Six

Pitiful Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat curled up on my bed for what seemed like ages, until my phone rang. Cautiously I looked at the buzzing item in my hand and checked the I.D. I answered it just to hear a couple of words uttered.

“I’m here.” Yongguk’s voice spoke through the phone and I felt a wave of relief spread through me. I felt safer knowing that Yongguk would be around for the night, just until morning and the stranger was gone. I never knew how long they hung around for; I just presumed it was the entire night.

 

I exited my bedroom and crept down the stairs, careful not to make too much noise that could wake my parents up. I reached the front door then quickly unlocked and opened it. Yongguk stood there in just a t-shirt and jeans exactly like the last time. He entered my house, closed and locked the door himself and took hold of my hand. Not saying a word and led me upstairs to my bedroom. We entered my room and I locked the door as he closed my curtains and began to remove his clothes. When he was just in his boxers he got into my bed. He lay facing me as I climbed into the space on the bed beside him. I faced him and he placed his hand on my arm, lightly it with his fingertips. I was tired and scared before, but ever since Yongguk had shown up I felt a lot safer; like everything was gonna be okay. He leant in and planted a sweet kiss on my forehead.

“Get some sleep, I’ll watch over you.” He whispered and I closed my eyes. I felt Yongguk’s strong arms embrace my body as I started to enter my dream world.

 

The next morning when I awoke, I was surprised that Yongguk was still in my bed. Every other time that he had stayed over, he had always been gone by the time I woke up. He was gazing at me when I opened my eyes and I pulled away from him, since I had my arms wrapped loosely around his bare upper body. I sat up in my bed but he didn’t move.

“Are you okay?” He questioned me in a hushed voice, in case my parents heard him. I didn’t speak, I just nodded. “It didn’t feel right, leaving early when you were so upset and worried.” He explained and I nodded once more.

“It’s fine.” I replied. “I just don’t know why this is happening to me.” I sighed and we looked into each other’s eyes for a couple of seconds before I looked away.  I got out of bed and started getting ready for school as he got dressed into his clothes from the night before. I found it hard not to get distracted by his toned, muscular body as he pulled his t-shirt on. He turned to face me and I immediately averted my eyes to my mirror and not him. It felt like he was going to say something, but his phone rang interrupting his potential sentence. He let out a quiet groan of frustration and answered the call.

“What do you want, Zelo?” he questioned bluntly as I finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter