Chapter 20

Falling For You

Kyu Jong sighed, setting the headphones down, looking up at the producer.

 

“Let’s take a break ok Kyu Jong? Maybe you need a rest, we’ll meet back in thirty minutes.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded and watched in disappointment as the director left the room Shane motioned for him to meet him outside. Kyu Jong made his way out, shutting the door after to find a worried Shane waiting for him.

 

“Sorry hyung,” he said softly.

 

“Don’t apologize, everyone has off days and we’re ahead of schedule anyway. I’m concerned about you, you ok? I’ve never seen you so distracted, at least not this bad,” Shane frowned.

 

Kyu Jong rubbed at his head.

 

“What’s going on man?”

 

Kyu Jong shook his head.

 

“Come on, let’s go to the breakroom,” Shane said, leading the way.

 

They sat, and Shane offered him a cup of coffee which Kyu Jong declined, he was on edge enough already without the extra caffeine, it definitely wouldn’t help.

 

“So, what’s up? What’s wrong?”

 

Kyu Jong bit his lip then looked up at Shane, “Kayla knows.”

 

Shane blinked then frowned, “Knows? Knows what?”

 

Kyu Jong looked at him miserably but said nothing else. Shane frowned deeper before his eyes widened suddenly, “Wait, you don’t mean…?”

 

Kyu Jong nodded.

 

“She knows?! How?” Shane exclaimed.

 

“She looked up me up on Google and YouTube.”

 

Shane shook his head, “I don’t understand, what made her even look? I never said anything.”

 

Kyu Jong explained everything that happened, and Shane sighed, shaking his head in wonder.

 

“Sorry hyung, I know no one is supposed to know yet.”

 

Shane shook his head again, “No, Kayla is fine, she knows the drill for this kind of thing,” he explained.

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “I wanted to tell her on my own, I kept putting it off cause I wanted to be unknown for a little longer and now…I didn’t want her to find out like this,” he whispered.

 

Shane sighed, “I know Kayla and this kind of thing won’t matter to her, it really won’t.”

 

Kyu Jong shook his head, “Ani, she won’t look at me, talk to me hyung. What happened yesterday at class just proves how hurt she is.”

 

Shane smiled a bit, “No, not hurt, embarrassed, trust me. She just needs to come to grips with everything. Kayla’s never had a famous friend before, that’s my department. Just give her some time to adjust. If you’re her friend, ultimately it won’t matter,” he stated firmly.

 

Kyu Jong looked down, he sure hoped it wouldn’t.

 

~~~

 

Kayla looked over at Lillian who looked like she was working, but was just killing time until lunch. She needed to talk to someone, especially after class last night. She’d been a wreck when she got home. She hadn’t planned to cry like that, didn’t know where it’d come from, it just happened, and she felt stupid, but she couldn’t seem to stop it.

 

When he’d cupped her face the way he had and looked at her so sincerely, something inside her had melted. It wasn’t real, but it sure had felt like it. Kayla shook her head, she was so confused, she didn’t know what to do. What he did didn’t matter, it shouldn’t, and she wasn’t the type of person to care about that typically, but she’d never been in this kind of position before. She herself had never been friends with anyone famous, she didn’t know how to act, what to do. Kayla bit her lip, she knew she couldn’t’ tell Lillian the whole story, but maybe…

 

“Hey Lillian, can I ask your opinion on something?”

 

Lillian nodded, still looking blankly at the computer screen in boredom.

 

“What would you do…If you had a friend who had a really big secret, like it changes how you see this person even though it shouldn’t, it does…”

 

Lillian perked up, turning in her chair suddenly, her eyes wide, “It’s not illegal is it?”

 

“What? No, nothing like that at all, just…big. You know it’s their job and all, but it…” Kayla sighed.

 

Lillian was quiet for a moment before looking at her, “What does it matter?”

 

Kayla frowned, “Huh?”

 

“What does it matter what this person does? So long as it’s not illegal…”

 

Kayla shook her head.

 

“And it’s not hurting anyone…”

 

Again, Kayla shook her head.

 

“Then, what difference does it make? You already said so yourself that it doesn’t, it’s just their job, what they do doesn’t matter, it’s not who they are,” Lillian reasoned. “For whatever reason, you’re letting it cloud what you think of this person.”

 

Kayla nodded, it was true, all of it. Lillian turned back to her computer as another patient came up. After giving her the information, she went back to the computer.

 

“Maybe if you’re so intimidated by it, why not learn more about it?” Lillian suggested.

 

Kayla frowned, “What do you mean?”

 

Lillian turned back to her, “Learn about it, watch them do it. Maybe you fear it or are put off by it cause you don’t know anything about it. If you learn about it, it may help you to accept it, maybe even talk with them about it. Take the discomfort out it by facing it head on, it won’t be so scary and then things can go back to normal,” Lillian finished, smiling.

 

She looked away, would that really work?

 

~~~

 

Friday Evening

 

Kayla made her way inside, kicking her shoes off and flipping the light on. It’d been a long busy day at work and she was glad to be home. The townhouse was quiet, Shane had messaged her telling her he would be with some friends over the weekend, so she’d be alone the whole time.

 

She pulled her boots and coat off, hanging it up and then heading to her bedroom, getting a change of clothes before heading into the bathroom and taking a shower. Twenty minutes later, Kayla made her way out and into the kitchen and started dinner. While it was cooking, she headed into the living room and turned the TV on, finding something to watch before heading back into the kitchen. Once her dinner was ready, she sat on the couch to eat. She may as well have been eating cardboard because she couldn’t taste a thing.

 

Staring blankly at the TV, she could feel herself starting to zone out. She kept thinking about Kyu Jong. She’d run into him a couple of times during the week, she’d smiled at him, but never initiated conversation, mainly because she didn’t know how to talk to him anymore, felt too self-conscious. He looked as if he wanted to talk to with her, but she never let it happen and she missed him terribly, but she didn’t know what to do.

 

Sighing, she stood, grabbing her dishes and brought them back into the kitchen. After cleaning up, she went back out and into her room, grabbing her laptop from off her bed and came back out. She felt lousy and lonely and she knew she had no one to blame but herself. Kayla sat back down, putting the laptop on the coffee table in front of her, turning it on and then then checking her email. Once done, she went to turn it off, when Lillian’s words came back to her:

 

“Learn about it, watch them do it. Maybe you fear it or are put off by it cause you don’t know anything about it. If you learn about it, it may help you to accept it, maybe even talk with them about it. Take the discomfort out if by facing it head on, it won’t be so scary and then things can go back to normal,”

 

Kayla bit her lip a wave of nervousness washing over, she didn’t know where to start. Grabbing the remote, she turned the TV off and brought up a new webpage, launching YouTube. She hesitated a moment before typing Kyu Jong’s name in the search box and waited for the results to load. After a couple seconds, she got a page full of hits and she scrolled down to the first video which was the music video for “Yesterday”. She tapped on it, watching intently once the page loaded and the video started.

 

~~~

Sunday Afternoon

 

Kyu Jong closed the door and took his boots and coat off, sliding into his waiting slippers and then putting his coat away before going into the kitchen and getting the ingredients ready for lunch. Hurrying out, he made his way into his room, getting a change of clothes and then heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower and emerged fifteen minutes later. After making a large pot of ramen, he brought it to the table to eat, making a list of things he had to get while he was out grocery shopping later.

 

After eating, he went to the couch and turning the TV on. He was tired, but glad to be home and relaxing, it’d been a busy week, but he felt like a zombie, he’d been in a daze all week. Somehow, he’d been able to focus, but it’d been hard. He’d run into Kayla a few times during the week, but she wouldn’t speak to him, just smile. He’d wanted to talk to her, but she always took off before he could, and he could tell she really didn’t want to talk him and that hurt because he really did miss her.

 

Just then his phone went off, he pulled it out of the holster at his waist and turned the screen on. Scrolling through, he saw that he had a message and tapped on it to find it was from Kayla and quickly opened it.

 

‘Can u come down pls?’

 

His heart dropped, what now?

 

There was nothing else to tell her, but just like that, he was nervous. What if she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore? He turned the TV off and headed to the door, pulling his coat back on before sliding out of his slippers and putting his boots on and heading out, locking the door after him. Maybe she wanted to tell him she didn’t want to be friends with him anymore Kyu Jong thought, frowning.

 

He stopped in front of the door, hesitating a moment before knocking lightly.

 

“Come in…”

 

Kyu Jong heard her soft voice call out and he slowly opened the door, poking his head inside, “Hello?” He said softly and stopped.

 

She was sitting on the couch, a box of tissues next to her, it didn’t look good.

 

“Kayla…”

 

“Come in,” she said, wiping at her eyes.

 

Kyu Jong made his way in and she patted the spot next to her. He hesitantly made his way over and as he was sitting, a thought occurred to him. What if something happened with Terrance? Any issue took a backseat for a moment as he looked over at her.

 

“Kayla ssi, are you ok? Did something happen with Terrance or…?” He stopped when she looked up at him for the first time in a week, giving him a gentle and almost apologetic smile.

 

“You really are very sweet you know that?”

 

He blinked in confusion and she looked away again.

 

“No, nothing has happened with Terrance,” she said, wiping at her nose with the tissue in her hand.

 

“Oh? Then what…?”

 

“I asked you to come down because I…I watched you in this…mini movie thing and you…you…” she stuttered.

 

He was growing more confused, she watched him in something? He looked and for the first time, noticed her laptop sitting on the coffee table in front of her. She had pillows from what looked like came from her bedroom on the couch with blankets. Just what was going on?

 

“You died in the end and that got me to thinking you know? What if something happened and you had to leave?” She whimpered, tears rolling down her cheeks suddenly.

 

“What?” Kyu Jong said, stunned.

 

“You died, you were gone, and she never knew what you did, never got to tell you…if you had to leave and I’d never see you again and with the way I’ve been acting towards you, I’d feel worse than I already do,” she said softly, wiping at the tears that continued to flow down her face.

 

Kyu Jong reached out, turning the laptop towards him, it was paused on a YouTube video. He saw a shot of himself making what was supposed to be a picture frame with his fingers and suddenly he remembered the mini drama he’d done years ago when his character died in the end.

 

His features softened, and he looked over at her, “Kayla…” he said quietly.

 

“I’ve been sitting here for the last ten minutes sobbing, trying to work up the courage to ask you to come down when I heard you’d come home. I can’t…what if you leave and this is how we left off because of me…” she bit her lip, fresh tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

“Aww Kayla ssi, it is not real, it is just a drama…”

 

She shook her head, “No, what if you had to go back home? You’d leave and…”

 

“Shhh…” he stopped her, reaching out to wipe at her cheeks, “Stop Kayla, that’s not going to happen. I’m here, I’m right here, I’m not going anywhere.”

 

She turned her head to look at him, tears spilling over his fingers.

 

“I’m sorry Kyu Jong, I’m really sorry,” Kayla cried softly.

 

Kyu Jong shook his head, “Ani, stop crying Kayla, you did nothing wrong, I should’ve…”

 

“No, I overacted, I’m not used to having a famous friend and when you told me, I panicked, and I handled it poorly. Celebrities and famous people, that’s Shane’s thing, it’s never touched me personally you know? I avoided it because I’ve seen how people are, at least here anyway. You don’t seem to be like that, but I still can’t seem to…and I decided to watch some of what you’ve done since Lillian had recommended me try this so it’s not so scary and I’ve been watching for the last two days and…” she bit her lip, tears still flowing.

 

“Kayla, please stop crying,” Kyu Jong pleaded, he hated to see her cry.

 

“I can’t! This movie has made me an emotional wreck! I keep seeing you in that h-hospital bed and…and…then…you know I’ve been so bad here these last few months and I seem to just keep getting worse. I’m not usually this bad, but I can’t stop, now I’m doing it to you too. It’s only been two months we’ve known each other, but for me, it feels longer, and I think of you as a good friend, a positive male in my life already, I don’t have many, but I consider you one and this is how I treat you…” she said, wiping at her eyes. “I can’t s-stop crying,” she said, burying her face in the tissue, her shoulders shaking with her soft sobs.

 

Kyu Jong looked at her helplessly, he’d never had anyone cry for him, not in this way at least, he was overwhelmed. He hesitated a moment before sliding closer to her and carefully wrapping an arm around her shoulders, gently pulling her to rest against him.

 

“No need to cry Kayla, everyone goes through things, everyone makes mistakes, though what you feel isn’t a mistake. If it is how you feel, you don’t have to apologize to me, I should’ve been honest from the beginning, but I guess I was being a bit selfish…yes I was,” Kyu Jong smiled when Kayla shook her head ‘no’. “I wanted to be just Kyu Jong so much that I didn’t stop to think how it would affect people when they found out the whole truth. In my defense though, it is nice to not be known, to not have people treat you differently because you’re an idol. I loved the fact that you didn’t know and treated me as a person, a friend and not a singer. I don’t get that often at home, I got a bit carried away, I apologize for not being honest,” Kyu Jong said quietly.

 

Kayla waved him off, “I know, and I understand why you did, believe me. You didn’t lie, just didn’t go into detail, nothing wrong with that,” she sniffled.

 

Kyu Jong smiled a bit, “Thank you Kayla.”

 

“I should be thanking you for still talking to me after everything.”

 

“It wasn’t that bad, you did still speak to me.”

 

“Hardly, I was too nervous, to embarrassed to look at you,” she frowned.

 

Kyu Jong pulled back to look at her, tilting his head to the side, “Why?”

 

She looked up at him in confusion.

 

“Why would you be nervous or embarrassed to look at me?”

 

“All the stuff I told you, the things I got you…you’re probably used to really nice stuff, I must’ve seemed really silly,” she said, a hint of red on her cheeks. “Bothering you with my boyfriend problems and you helping me when I was sick,” she sighed.

 

“You know, back when me and the members first started, we didn’t have much. We shared living space, two to a room our managers would stay with us, we took care of each other. We had our moments, fights and all as to be expected, but it was all very simple. We got around in big white van, had dorm rooms, it was fine. Now, we all have our own homes, but we still get around by van, it is still simple. We haven’t changed that much, or families wouldn’t allow for it, my parents and sister keep me grounded. Me and the members still fight sometimes, but we also hang out and have fun, we take care of each other.

 

We are friends Kayla, we help and take care of each other, I have enjoyed getting to know you. You have nothing to be nervous about or embarrassed of, I am still the same guy as before you found out. All the things you’ve done has been special to me as it was for me the person, not me as the singer or idol. It’s been nice to have something done not because of what I do, but because I’m your friend. Being a singer is my job, but I hope to be a friend to you first and foremost Kayla ssi,” Kyu Jong said softly. “I do not require special treatment or special things, only to be your friend.”

 

Kayla bit her lip and nodded, “If you still want to be, you’re definitely still my friend,” she smiled shakily.

 

Relief rushed over him, “Ok, that’s settled then.”

 

She looked up at him, “It is? Just like that?”

 

He nodded, “Just like that.”

 

Kayla shook her head, “You really are too nice K, seriously. You should be mad at me or something, anything.”

 

“Why? That will not solve anything. I was if anything, more hurt really.”

 

Kayla frowned and looked down, “Oh, that’s even worse.”

 

“Ahhh, I’m…”

 

“Don’t apologize K, really. I’d have been hurt too. Remember what you told me before?” She questioned.

 

He looked down at her in confusion.

 

“You said when you shouldn’t, you’d feel bad even when someone did you wrong and you’d apologize even though you didn’t need to. Don’t let this be one of those times, it’s how you felt, don’t apologize. I’m gonna take responsibility for those feelings ok? So, like you said before, it’s settled,” she finished.

 

Kyu Jong blinked and then nodded, feeling a bit stunned.

 

“Ok good, all I ask is that you give me a bit of time to adjust to what I’ve learned about you, ok?”

 

He nodded, “Ok.”

 

“Alright, I was going to actually watch some more…”

 

Kyu Jong chuckled, “Kayla ssi, you do not have to,” he smiled.

 

“I want to, this has been fun, there’s tons of stuff, your fans even subtitled a bunch of things too.”

 

He smiled, “Yes, our fans are very considerate of each other. We have the best fandom,” Kyu Jong grinned.

 

Kayla smiled, “It certainly makes it easier.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “I’m sure it does.”

 

She looked at him, “Would…would you like to join me in watching?”

 

He blinked, he hadn’t been expecting that, “Oh…”

 

“That was kinda stupid, you’ve lived this, you probably don’t wanna wat…”

 

“A-ani! That’s not it, it’s just…I need to do some shopping for the week. I would love to join you after though!” He smiled.

 

“Really? Cool! I can take a shower and be presentable by the time you get back,” she smiled.

 

Kyu Jong chuckled, “Ok, sounds good. I will be back shortly.”

 

“Just come on down when you’re ready.”

 

He nodded and stood, “Then I will see you soon Kayla.”

 

“See you,” she said.

 

He waved and made his way out, slumping against the door in relief, his legs shaking so badly they threatened to give out on him. He didn’t realize how scared he’d been until now. Kyu Jong let his head fall back to the door, he felt as if a weight had been lifted.

 

Slowly he pulled away and headed towards the taxi that was just pulling up.

 

~~~

 

She headed into the kitchen, getting some bowls and plates out and then various snacks. She planned to make it into a mini party of sorts, kind of a peace offering for everything that’d happened.

 

She couldn’t express how relieved she was that they’d cleared the air. It felt as if a weight had been lifted, felt as if she could breathe for the first time in over a week. Still, she couldn’t help but think of the fact that she’d hurt him, it was a bitter pill to swallow to be sure. She meant what she’d said though, she would take responsibility for that hurt, it was her fault. She didn’t want to dwell too much on that though. She wanted to start fresh and hopefully earn his trust because for some reason she could tell his trust in her was shaken a bit and that scared her.

 

After bringing the bowls and plates into the living room, she headed into the shower, deciding she’d fill everything up once out so they stayed fresh. When she was done with her shower, she fixed the couch so it didn’t look like she’d spent two days on it, though she feared it was too late. The more she waited, the more nervous she became to see him again. Kayla couldn’t help but still feel a bit apprehensive, she knew she had to get over and used to it, but still she felt self-conscious now. Surely, she couldn’t act the same, could she? He’d said that’s what he wanted, but that was before she knew.

 

Standing, she headed into the kitchen, getting the various bags and bringing them over, dumping them into the bowls and plates. She brought the bags back before putting a bag of popcorn in the microwave, her thoughts suddenly drifting to Terrence.

 

It’d been almost a month since she heard from him and it didn’t look like he had any intention of contacting her. The longer it went on, the more certain she was that she wasn’t going to say anything either. He could be insanely stubborn when he wanted to be. Sighing, she’d be lying to herself if she said she didn’t miss him, even a little. She missed having a boyfriend, he hadn’t been much of one lately, but he still was and she missed him. All that said, she wouldn’t be able to look herself in the mirror if she gave in this time, she couldn’t.

 

Her thoughts went back to Kyu Jong and she couldn’t help but think he wouldn’t have done that, it never would’ve even been an issue, no, Kyu Jong was better than that.

 

Kayla stilled, Kyu Jong was the kind of guy she’d…

 

Just then there was a knock at the door, she looked up, he was back, her last line of thought cut off. Kayla hurried to the door, swinging it open to reveal Kyu Jong, a smile on his face and a bag in his hand.

 

“Come in,” she said shakily, motioning for him to enter.

 

He made his way in, taking his shoes off. She hurried back to the microwave, taking the hot bag of popcorn out and taring it open.

 

“What’s all this?” He asked softly.

 

She came back in, looking at the table of snacks, “Ohh…just a few goodies. I thought we could snack while we watch.”

 

Though now she was second guessing herself, he probably was on some sort of diet and needed to stay in shape. Fear washed over her, what if he didn’t like what she had? Maybe he liked fancy, high end snacks all this time and had just been pretending. Did they eat caviar in Korea?

 

She watched as he went over to the couch, “You don’t have to eat it,” she blurted out suddenly and he looked over at her in shock and confusion. “I-if it’s not, I mean…you know, it’s just snacks, it may not be what you like. I can find something else, I don’t have caviar or anything, but I’m sure I can find…”

 

“Caviar?” Kyu Jong blinked.

 

“I don’t know what you like, what you’re used to,” she said nervously.

 

Kyu Jong gave her a sad smile, “This is fine Kayla ssi.”

 

“Are you sure? I can…”

 

He stopped her by reaching out, taking her hand and gently pulling her closer, “Ani, this is fine, please sit.”

 

“Oh wait, I forgot drinks,” she said suddenly, hurrying back to the kitchen.

 

She didn’t see Kyu Jong sigh heavily before sitting down. Kayla flung the refrigerator door open, staring inside blankly. What was she doing? Caviar? Seriously? She looked and sounded like an idiot, why couldn’t she relax around him now? How was she going to get through this now? What had she been thinking asking him to watch with her?

 

She let her head drop to her chest, this was going to be a disaster.

 

“Kayla ssi?”

 

Her head snapped up to see Kyu Jong watching her, concern in his eyes.

 

“Are you ok? Did you find the drinks?” He questioned softly.

 

“Huh? Oh, oh yeah, right, drinks. I have pop and…beer, some bottled water and…iced…tea…uh…” she stuttered.

 

He nodded, “Ok.”

 

“You can have whatever you’d like.”

 

“You can pick…”

 

“No! You get it, I don’t want to get the wrong thing,” she announced, backing away from the fridge quickly.

 

Kyu Jong slowly made his way over, giving her a look before reaching in and grabbing a bottle of water.

 

“Ok, I took water.”

 

“Great, let’s go,” she said, hurrying over to the couch and sitting.

 

Kyu Jong made his way back out, “Kayla, aren’t you forgetting something?”

 

“Hmm? No, I’m all set.”

 

He smiled a bit, “What about your drink?”

 

She blinked, “Oh…oh right.”

 

“I can get…”

 

“No no, it’s fine, you sit, I’ll be right back,” she announced, heading into the kitchen again.

 

This was crazy she had to get it together and relax! She flung the fridge door open and randomly grabbed something without looking and slammed the door shut and headed back in, sitting down carefully on the couch.

 

“Ok, we’re all set,” she smiled.

 

Kyu Jong grinned, looking at what she had in her hand, raising an eyebrow, shaking his head in amusement.

 

“Alright, so I was scrolling through to see what I could find, and I came across something called “Idol World,” I was gonna start there. Not sure what it is exactly, but it looks interesting,” Kayla explained.

 

Kyu Jong chuckled, “Yes, it was. It was sort of a variety show, it was meant to help introduce us to our Japanese fan base. It was one of two shows we did there.”

 

“Oh? There’s another?”

 

“Ne, it is called “The Mission.”

 

“Ok, I’ll check for that one after and see if it’s available.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, and she reached out, starting the first video in the playlist, sitting back on the couch. She was highly aware of his presence next to her and even though she was nervous, she still found it comforting.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot, I got you something,” Kyu Jong said suddenly, handing her the bag he’d brought.

 

“You didn’t have to do that.”

 

“It is not much,” he shrugged.

 

Kayla reached into the bag and pulled out the box that was inside, “Oh! It’s those cookies!” She grinned.

 

“Yes! I thought I’d bring some for you, you can have them,” Kyu Jong smiled.

 

“Aww thank you! Let’s have them together,” she announced, already moving one of the plates of cookies onto another.

 

“But they’re for you Kayla ssi,” Kyu Jong said suddenly.

 

“What fun is having cookies if you can’t share them with friends?” She announced, opening the box and the bag inside before pouring some on the now empty plate.

 

Kyu Jong smiled softly, “That is very kind of you Kayla ssi.”

 

“Nah, you shared with me all the time,” she pushed the plate close to him.

 

Kayla turned back to the laptop to continue watching. A few minutes in, she found herself laughing quite a bit, him and his friends were very funny. She couldn’t help feeling as if she’d seen one of them before, he looked very familiar for some reason. They continued to watch, laughing and Kyu Jong told her stories about certain scenes.

 

After she managed to find “The Mission” and they settled in to watch it. Kayla popped a chip into before reaching out to grab her drink, taking a deep gulp before spitting it out, bringing a hand to in horror, lemon juice!

 

She gagged and coughed and took the bottle of water that was in her face, taking a long sip before looking over at Kyu Jong who was watching her in concern.

 

“Are you ok Kayla ssi?” He asked worriedly.

 

She nodded, coughing a bit.

 

“I was hoping to get you before you took a drink, but you were too fast for me. I wanted to say something earlier, but I knew you wouldn’t listen,” he chastised gently, handing her his bottle of water again, insisting she take it when she started to refuse.

 

Kayla took another drink, sighing heavily, “You’re right, I probably wouldn’t have listened. I didn’t even look, I just grabbed something blindly,” she frowned.

 

“Ne, I know,” Kyu Jong chuckled.

 

“I seem pretty stupid huh?” She asked quietly.

 

“No, it was an honest mistake.”

 

Kayla gave him a look, “That was me being careless, I was so distracted I wasn’t even paying attention!”

 

Kyu Jong hesitated a moment before speaking, “What made you so distracted?”

 

She looked away, clearing and there was an awkward silence before Kayla looked over at Kyu Jong to see he’d gone back to watching the laptop.

 

“Sorry,” she said softly.

 

Kyu Jong looked back over at her, giving her a gentle smile, “Nothing to apologize for Kayla, it is ok.”

 

She shook her head, “There is, the sooner I get past it, the sooner I won’t have anymore accidents, I’ll run out of lemon juice if I don’t,” she sighed.

 

“This is true,” Kyu Jong laughed.

 

They continued for the next couple hours, finishing up “The Mission” before moving onto one more.

 

“The next one I found is something called “Thanks for Waking Me Up.””

 

Suddenly a bright smile crossed his lips.

 

“Oh, you like this a lot then?” Kayla asked.

 

He nodded, “Yes, there is a lot of memories attached.”

 

“Oh good, it should be fun then!” Kayla smiled.

 

They settled into watch and soon both were laughing hysterically.

 

“He’s so mean!” Kayla laughed, “He pulls hair and throws pillows! That poor little guy!”

 

Kyu Jong chuckled, “Jung Minnie and Junie were very funny together.”

 

“Ok so, that’s Jung Min and…Hy…Hyung Jun?”

 

“Ne.”

 

“Alright, I think I have it. I can’t believe you guys aren’t active right now, you look like you all got along so well. Why’d you stop?” She asked.

 

Kyu Jong went quiet suddenly, his mood changing and right then she knew something was wrong.

 

“It’s my fault, I’m the reason we’re not active now.”

____________________________________________________________

 

A/N: A new chapter finally! Thanks you so much for waiting! Kayla and Kyu Jong are finally together again, it's been rough for them. Now it looks as if Kyu Jong has something to share with Kayla, we'll have to see what it is next time!! I appreicate your paitence!

 

See you soon!

 

MO~