Chapter 2

Falling For You

Kyu Jong stared ahead blankly, feeling like he should say something, but didn’t know what. He felt very much out of place.

“What would you like to eat?” Kayla asked suddenly, looking over at him as she buckled her seatbelt

He looked over at her, “You can pick, I’m not really sure.”

“Hmm, well is there anything you don’t really like?”

He nodded, “Yes, I’m not really into pizza.”

Kayla’s eyes widened, “Wow really? Ok then, uh…how about Mexican? Do you like tacos and stuff?”

Kyu Jong nodded, “Yes, I do!”

She grinned, “Good, how about that then? I know a great place, it’s fancier than Taco Bell, don’t worry.”

“Yes, that would be fine. What is Taco Bell?” Kyu Jong asked as they pulled out.

“You’ve never heard of it? Oh maybe they don’t have one back home huh?”

Kyu Jong shook his head, “Ani.”

Kayla frowned, “What does that mean?”

He smiled, “Sorry, ani means ‘no’ in Korean, you can also say andwae, it means ‘no’ as well.”

She nodded, “Ok.”

“I keep forgetting, I am sorry, it just slips out from time to time.”

“Nothing to apologize for really, it’s gotta be hard to speak in a language that isn’t native.”

Kyu Jong nodded, “Yes, but that’s another part of the reason I’m here, to help improve my English so when I travel I can communicate better.”

“Well it’s not bad right now honestly,” Kayla smiled, changing lanes in the busy traffic.

“There’s more I want to learn, expressions and sayings and all that kind of thing,” he explained.

“I’m sure the longer you’re here the easier it’ll get, you’ll probably pick up quickly,” she said smiling sincerely at him.

“I hope so; it is a bit, intimidating and scary.”


“You will and I’m sure it is. Don’t worry though, I will help in any way I can if you’d like.”

“Thank you,” Kyu Jong smiled, a wave of relief washing over him for some inexplicable reason.

Kayla pulled into a parking lot of a restaurant that had a picture of a sombrero on the sign.

“Here we are, it’s called “El Toro”, they have the best Mexican food in all of NYC if you ask me,” she announced as they made their way out of the car.

Making their way to the door, Kyu Jong held it open for Kayla and she made her way in, giving him a soft “thanks”. They were quickly seated and given menus, Kayla ordered a coke and Kyu Jong opted for just water. They looked the menus over as a waitress came to set a basket of chips and some red stuff in front of them. Kyu Jong wasn’t sure what to get, he was extremely hungry but he’d only had a few things Mexican, primarily tacos. He didn’t know if he could eat freely in front of her, she didn’t seem as if she’d care if he ate a lot though and he tended to do just that.

He found one item of particular interest and decided to just go with that, seemed like the best thing to do. He looked up to find Kayla had already decided and was now snacking on the chips in front of them. She kept dipping them in that red stuff, he’d seen it before, but wasn’t sure what it was. It was thick and chunky, full of various vegetables, it smelled great though. She looked up at him suddenly and smiled, pushing the bowls towards him.

“Have some.”

He looked at the bowl cautiously.

“It’s salsa, there’s tomato base, peppers, onions all kinds of veggies. This is really mild, so if you don’t like spicy, this is perfect for you.”

Kyu Jong shook his head, “I don’t mind spicy, I love it actually.”

“Ohh, you may find this rather bland then, I can ask them to bring you something spicier.”

He shook his head, “No, this will be fine I’m sure,” he smiled, reaching out to grab a chip.

Dipping it into the salsa, he got a small amount on the chip before carefully putting it into his mouth, crunching away. The flavor of tomato and other vegetables filled his mouth, along with various spices. The flavor was familiar, it must’ve been in tacos before but he didn’t know what it’d been at the time. This tasted even better though, he at his lips to have salt fill his mouth as well, complimenting the dip.

“Mmm,” he nodded.

“So what do you think? Like it?” Kayla smiled.

“Ne, it’s delicious,” he grinned, grabbing another chip, dipping it in the salsa, getting a lot this time before putting it in his mouth, crunching loudly.

Kayla chuckled, grabbing a chip and dipping it in the salsa and getting a modest amount compared to what Kyu Jong had and put it in . Between the two of them, they finished both bowls, with Kyu Jong having eaten most of it. Just then, the waitress came and Kyu Jong motioned for her to order first, he listened as she ordered something called nachos, and then waitress then looked at him.

“I’ll take this here please,” he said, pointing to the item on the menu, “the sampler platter.”

The waitress smiled and wrote it down, taking the menus and empty bowls before leaving. Kyu Jong gave her a small bow and looked over at Kayla who was smiling at him.

“So Kyu Jong…am I saying that right?” She frowned.

He nodded, “Yes, that’s right.”

“Ok good. So, did you have anything specific in mind you wanted to get? I want to make sure I know the best places to take you.”

“Well, I did already look into ordering some things online, not much though. I need a rice cooker and some kitchen utensils, pots and pans, that sort of thing. Things for the bathroom, things for my room,” he finished, his eyes lighting up when the waitress came back with another bowl of chips and another of salsa.

He thanked her and gave her smile and yet another bow and was rewarded with a shy smile before she turned to leave. Kyu Jong heard a soft giggle and looked over to see Kayla chuckling.

“You really enjoyed those chips huh?”

He nodded again, “Yes, I’m very hungry, it’s been awhile since I last ate,” he said apologetically.

Kayla shook her head, “Not a problem, please eat a lot,” she pushed the bowls closer to him.

He gave her a small bow before grabbing a chip, dipping it in the salsa again, and then putting it in his mouth.

“I can’t imagine how hard it must’ve been, a long flight, catching connecting flights, rough. How long was the flight?” She questioned him.

Kyu Jong swallowed and at his lips, taking a quick drink before responding. “About thirteen hours, not too bad. I caught my connecting flight in LA, and then came here, I was able to sleep a bit on the plane, but it’s nice to be on solid ground. I’m always glad when a flight is over,” he replied, putting another chip in his mouth.

“Oh? You travel a lot?”

He stilled and looked over at her; he hadn’t been thinking when he said that, he had to be careful.

“Mmm, a bit, I’m no stranger to traveling,” he said cryptically.

Kayla nodded, “I’ve wanted to travel more, never had the opportunity. I’d love to have a job where I could travel to different countries, see different cultures, must be really nice,” she sighed.

Kyu Jong nodded, “It is, I love to be able see new things and meet new people.”

“You’ve traveled a lot out of Korea then?”

Again, he had to watch himself.

“Some, it was very nice.”

Just then the waitress came up, she set Kayla’s large platter of what looked like the chips they’d just had down, they were covered in all kinds of things. She then sat an even larger platter down in front of him, there were several various foods on it, and he could feel his stomach grumbling at the scent that invaded his nostrils. The waitress left after making sure there was nothing else they needed.

Kyu Jong looked the platter over, trying to decide where to start. He said the traditional Korean saying and started to eat. He looked up to see Kayla watching him.

“What’d you just say?”

“Oh, it is a Korean saying, it’s thanking the preparer for the meal and saying that I will enjoy it,” he explained.

“Wow really? That’s very nice,” she said, raising her eyebrows.

“Yes, we say it before every meal,” he said.

He took a bite of something, chewing slowly, it was delicious. He looked over at her again and she was attacking the huge mound of chips with vigor, the stuff she had on it was dripping down over the chips and onto the plate.

“What is that?” Kyu Jong asked, taking another bite of a dish that had rice in it along with various other spices.

“Hmm? Oh, these are nachos. Sort of like what we just had, but there some cheese, chili, sour cream, lettuce and all, it’s really very good,” she explained.

He studied it, cheese on chips didn’t sound very appealing.

“Here, try one,” she offered, pushing her plate towards him.

“Gomawo,” he smiled, reaching out to take a chip, making sure to get a little of everything on it before putting it into is mouth.

The cheese was warm and creamy with spices in it, the meat smoky along with the coolness of the stuff she’d called sour cream, the taste was amazing, and a small sigh of pleasure escaped his lips.

“Do you like it? From the sound of that sigh it seems like it.”

He nodded vigorously, “Ne, delicious!”

“Ok I’m sorry but, what does that mean? I thought nay means no and before you said something else, what was that word? Go ma…go…”

Kyu Jong once again smiled apologetically, “Gomawo means thank you and ne means yes in Korean.”

“Oh oh, that’s really different than what I’m used to. Here you can say yay or nay, for yes and no too, but for you nay is yes, ok, I got it now.”

“I will try not to do it again.”

“No no! Don’t do that, I don’t care, I was just worried I’d done something wrong.”

He chuckled and shook his head, “Ani, not at all.”

“Ok that was no, so I didn’t. Good,” she let out a breath and continued to eat.

Kyu Jong took the opportunity to really study her, her hair was long, dark brown, big round shaped eyes and face. She was slightly chubby, she wouldn’t be what he’d consider pretty, not in the general sense, but she had a cuteness to her, different from what he was used to, tan as well and she had a gentleness to her. He shoved a spoonful of something into his mouth, chewing thoughtfully. While he’d been uncomfortable before, he wasn’t so much anymore, there was something about her the longer he was in her presence that made him feel relaxed.

He watched as she continued to eat, he’d always had this thing about him where he’d get…feelings for lack of a better word, about things and people, almost as if tell was what going to happen, or how a person was. He liked to think of it as intuition, but it felt stronger than that. He’d always had it though, something made him decide to sing, something made him decide to go on one more audition, one last time, if he hadn’t he wouldn’t have met the four men he now saw as brothers. That feeling was now telling him to stick close to this woman in front of him, that somehow, some way she was going to change things for him.

Kyu Jong didn’t know if he should believe that feeling though, he didn’t have the best track record when it came to relationships. He always thought he’d found the right woman, wanted it so bad only to find out later she was nothing like he thought. It was frustrating because he was careful or at least he tried to be, but in the end, it never worked out. He took a sip of his water and sighed heavily, he was tired of being alone, he wanted someone, but not just anyone.

His gaze wandered over to Kayla to find her watching him, her chin on her palm, a slight smile on her lips. Kyu Jong straightened up, giving her a slight bow, “Sorry.”

She shook her head, “You were a million miles away just then,” she said softly.

“I was just thinking, sorry; I did not mean to ignore you.”

Shaking her head again, she gave him an understanding smile, “You weren’t, nothing to apologize for. I do it too, get so lost in my thoughts I forget about everything around me, it happens.”

Was she serious? She was sitting there eating while he watched her then promptly ignored her and she didn’t seem upset. He’d been told by girls, his exes to be exact, that he’d just sit there often and not say anything; they’d gotten annoyed, called him a mannequin. Kyu Jong looked back over at her, she’d resumed eating, he looked down at his food and then pushed his platter closer to her.

“Please, try some,” he offered.

She looked at him, then the plate, “Oh, that’s ok, you eat, I know you’re hungry. Thanks for offering though,” she gave him a thankful smile.

Kyu Jong frowned, “You won’t even try it?”

“That’s ok, I have all these nachos and I eat here from time to time, so I can always try it later, besides, it’s your first time here.”

He shook his head, scooping one of the foods onto his fork, “You shared with me, please, have some,” he said, holding the fork out to her.

Her eyes widened and she looked at him startled. He nodded, “Please…”

She blinked and after a few seconds leaned in, wrapping her lips around the fork, taking the heaping bite of food into . Kyu Jong smiled and pulled away, watching while she chewed.

“Mmm, it’s very good, I love the food here. Thank you for sharing with me,” she said softly.

Kyu Jong smiled, “It is good, I really like it.”

And he was starting to like her too.

~~~

Kayla watched as he continued to eat, still trying to wrap her mind around what’d just happened. She hadn’t been expecting him to do that; it’d been strangely intimate without actually being so. It was something couples did, but her and Terrance never did, he stated things like that were too showy, something kids did. The one time they’d tried, he’d been so worried about what others would think that he chickened out, leaving her there with the fork in midair, feeling stupid. Kyu Jong hadn’t left her hanging though; he’d followed through, insisting that she do it. To say she’d been stunned would be an understatement, but he didn’t even seem fazed didn’t worry if people saw, it was surprising to her.

She smiled and looked over at him, he was eating intently, it was obvious to anyone that this was one man who loved to eat, he truly loved food, which Kayla appreciated. He seemed to be really enjoying everything; he certainly ordered a lot and was making a sizable dent in it with no signs of stopping. She smiled, shaking her head in amusement and continued to work on her mountain of nachos, her thoughts coming back to opening night tomorrow.

It looked as if it would be another spent with no one in the audience to support her. It was rare, but it had happened a few times before. Her brother already had work plans he couldn’t get out of, Lillian and Liz had plans as well, and her best friend Chanile was out of town on a family function until Sunday, but she promised to come see a performance when she came back. Of course, she still hadn’t heard from Terrance, so she took that as a no he wasn’t coming. She just wished he would call and tell her that, it’d been almost a week since they’d last spoke to each other. He was always busy, it wasn’t the first nor would it be the last performance he’d miss. That said, she always made it to the work functions he invited her to, on the rare times she couldn’t, she’d always call and tell him or wouldn’t commit to it in the first place, the same couldn’t be said for him though. He cancelled a lot, work things always seemed to come up when they had something planned. Kayla strongly felt his mother had something to do with it, just couldn’t prove it.

Terrance would always mention to his parents when they had something planned and soon after something always came up suddenly. It was grossly unfair on his part, but Kayla tried to be understanding, knowing he was being bred to take over the now booming family business in the not too distant future. Still, it was hard, she supported him but he didn’t so much for her, not as he used to before the company took off.

Quickly loosing her appetite, she pushed her still heaping mound of nachos away and sighed. Kayla brought a hand up to rub at her face only to find Kyu Jong watching her curiously.

“Are you ok?” He asked suddenly, softly.

She gave him a weak smile, “Yeah…”

He raised an eyebrow, “Are you sure?”

She blinked and nodded, “Yeah.”

Kyu Jong studied her a moment longer and Kayla felt as if he were trying to read her thoughts, as if he knew she was lying. Suddenly he gave her a gentle, warm smile and Kayla found herself staring into those deep brown eyes, regretting somehow that she didn’t tell him the truth.

“Ok,” he nodded and went back to his food.

She slumped back in the booth and frowned, feeling slightly annoyed, it was her own fault.

“You’re not hungry anymore?” Came his soft voice.

Looking up at him again, she shook her head, “Nah, I’m gonna get a to-go box for the rest unless…do you want them?” She asked.

His eyes lit up, “Jinja?”

“I don’t know what that means, but here, go ahead, they’re really not good warmed up anyway,” she replied, pushing the plate towards him.

He bowed, “Thank you,” he grinned, taking a chip.

Kayla couldn’t help but laugh, he was something else.

A Half Hour Later…

They left the restaurant and were now in Kayla’s car, heading towards the first store. There was silence for the ride, she felt like she should say something, but she didn’t know what. She supposed she could ask the typical questions, but she really didn’t want to, it was too generic. Kayla wanted to get to know him better, but somehow it didn’t feel like the right time right now, hopefully there would be an opportunity later.

She pulled into the parking lot and they got out and headed in.

“This is a good store for home furnishings, they’ve got  something for pretty much any taste, so hopefully we’ll find something you’ll like,” Kayla smiled as they started looking around.

She remained quiet as he looked, not wanting to intrude, she didn’t know if he’d appreciate her opinions or thoughts, so she figured she’d just wait until he asked if he chose to. He seemed to lean towards a lot of browns and yellows, he also seemed to like blue too, picked out many blue bathroom supplies, but then got some yellow kitchen things. They then headed to the furniture, he seemed to be in debate over a few bookcases, he looked over at Kayla and bowed.

“Can I ask for your help?”

“Y-you don’t have to bow, of course I’ll help.”

It felt slightly intimidating to have him bow, that was something done for royalty. He smiled softly and motioned for her to come closer, she made her way over and he turned to her.

“May I ask which of these two do you like?” He asked, pointing between two bookcases.

“Hmm, well it depends on the rest of the décor, are you going for a lighter or darker wood scheme?”

“Mmm I like it lighter.”

“In that case, that one I think,” Kayla said pointing to the lighter bookcase.

Kyu Jong nodded and then looked over, “And that coffee table then?” He pointed to a couple of coffee tables in the corner.

“I think that would work, the most important thing is that you like it,” Kayla offered.

He nodded, “I do, a lot actually.”

“Ok then, go for it.”

He smiled, “I will, thank you for your help.”

Kyu Jong put in his order with one of the workers and got another smaller couch, a couple small side chairs, and a loveseat before they made their way around. Picking up a few small things here and there before checking out. They then made their way to the grocery store for their final stop and Kyu Jong loaded up on groceries and a few other things he found in the store.

“So if you need help when the furniture arrives and I’m home, I’ll be more than happy to help you get it moved in and situated the way you want it,” Kayla offered as they made their way back home.

“Thank you, I would appreciate that,” he smiled.

Once they arrived, Kayla helped Kyu Jong to bring the bags in.

“It’s been fun Kyu Jong, I hope you enjoyed it,” she smiled.

He nodded, “Yes I did, thank you, thank you for taking me,” he said, bowing again.

Kayla waved him off, “You don’t have to bow.” Kyu Jong looked up at her and smiled, she cleared , “Well I’m going to head down and get ready for rehearsal. I’ll see you soon.”

“Ok, see you later then.”

She waved bye, turned, and made her way down to her townhouse.

~~~

Kyu Jong shut the door and turned to look at the various bags, he had a lot of organizing to do. He ‘d really enjoyed today, Kayla had been really nice and helpful, he wished they had been able to be together in a more causal sense, there had been a purpose to this and while that was good, he would’ve liked to have gotten to know her better. Something had been bothering her, he knew it, could feel it. He hadn’t expected her to open to a virtual stranger, but part of him wished she had, whatever it was was weighing heavily on her heart. Kyu Jong hoped that whatever it was would get better for her. Making his way into the living room, he grabbed one of the bags and started unloading it.

~~~

“Ok everyone that’s it for tonight, remember you need to be here two hours early tomorrow night so we can get everyone costumed and with make up so we can do a quick run through before curtain. If you can get here even earlier to help with set up that would be even better,” the director called.

“Can you come in earlier than two hours?” Kayla asked Lejna.

She sighed, “I don’ know, I can try, but even the two hours is hard. My family wants to take me out before to celebrate and they have everyone coming and trying to get away will be tough,” she frowned.

“Can’t you just tell them?”

“Yeah, but then it’s always just “one more picture”, that kind of thing. I told them to just wait and do it after, but they said they wanted to do both cause not everyone could make it to the one before,” Lejna sighed again, rolling her eyes.

Kayla smiled, “It’s very sweet though, are they going to all be here?”

She nodded, “Yeah, all ten of them, it’s insane.”

“Aww,” Kayla chuckled.

“How about you? Who’s coming?”

“No one,” she said, starting to pack her bag back up.

Lejna, who was in the middle of packing her bag up, stopped, looking at her, “No one? How? What about Shane?”

“He had prior work plans, my co-workers have plans, Chanile is out of town until Sunday,” she explained, zipping her bag closed.

“And Terrance?”

Kayla shook he her head, “Not, at least I think, he hasn’t contacted me, so I’m assuming no.”

Lejna frowned, “Again?”

She nodded, “Yeah, I’m used to it, whatever.”

“Doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. I can’t believe you have no one, it’s opening night.”

Kayla shrugged, “It’s ok, there will be others, this is the first time in a long time I won’t have anyone, but hopefully the last.”

Lejna shook her head, “Do you want some of my family? You know my Mom and cousins would do it, they love you,” she said seriously.

Kayla chuckled again, “Thank you for the offer but no, they’re coming for you.”

“The offer stands, let me know if you change your mind.”

“I will,” Kayla grinned and they made their way out the building to their cars.

Kayla headed home with a heavy heart, she’d tried to play it off to Lejna, but inside she was really hurting. She wanted someone there, but there literally was no one. Kayla pulled into the parking lot to see that Shane was home. She made her way in to see him sitting on the couch, talking on his cell phone and watching TV. He gave her a wave as she made her way into her room, shutting the door behind her. She just wanted to sleep; she wasn’t up for socializing tonight.

~~~

The Next Day…

Kyu Jong looked around, everything had finally been put away, he just had to wait until he got the rest of his furniture and the few things he’d ordered online before. He was finally starting to feel settled, Monday he’d start his first official day, it would be busy meeting people and looking into songs, production, and the like. He also planned to start to look into acting lessons and see if he could see some small side projects too.

He’d called his hyung Young Saeng last night to tell him how things had been going, it’d been good to hear his voice, make him long for home already. He’d also spoken to his parents and assured them he was doing well on his own so far. They were worried and he didn’t blame them, but he’d assured tem he would be fine and would call at least once a week.

Kyu Jong headed into the kitchen to fix some ramen, when there was a knock at the door. He made his way over, unlocking the door to see Shane on the other side.

“Hello,” he smiled, bowing.

“Hey man, I came to see how things were going,” Shane smiled.

“Come in,” Kyu Jong said, stepping back.

Shane came in, pulling his boots off.

“Please,” Kyu Jong motioned to the slippers.

Shane looked at the slippers then at Kyu Jong’s feet to see he was wearing a pair too. He shrugged and slid his feet into the waiting pair and followed him in.

“Looks good, looks like you’re settling in well.”

Kyu Jong nodded, “Yes, I have everything put away, now I am just waiting for some furniture to arrive for me to finish completely.”

“Oh, well that’s cool; let me know if you need any help when it arrives. So are you ready for Monday? There’s a lot to do,” Shane said.

“I will, thank you. Yes, I think so; it’ll feel good to get started. I was going to fix some ramen, would you like some?” Kyu Jong asked as he made his way back into the kitchen.

“No thanks, I have to get going, I have a work meeting today unfortunately.”

“Ahh I see,” Kyu Jong nodded, grabbing a couple packages of ramen, starting to tare one open.

“Yeah, it’s really lousy, Kayla’s opening night is tonight and I wanted to be there for it, but I couldn’t get out of this meeting,” Shane sighed.

Kyu Jong turned, the package of ramen still in his hands, “Opening night?”

“Yeah, she’s in a play, her opening night is tonight. Normally I go, but I can’t because of the meeting, none of her friends are going I think since they all have plans too and I think Terrance is going to be a no show again, the . I can’t stand…” Shane sighed and stopped.

Kyu Jong frowned, “What about your parents?”

Shane winced, “Sore subject.”

His frown deepened, “ Mianhae, sorry.”

“Not your fault, it is a cause for contention between Kayla and dad, in any case, she’s alone and I feel bad.”

“Who is…Terrance?”

“Her ty boyfriend.”

Kyu Jong blinked.

“He’s not much of one if you ask me,” Shane muttered, shaking his head in disgust.

Kyu Jong looked off, deep in thought.

“Anyway man, I’m gonna head out, gotta get ready for that meeting.”

“Ok, but before you go, I want to ask you something…”

~~~

That Night…

Kayla hurried around, helping out where she could. She managed to get there the full three hours early and after getting dressed and make up applied, she been running around non-stop helping everyone get set up. Lejna arrived an hour later, stating she wished she’d arrived sooner, that more of her family was coming than expected and it had turned into an all out circus. Kayla couldn’t help but laugh at Lejna’s frazzled expression, she was typically so easy going, she never really got riled, but it appeared her family could do that to her.

They worked quickly, managing to get through a quick dress rehearsal before people started arriving. She and Lejna were chatting amongst themselves, when suddenly one of the production assistants came in and called her name. Kayla looked over to see her coming forward, a huge bouquet of flowers in her arms. She passed them over to Kayla before hurrying back out.

“Those are beautiful,” Lejna sighed.

Kayla looked at them, locating the card; she took it out and opened it.

Sorry I couldn’t be there!

Good luck and break a leg, I love you!

-Terrance

She looked at the flowers and sighed, it was a massive and over the top bouquet. It was too much and while she appreciated it, she wanted him, not the flowers, just him. Sadly, he didn’t even bother to go with what she liked, but rather what he liked, as if he were trying to prove a point to anyone who may see it. He knew she was a “less is more” kind of person, but he liked everything to be flashy and gaudy and it’d only gotten worse lately. Kayla set the bouquet down and looked over at Lejna who gave her a sad smile.

“Sorry.”

Kayla shook her head, “Nothing for you to be sorry for. C’mon, let’s go,” she smiled.

Three Hours Later…

“Good job tonight everyone! The audience loved it and we had record-breaking ticket sales between the preorder and the ones purchased at the door. Tomorrow is looking to be more of the same, so be here same time tomorrow!” The director called and everyone started out the room.

Kayla grabbed the oversized bouquet of flowers and made her way out behind everyone else. Her fellow cast mates were meeting up with family and friends, the hallway was a live with laughter and chatter. She stopped by Lejna was surrounded by a massive crowd of people, her arms stuffed full of flowers. Kayla waved and she nodded her head, it was all she could manage, giving her a weak smile. Kayla chuckled and started making her way through the crowds of people towards the exit; there was no reason for her to stay any longer.

She looked up and stopped, she saw someone who looked familiar, he turned and their gazes connected, it was Kyu Jong! He smiled warmly and made his way over to her, she blinked and watched as he approached.

“Hello!” He smiled, bowing.

“Kyu Jong, what are you doing here?” Kayla asked, taking in his clothes.

He was dressed in black slacks and a deep blue dress shirt with a black necktie, more than one woman was eyeing him with appreciation. Kayla wondered if he had plans to go somewhere.

“I am here for you; I came to see you perform. These are for you, ahh, you already have some,” he said.

That was when she noticed he had a small bouquet of flowers in his hands that he was now holding out to her.

“M-me? You’re here for me?” She stuttered.

He nodded, “Your performance was very good, I enjoyed it,” Kyu Jong smiled.

She looked down at the flowers, he’d brought her flowers, he barely knew her and he brought her flowers.

“Do you not like them? I’m sorry…”

“No no, that’s not it at all…I’m…” she shook her head, walking over, she found a clear spot and set the large bouquet Terrance had gotten her down and turned to Kyu Jong, taking the one he’d gotten for her, looking down at it. “No, they’re great, perfect actually, just what I like. Thank you Kyu Jong, I…thank you,” she said softly, feeling overwhelmed.

“You’re welcome, your brother told me tonight was your opening night and there was no one here to support you. I’ve had a few things at home I’ve done, opening night is a big thing, not just for the director and such, but equally for the actors and everyone, you need support. It wouldn’t be right for you to be alone,” Kyu Jong explained.

“I can’t believe you came, I’m overwhelmed, thank you so much, you don’ know how much this means to me, knowing there was someone out there for me. You barely know me, but you did this for me…thanks,” she felt closing, she shook her head.

“It is nothing, you helped me yesterday, this was a great way to learn more about you and to thank you as well, it’s not much…”

She shook her head again, “It is, it’s more than you’ll ever know,” she said, looking over at the bouquet Terrance had given her then back over at him, he was watching her steadily and she couldn’t look away. They stared at each other, something flickering between them.

“Kayla, you’re still here! You got more flowers, those are beautiful, even better than the ones Terr…oh!”

Kayla tore her gaze away to see Lejna standing beside her.

“Hey Lejna, this is Kyu Jong Kim, he’s here on a work study from South Korea, Kyu Jong this is Lejna, my friend and cast mate.”

Lejna’s eyes widened when Kyu Jong bowed.

“I am Kyu Jong, It is nice to meet you, you did well tonight, I enjoyed your performance,” he said, giving her a soft smile

Lejna beamed, a faint blush rising on her cheeks, “Thank you, it’s nice to meet you as well.”

“Ahh Kayla before I forget, would you sign this for me please?” Kyu Jong asked, pulling his program out along with a sharpie, handing both to her.

“You want my autograph?” She blinked.

“Ne, you never know, when you become famous, it’ll be worth a lot of money,” he winked.

“Wow…” Lejna whispered, staring longingly at Kyu Jong.

“O-oh, ok sure, I’ve never been asked for my autograph before,” Kayla said, taking the Sharpie and program.

“It is a nice feeling,” Kyu Jong said smiling as he took the flowers back while she wrote before handing them back to her when she finished.

She nodded, “It really is, I can only imagine how entertainers feel,” she said.

Kyu Jong took the program and Sharpie back and then passed them over to Lejna.

“Me too?!” She gasped.

He nodded, “Of course, I’m a fan of yours too.”

Kayla looked over at her and grinned, if Lejna could’ve melted into a puddle, she would’ve just then. She watched as Lejna took the program, signed it and then handed it back to Kyu Jong, staring at him adoringly.

“Thank you,” he said, giving them both a bow.

Just then, one of Lejna’s family members came up, tapping her on the shoulder.

“I have to go; it was nice meeting you Kyu Jong.”

“Yes, likewise,” he smiled.

“Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow Kayla,” Lejna smiled, giving Kyu Jong one more smile before heading off.

“That was pretty awesome Kyu Jong, thanks for that.”

“Every performer should be asked for their signature at least once in their career.”

Kayla had never even thought about that before, but she had to agree. She looked over at Kyu Jong, “Would you like to go for a cup of cocoa?”

Kyu Jong smiled, “Yes, I would.”

____________________________________________________________

a/n: We're slowly learning more about Kayla and her life as is Kyu Jong. I love to see how Kyu Jong reacts to things and him interacting with the new people he meets, he presents a very wholesome pure image of himself, makes me wonder if there isn't a bit more there. Wasn't that ending sweet? I think it gives a glimpse of how the relationship between the two is going to go and the kind of impact he's going to have in her life. I'd love to hear your thoughts as always. Thanks to all my subscribers, I appreciate you all!! See you soon!