Three

Pitiful Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+ + JiEun’s P.O.V + +

Ever since I had argued with Yongguk in school, everything had been quiet. There was not much tormenting and the little amount there was, came in the appearance of quiet comments I’d hear as I walked passed them in the corridor. Yongguk had not tried to talk to me and neither had he come to my house like usual; it all seemed a bit weird to me. Why would be suddenly stop? Surely it wasn’t simply because I got angry once, right?

 

After school one day, I walked home alone since my friends lived in other directions. It was getting dark early so I walked at a quick pace instead of dawdling. It was quiet in the streets; all I could hear was the wind when it rustled the trees. Whilst I was walking, I noticed a figure on the other side of the road. It had the appearance of a man, he was tall and wore dark clothes; the atmosphere around that guy just seemed bad, so I put my head down and carried on my way home.

I rounded a corner and sighed thankfully when I realised my home wasn’t far from my location. I heard a scuff of a shoe a few metres behind me and my heart rate accelerated in fear. I cautiously glanced back over my shoulder to where I heard the noise, but no-one was there. I frowned in confusion as I returned my attention to the direction I was walking. Was the noise just in my head? As I continued walking, I got the feeling that there was someone watching me. I heard the scuff of a shoe once more and spun around to check behind me. Across the road, I saw the same man from before, fully dressed in dark clothes and he was walking in the same direction as I was. I couldn’t see his face since the shadow of his hood, hid his features from my view. My heart was still racing as I sped up my walking pace to get home and forget all about that strange experience.

 

That evening, after I had completed my homework for the next day I was called down to dinner by my father. I immediately put my books away and ran down the stairs. I greeted my parents with a smile as the three of us sat down to eat. I glanced in awe at the food my mother had pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter