One

Pitiful Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every day I faced the same trouble and I could never seem to escape it. Whenever I was in school, my day was always ruined by him; Bang Yongguk. It had been that way for months, ever since our relationship ended. I constantly questioned how we came to that point, but I could never figure it out in my head. We used to be so happy together, but it turned out he wasn’t the guy I thought he was. He’d become more mysterious and withdrawn after we split up, until the tormenting started. Even though I never did anything to annoy or hurt him, he still irritated me every day. I just wish I knew why.

 

“Yah, Song!” His familiar deep voice called out to me from the other end of the corridor. A sullen sigh escaped my lip as I closed my locker, but refused to meet his intense eyes.

“Go away.” I quietly whispered, knowing that he couldn’t hear me.

“What’s wrong with you?” He spoke curiously as he reached where I was stood. I finally plucked up the courage and looked up at the face of my tormentor. He looked down at me from his taller height with a powerful gaze that felt like it could see directly into my soul.

“Did you not hear me calling you?” He questioned me, with an almost amused expression.

“I might’ve if you’d used my name.” I bluntly replied and turned to go to class. Unfortunately I had all the same classes with Yongguk, so he proceeded to follow behind me like a shadow; I just couldn’t escape.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?” I muttered loud enough for Yongguk to hear, but he chose to stay silent. “It’s like you’re obsessed or something.” Yongguk suddenly let out a husky laugh at my words, but I just chose to ignore him. I rounded a corner before I unexpectedly landed on the floor. I cradled my elbow, which I had knocked against the cold, hard floor of the corridor. I glanced around until my eyes spotted Himchan, a friend of Yongguk’s. He had a pleased look on his face as he pulled his foot back in. I glared at both him and Yongguk in frustration as I got back on my feet.

“You’re a bit clumsy aren’t you, Song?” Yongguk chuckled in a low tone as he strode past me and into the classroom with Himchan. To think; that was just the start of the day.

 

The brief escape I got from him during the day was when the lunchtime break came around and I was distracted by my friends. I sat with 3 girls, with whom I was close; they knew of my troubles with Yongguk, but there wasn’t much they could do to help.

“What’s bothering you, JiEun?” Sunhwa, one of the girls, queried and I looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter