

 

Kyu Jong chuckled and nodded, “Ne.”

 

A thought occurred to her, that one time they were watching the drama and she’d noticed how he’d looked at the screen, that look in his eyes. He’d been looking at his leader then, it explained that look of almost longing in his eyes, he missed the young man. She hadn’t thought much of it at the time, but now she knew why he’d been that way.

 

“Whoa that’s crazy, I’m really stunned, wow.”

 

“He became even more popular because of that drama. Me, Young Saeng hyung and Hyung Jun recorded one of the main songs for the soundtrack,” Kyu Jong stated.

 

“Really? So that means I’ve heard it, I’ve heard you singing and never knew.”

 

Kyu Jong just smiled.

 

“What song? What’s it called? I’m sure I’d recognized it if I heard it.”

 

“Because I’m Stupid is the title.”

 

Kayla frowned, “Hmm, let me check,” she said, searching for it on YouTube, finding a video of the audio. She played it, her eyes lighting up, “Yes! I remember hearing this, whoa…hey, that’s you! I recognize your voice, you’re singing!” Kayla cried excitedly.

Kyu Jong chuckled again and nodded.

 

“I’ve been listening, but I mean to really let it sink in, to listen to you, wow K!” Kayla sighed.

 

“Thank you for listening.”

 

She shook her head, “This is so cool, you guys sound great.”

 

Kyu Jong smiled wider, giving her a small bow. The song ended, and Kayla stared at the laptop, shaking her head in awe.

 

“Wow, well, are you ready to finish that show K?” She asked, her head still reeling.

 

“Yes, I’m ready if you are,” Kyu Jong grinned.

 

Monday Evening

 

Kayla made her way into the classroom and back to their usual table to find that surprisingly, Lejna hadn’t arrived yet. She got set up, setting her usual bag of snacks out on the table. A few minutes later, a frazzled Lejna made her way in and back to the table, looking annoyed.

 

“Hey,” she said, out of breath sitting heavily in the seat.

 

“Hey girl, what happened? You’re usually the first one here,” Kayla said.

 

“There was a traffic jam on I90!”

 

“Oh, I heard about that on the radio, a car accident,” Kayla nodded.

 

“How’d you miss it?” Lejna asked, giving her an incredulous stare, starting to take her stuff out of her bag.

 

“I managed to make a detour and take the back streets, I just got here a few minutes ago” she explained.

 

Lejna shook her head, “Wow, I was so afraid I would be late.”

 

Just then Kyu Jong made his way in, several other people coming in after him as well, the accident effecting many apparently.

 

Kyu Jong came over and sat, bowing to both women, “Hello,” he smiled at them.

 

Lejna gave him a bright smile, “Hey Kyu Jong, did you have a hard time getting here because of the accident too?”

He nodded, “Ne, my taxi was right in the beginning of the line though, so we were one of the first few to make it though, I’m lucky I made it in time. I see you both are here as well on time, I’m glad. Hello Kayla,” Kyu Jong smiled.

 

Kayla smiled a bit, “Hey K.”

 

Lejna looked between the two, “Are you two ok now?” She asked.

 

Kayla looked at her, “We’ve always been ok.”

 

Lejna raised an eyebrow and looked over at Kyu Jong who simply nodded. Lejna looked between the two again, feeling as if she’d missed something. The director then walked in, two huge stacks of papers in his arms. After getting his desk set up, he made his way to the front of the room.

 

“Good evening, glad to see everyone made it here safely. First off, I will be passing out the scripts tonight. Everyone will audition for each, there are instructions and also a small part of the song that will be used for the audition for the musical as well as the part of the play only that everyone will audition with. So, take those home and study during the week, auditions are next class. We’ll be starting an hour earlier to make sure everyone can go. Those who can get here early will be the first to go and as others arrive, they will be put in line. There will be fifteen people per cast and the list will be available the following class followed by the first practice. You are expected to attend each rehearsal for whichever you are assigned to and if possible, try to get together out of class to rehearse. It is not required but would be helpful for all involved. I will also post a list of open times for the auditorium, so you can schedule around that with a sign-up sheet so there’s no overlapping. Be considerate of each other and don’t schedule multiple days in concession please.”

 

There were murmurs and nods from everyone in the class.

 

The director went on, “The shows will span for two days, two performances each. It is expected that everyone attends one show of the other. There will be notifications as to when the tickets will be available to purchase. There should hopefully be a solid date for the performances next class, the following at the latest. At this point, it’s looking like sometime mid-May, so keep that in mind,” he finished before starting to pass the papers out.

 

Kayla looked the scripts over, feeling a bit annoyed she had to try out for the musical, but knew there was no way around it. Class resumed with a couple of activities before ending and Kyu Jong following her to her car.

 

“Will you be able to come early next week?” Kayla asked.

 

“Ne, it shouldn’t be a problem. I will make sure to tell the producer what’s going on.”

 

Everything had come out, Kayla now knew that Kyu Jong was there to release his first and hopefully not his last, English solo album. He told her why he was there and how the acting classes had fit into everything. She wasn’t as shocked as she thought she’d be, it made more sense that he was working with Shane than she realized.

 

“Ok, well let me know if you need anything. I hate when they spring this last minute. He could’ve told us last week, we need an extra hour to give more time to plan, not everyone can easily accommodate that ya know? Some people have kids and finding a sitter isn’t something that just happens,” Kayla sighed.

 

Kyu Jong nodded, getting into the car.

 

“How about stopping for something to eat?” Kayla asked suddenly, not quite ready to say goodnight to him.

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “Yes, that sounds good.”

 

Kayla took them to a diner, they were seated and after a few minutes of looking the menu over, ordered. She got a ham and swiss club with fries and Kyu Jong got a burger and fries.

 

“Kayla, do you know when movie night will be this month yet?” He asked suddenly, taking a sip of his water.

 

“Mmm, not yet. I have to speak to Chanile about it, why? Did you have a date in mind?”

 

“Ani, I was wondering if I could host this one,” he said.

 

Kayla grinned, “Really? That’s great! I’m sure Chanile would love that. Let me send her a message and see what she wants to do,” she said, whipping her phone out and shooting a quick message to Chanile. A few seconds later she replied, “Oh, she wants to group chat, are you ok with Chanile having your number?”

 

“Of course.”

 

The three texted and set up a date and time, Kyu Jong stating he would come up with something, Chanile specifically putting a request for something Korean. Kyu Jong, Kayla noticed, looked surprised, but agreed to do so. After they ate, they headed home, Kayla said goodbye and watched as Kyu Jong headed up to his home. She strangely felt at a loss, ever since learning about him. Now it seemed she wanted spend more time with him and at the same time she didn’t, she still felt confused, but as uncomfortable about what he did as she had initially.

 

Sighing heavily, she turned and made her way inside.

 

Thursday Afternoon

 

Kyu Jong headed out the building and over to the waiting taxi. He couldn’t wait for the weather to start getting warmer, he was really getting tired of the cold. It reminded him of home, the winters were always extreme. He told the driver where to go and then looked out the window. Kyu Jong had been shocked when he’d gotten the call from his agent he’d been setup with by his agency at home.

 

He’d not only met with the man once who’d advised him he would be in touch if he was able to get him some auditions and he hadn’t heard from him since, but he called a couple days ago to set up a time to meet. Kyu Jong was both anxious and nervous, what if he decided not to help him? What would he do then?

 

Trying not to jump to conclusions, he decided to wait and see what would happen.

 

Two Hours Later

 

Kyu Jong headed up to his home, a smile on his lips. It felt as if things were slowly starting to fall into place, his agent decided hadn’t decided not to help him, quite the opposite. He’ actually been able to get him some auditions for some cameos on a few popular TV shows and some roles as an extra, nothing bit, but it was a start finally.

 

It seemed since everything had finally come out with Kayla, everything started pushing forward. By the end of the month, his single would slowly start to play on local radio, he was thankful and nervous about that as well, it was really happening. On top of that, he slowly started to make more friends. A few of the female singers he’d seen often at the studio, had spoken to him and they’d talked and got to know a bit about each other, it felt good to feel as if he’d been accepted from his peers.

 

He headed down the hall and flopped on down on his bed, tomorrow he’d go for the auditions, so he had to get a lot of sleep. It would be an early dinner then straight to be, he wanted to be at his best. He bit his lip, he wanted to call Kayla to tell her, but nothing was final, he just had an audition, she probably wouldn’t be interested anyway. He’d tell her if he actually got the part. Making up his mind, he sat up, gathering up his change of clothes, he headed into the bathroom to shower.

 

Sunday Afternoon

 

“So, you still haven’t heard from Terrance?” Chanile asked, shoving a scoop of ice cream in .

 

Kayla sighed and shook her head, “Nope, it’s been almost a month.”

Chanile shook her head in disgust, “He’s worse than a woman, I swear,” she moaned, taking another bite of her ice cream.

 

“Seriously, but I’m not giving in on this, he was out of line, I do miss him though.”

 

Chanile raised an eyebrow, staring at her as she shoved more ice cream in .

 

“What? It’s true, I do, I miss having someone to hang out with, someone to talk to. I miss having a boyfriend,” Kayla sighed again, taking another from her cone.

 

“You have Kyu Jong, you’ve been hanging out with,” she stated, smirking.

 

Kayla frowned, “K is my friend Chanile, not my boyfriend. It’s not his responsibility to be one to me.”

 

“It could be…”

 

“It could be what?”

 

“It could be his responsibility, you could always…” Chanile stopped.

 

Kayla raised an eyebrow, “Could always what?”

 

“Nothing, never mind, you’re not ready for that yet.”

 

Kayla stared at her for a moment before taking another of her ice cream. She wondered how long Terrance would keep this up, was he really waiting for her to say something? Did he really believe she was cheating on him? Was it his Mom’s doing? Now she was just being paranoid, still the thought that his mother was behind him not reaching out to her lingered.

 

She looked up, stilling when she realized Chanile was still watching her steadily.

 

“Why are you staring at me? What?”

 

Chanile shook her head again, sighing, “So we’re on for next Friday at Kyu Jong’s for movie night, right?”

 

Kayla stared at her for a moment before nodding, “Yeah, he said he’ll come up with the menu and he’ll make sure to get some Korean stuff per your request.”

 

“Cool, I can’t wait, I’m really looking forward to this,” Chanile grinned.

 

She chuckled, “Me too actually, I’ve had a few Korean things when we went out for his birthday, I’m wondering if he’s gonna get any of the stuff we tried.”

 

Chanile nodded, “I still can’t believe you did all that for him, you’ve never done half of that for Terrance, not that he deserved it,” she said, grinning when Kayla gave her a look.

 

“This was a special case though, he’s far from home on his birthday, I wanted it to be special, he seemed really happy, that’s the most important thing.”

 

“True, but still, I think it’s great you did it for him, he definitely deserved it,” Chanile winked.

 

Kayla rolled her eyes and finished her cone.

 

Monday Afternoon

 

“I feel like it’s been forever, how have you been?” Liz asked, taring into her taco salad.

 

“Ok, nothing too exciting really.”

 

Aside from finding out her upstairs roommate was an international celebrity, nothing besides that.

 

“How’s your family?” Kayla asked, taking a bite of her Baby Ruth candy bar.

 

Liz shrugged, “They’re ok, going to visit them soon, have to book my flight and get money exchanged and all that, it’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it,” she smiled, taking another bite of her salad.

 

“It is, you know they’ll be glad to see you.”

 

“I’ll be glad to see them too.”

 

Kayla smiled a bit, her thoughts drifting to her Dad. It’d been awhile since she’d heard from him. She knew Shane kept in touch with him because he’d pass information along to her. While she was happy to hear about him, she wished he’d be the one to tell her, apparently that was too much to ask for.

 

“Thinking of your Dad?”

 

Kayla looked up to see Liz giving her a sympathetic smile. Kayla sighed and nodded, a lot of good it did her when he obviously wasn’t thinking of her.

 

Early Evening

 

Kyu Jong headed over to the classroom, only to find a note on the door telling him to go to the auditorium for the auditions. His nervousness grew, he was used to the auditions back home, he didn’t know how this would go. Would they laugh at him when they heard him sing? What about his acting?

He had to think of this as a learning experience, he hadn’t heard back from the auditions for the cameo, but his agent had told him he had a good feeling. Still, they hadn’t called, Friday had been the last day to audition, logically he knew that enough time hadn’t passed yet, but he couldn’t help but feel worried.

 

Kyu Jong made his way to the auditorium, following the signs to the entrance, making his way inside and down the aisle. He look left and right and saw Lejna and Kayla in one row and started over.

 

“Hi Kyu Jong!”

 

Kyu Jong turned his head to see one of the women he’d seen from before. He gave her a bow, waving before making his way down the aisle. He bowed at Lejna and Kayla and sat. They chatted for a bit before the director got up on stage and explained the process. He’d spent the whole week practicing the small part and the song, he felt slightly confident, but he couldn’t get over the fear to sing, granted that’s why he was in the states to begin with, but he didn’t feel quite ready yet.

 

A short time later, he auditions started, going row by row and Kyu Jong watched with growing dread.

 

“Are you ok Kyu Jong?”

 

He turned his head to look at Lejna who was watching him sympathetically.

 

“Yes, well actually, I’m a bit nervous.”

 

“Aww don’t be, you’ll be fine, just do your best,” she smiled.

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “Thank you.”

 

He looked over at Kayla who smiled, giving him a thumbs up and a wink. As his turn grew closer, he grew more and more nervous, it almost felt like his debut stage with the rest of the members. He looked on as they finally hit their row. A few minutes later, Kayla went up. She performed the small bit of dialogue, then sang. Her voice was pretty good, but he could see it wasn’t her focus, not her drive. The acting on the other hand had been good, very good, it reminded him of the performance she did before.

 

Kayla made her way back, Lejna stood and made her way to the stage.

 

“Aww K, relax sweetie, you look ready to pass out,” Kayla said suddenly.

 

Kyu Jong looked over at her, swallowing hard.

 

“You’re white as a sheet!”

 

His eyes widened when she reached out, cupping his cheek in her hand as she did on his birthday, once again, his heart started pounding harder. Her hand was cool against his skin, her eyes full of worry as they looked at him.

 

“Deep breaths K, you’re gonna be fine, it’ll be quick. You’re a seasoned professional, you got this,” Kayla stated.

 

Kyu Jong simply stared at her, wishing she would continue to keep her hand on his cheek, he somehow found it comforting. She smiled and removed her hand and disappointment flooded him.

 

Quickly he turned his head to the stage, but the feel of her hand lingered on his skin. He took a calming breath and watched Lejna’s audition, she was amazing. Her voice was beautiful, and her acting was good too.

 

“Isn’t she great? I’m so glad there’s gonna be a musical this time, her vocals are on point!” Kayla whispered.

 

Kyu Jong nodded, he agreed. He never would’ve expected because she was always so quiet, she would do well in Korea with her voice. Having already done her dialogue, she made her way back and then it as his turn.

 

“Good luck Kyu Jong, you can do it!” Lejna said as she headed back down their row to her seat, giving him a smile.

 

Kyu Jong nodded, starting his way down, the fear growing even more. He made his way onto the stage and over to the microphone, said his name and waited.

 

“Ok Kyu Jong, start with the dialogue, after finishing, wait about ten seconds and then sing the prepared piece please,” the director explained.

 

He nodded, took a deep breath and started the dialogue. Once finished, he waited a few seconds then closed his eyes, knowing if he kept them open, he’d never get through it. His heart pounded harder and he could hear Kayla’s voice in his head telling him he could do it and it somehow, he relaxed and started to sing.

 

A minute later he opened his eyes to silence, everyone was staring at him before erupting into applause. His eyes widened when the producer smiled widely at him, Kyu Jong looked around, searching for one person, his eyes stopping when he found her. Kayla gave him a wink.

 

They made their way out the auditorium.

 

“You sounded amazing Kyu Jong, I didn’t know you could sing like that!” Lejna exclaimed.

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “Thank you Lejna.”

 

“Did you know he could sing like that?” Lejna asked, looking at Kayla.

 

She said nothing, just smiled and Lejna looked back over at him.

 

“Wow, your dialogue was really good too, I’m thoroughly impressed,” Lejna grinned.

 

Kyu Jong chuckled, giving her a small bow, “Thank you again.:

 

“Looks like you got yourself a fan,” Kayla said, grinning at him.

 

He chuckled again, “A fan huh?”

 

Lejna blinked, “Well I mean…”

 

Kayla gave her a gentle shove, grinning.

 

“Uh, I’m gonna go now, see you later Kayla, bye Kyu Jong,” Lejna said, hurrying away.

 

Kayla chuckled, “Wow K, you do something to her.”

 

Kyu Jong looked over at her, “I do? What?”

 

Kayla stared at him a moment before chuckling, “Never mind K. You ready to go?” She asked, heading over to her car.

 

He frowned but made his way over and they took off.

 

Kayla glanced at him quickly, “You nailed the audition, the director was impressed, I could tell. I don’t know what you were so worried about, your singing was amazing, even better live.”

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “Thank you, I was very nervous.”

 

“Couldn’t even tell, looked like it was second nature, everyone was really amazed, it was so cool to see.”

 

Kyu Jong shook his head in embarrassment, “Ani…”

 

“It’s true! People were talking about you, I could hear them behind me and Lejna, you’re a hit!”

 

He blushed, looking down.

 

“The fact that you’re so humble makes it even better.”

He blushed harder, shaking his head.

 

“Aww, you’re so cute K, seriously,” Kayla smiled, turning to look back at the road.

 

Kyu Jong eyes widened and he looked back up at her, his heart pounding hard suddenly.

 

“So, how’s everything going at Sony?”

 

He blinked and looked away quickly, hoping she hadn’t noticed him staring, “Uhh…g-good. Hope to release my single soon and work on finishing the rest of the album and the music video too,” he explained.

 

Kayla nodded, “Must be really cool.”

 

He smiled, “It is, I am excited and nervous,” he admitted, feeling good to finally say it out loud. It felt like a he’d been all alone in it for a long time. He didn’t realize how bad he wanted to talk about it, not just with anyone, but her in particular.

 

“Aww K, honey you sound so relieved to say it. You’ve been carrying that around by yourself for a while huh?” Kayla said sympathetically, turning into the parking lot.

 

He let out a breath and nodded.

 

“Poor thing and all this time I’m going on with my crap…” she shook her head.

 

Kyu Jong looked over at her, “Ani, Kayla…”

 

Kayla held up her hand, “Let’s face it K, until now, our friendship has been pretty one sided, kinda hard not to be in some ways, but no more.”

 

He raised his eyebrows.

 

“From now on, you can come to me if you need to vent, or just need to talk,” Kayla stated firmly,

 

“That is very kind of you Kayla ssi, but you don’t have to do that, I have…I mean…”

 

She nodded, “I know, I’m sure you have your friends back home to talk to. Of course you’d be more comfortable with them,” she said quietly.

 

Kyu Jong shook his head ‘no’.

 

“I get it K, it’s fine. Shane does all that music stuff, I know a little about it, but I can’t really relate. That said though, I’ll always be here to listen, be the other ear, maybe give you a perspective from the listener, someone outside of the business. I could be useful in that regard, right?” She asked hopefully.

 

Her look of longing made him want to reach out to her.

 

“You are always useful Kayla. I don’t want to dump my problems on you…”

 

“Please! I did that to you constantly, let me start to help you the way you helped me, I think I can if you give me the chance, I’ll prove it.”

 

“I know you’re more than helpful.”

 

“So then…you’ll come to me if you need to? If there’s no one else, you can always come to me.”

 

Kyu Jong stared at her, “You are not my last resort Kayla, don’t ever feel that way,” he said softly.

 

Her eyes widened, “I just figured you’d want to speak to your friends first.”

 

Kyu Jong gave her a soft smile, “You are my friend Kayla, so I will come to you if you will allow me to.”

 

He saw the faint hint of red creep up on her cheeks.

 

“Ok good, I finally feel like we’re equal here.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, he did too, they were becoming closer and he found he was very happy about it.

 

_____________________________________

 

a/n: Finally back! Sorry as always for the long wait. Thanks for those who've continued to wait and stick around, I appreicate all your support! 

 

So Kyu Jong's secret has been revealed in its entirety and we learn of the weight he's been carrying with him. I  often wonder if that's really how Kyu Jong feels and if  that really happened, I've heard rumors, but I suppose we'll never know. This is fiction, keep that in mind, I mean to start no issues or fights, this is fake, I just wanted to say that, reguardless of what you believe happened.

 

Any guesses of how the audtions turn out and who gets casts in what? I'm curious to see if anyone has any ideas.

 

That's all for now! Till next time!

 

MO~