Seven

Pitiful Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk had started spending more evenings round my house, but only when I called him to come over because I felt unsafe or scared. He wouldn’t have come over if I had not called him.

It was a Friday evening, so we didn’t even have school the next day and I didn’t have to worry about getting up early for school. Then I remembered that I was going to the cinema the next evening with Hana, Hyosung and Sunhwa.

“Can I ask you a favour?” I whispered as I lay in Yongguk’s arms and his fingers gently through the length of my hair. He made an ‘Mmhmm’ sound, signalling for me to continue with my question. “I’m going to the cinema tomorrow evening and I wondered if you could meet me afterwards and walk me home.” I questioned and then realised that it probably sounded like I really wanted to see him. “It’s just in case the stranger is around.” I clarified and Yongguk was quiet for a moment; I presumed that he was thinking about it.

“Yeah, just let me know when to meet you.” He replied and a small smile developed on my lips.

After that conversation had finished, the two of us started to fall asleep. As I drifted off I heard Yongguk mutter something sleepily. I couldn’t make it exactly what he said, but it sounded like ‘I wish you loved me, like I love you’. I was confused for a moment but then sleep overtook me and I forgot about his perplexing words.

 

The following morning I woke up to movement on the bed. I opened my eyes as Yongguk slipped out of the bed, careful not to disturb me. I glanced at the clock on the bedside table and it read ‘9.45am’. I sighed when I realised that it was still relatively early. Upon hearing my sigh, Yongguk turned to face me as he pulled his t-shirt on, over his head.

“Sorry, I’ve got to go.” He vaguely spoke and I frowned but didn’t move from where I was laying. “Himchan needs my help with something.” He added to his excuse and I just nodded. He walked over to me when he was dressed and sat on the edge of the bed. He leant down and planted a short kiss on my head before he stood up and walked towards my door.

“Remember to text me about when to meet you later.” He reminded me and I turned to him with a nod then he left me alone in my room once more. It seemed like a pattern, he always had stuff to do in the morning related to his friends; it was all very mindboggling.

 

+ + Yongguk’s P.O.V + +

After I had left JiEun’s house I contacted Himchan in regards to the next and hopefully final stage of my plan. I instructed him to go to my apartment and wait there until I showed up.

I arrived at my apartment and Himchan was sat on the sofa with Zelo beside him. The two of them were playing video games and briefly acknowledged me with a nod of the head as I entered the apartment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter