Five

Our Symphony | {HIATUS}

A/N: You can listen to this at one point if you want

 
 
 
-;
 
 
"Yoona?!"
 
The young and pale faced girl, dropped her tray of cupcakes and covered . Tear were b down on her cheek. "Do-Donghae?" Her voice soft and it came out as a whisper. Donghae stood up and slowly stepped forward towards her. Tiffany was confused and could only watch the scene in front of her. "Is.. is it really you, Yoona?" He tried to take a hold of her hand, but Yoona only stepped backwards. "I-I'm s-sorry..." She was now sobbing, so much that her legs were wobbling. She took an other step back and ran away from the scene, leaving Donghae standing on his spot.
 
"I'm so sorry, Donghae.. so sorry."
 
 
-;
 
 
It was dead silent in the house. Donghae's grandma came couple of seconds later after Yoona left, finding Donghae on the floor crying his heart out Tiffany rubbing his back and hugging him at the same time. They tried to ask them what was wrong, but Tiffany could only give them a sad look. It really hurt her to see Hae in this kinda condition, but what even more hurt was that, the way he looked at Yoona. It was a look, that he hasn't given to her... a look full of love.
 
"I'm so sorry that this had to turn out like this.." she rested her old hands on her back.
 
"Oh it's okay, I actually had a important meeting today so no worries.." except that my heart is broken to pieces.
 
"But aish... but I guess I'll be seeing you a lot more in the future", she chuckled. "I can't wait for the wedding."
 
I gave her a small smile and bit my goodbye to the old couple. I walked my way to the near bus stop and stood there waiting.. and waiting.. until it started to rain. I sighed and couldn't care less if I would get wet. Few minutes later the grumpy old bus came. I sat myself to the window seat. The bus was nearly empty; only a old man and a young couple holding each others hands. They were poking each others noses and kissing each other sweetly and other lovey dovey things. I rested my head on the window, not baring to watch the couple anymore. I took my mp3 from my bag and putted it in shuffle. A lovely song came and it was The day we'll meet again (우리가 다시 만날 날) by Yiruma.
 
A tear escaped out of my eye, thinking about today and what happened. I quickly whipped it away with my sleeve. Danmit, don't cry fany.. don't be a crybaby.
 
Eventually I fell on a sweet slumber and was waked up by the busdriver itself. I grabbed my things and bowed apologizing to the driver and walked my way to my home.
 
 
-;
 
 
-RING-
 
"Hello?" Donghae answered.
 
"Donghae-shi.." called a small feminine voice.
 
"Yoona..?"
 
"Yes, Donghae.. it's me... I need to talk to you."
"..."
 
"Donghae?"
 
"... ok. Let's meet at the Coffee Shop."
 
"Okay. bye."
 
".. Goodbye Yoona." He hanged up.
 
 
~{COFFEE SHOP};
 
 
"Hi.." Yoona sat opposite of Donghae. The small coffee shop had a warm and home like feel to it. They were sitting on the farest table on the corner. Donghae was playing with his coffee cup. He looked up from his coffee and noticed how prettily she had dressen'; on a tidy and simple black and white dress and with black bootees, made her look stunning. He shaked his head slightly trying to erase the sudden though. "Hey." He greeted.
"Hmm.. Do you want some coffee?"
 
"No thanks. I don't drink coffee." Oh, yeah.. I should have known that, he thought.
 
"Well what did you wanna tell me? Probably the reason why you faked your death and left me in pain and sadness for all of these years?" He told bitterly.
 
Yoona's expression went bland as she looked down. "Okay, first off all I want to say is I'm sorry.. I know it won't change the past in no way and it won't erase your painful years.. but you have to understand that I had to do it.. for my family and.. for my life." she trailed off.
 
"Why..?" He could only simply ask.
 
"Because..."
 
"Because of what, Yoona? Tell me.. For God's sake tell me!" Donghae's voice went higher as he was growing impatient.
"Donghae, I had cancer." In a second all of Donghae's rage went down as she blurred it out. He slowly sat down and looked at her blankly.
 
"C-cancer?" His lower lip started to tremble.
 
 
"Yes, Donghae..."
 
 
~{FLASHBACK};
 
 
"Im Yoona, the results have been revealed.." The white jacket doctor came to their room, seeing how impatiently she and her parents were.
 
"What's the result, doctor?" Yoona's mother asked as she hold both her daughters hands.
 
 
"I'm sorry to say this, but your daughter has a 3rd degree malignant neoplasm." The doctor looked apologized to the family.
 
"Wha-what does it mean?" Her dad trembled.
 
Doctor sighed before continued "Mr. and Mrs. Im.. It's my sorry to say that your daugher has cancer on his throat." Both of her parents gasped and started to sob on to their beautiful daughter. Yoona had stayed silent for the whole time, not showing any emotions. But then it hit her.. She was gonna die.
 
-;
 
"Yoongie~!"Donghae came towards her happily taking her to a big hug. She only slightly smiled. Donghae brake the hug and touched her cheek with his hand. He had been noticing that Yoona hasn't been herself lately. Her eyes weren't shining like before, her hair was getting thinner and thinner the more he touched it and she was more paler than ever. "Baby.. are you okay?" He asked sweetly not taking his eyes of her face. Yoona's heart wavered a little bit, both from his sweet words and from the sadness what filled her heart at that moment. Yoona looked down and couldn't help, but to get teary. "Oppa.. If I ever gonna leave you, please.. promise me that you'll move on and find another girl and get married with her and live happily ever after." Donghae was surprised from her sudden words. He took her hands to his and looked at her worriedly. "What are you saying, Yoona? are you gonna leave me?" Yes. "That's not important.. just promise me that you'll do it, okay?" She looked at him lovingly and tried to hold her tears. "Yes. I promise Yoong.."
 
Couple of months later she started to avoid Donghae slowly by rejecting his dates and missing his calls and texts. She was now living in the hospital on room 305. Her hair was now mostly gone and she was most of the time spending her time reading a book or just looking outside of the window. Yoona stuttered from the sudden phone call and she sighed as she read the callers name. 
 
"Hi, Oppa~" She tried to sound happy.
 
"Yoona! Why haven't you been answering my texts or calls? I've started to get worried..." 
 
She quickly came up with a lie "Sorry oppa.. I've been really busy with studying and spending time with my family.."
 
"How can you study when you haven't been on school either?"
 
"I've changed for home teacher.. My parents say that it's for the best." she lied again.
 
"Oh.."
 
"Yeah.."
 
"..."
 
"Donghae.."
 
"Yes, Yoong?"
 
"... I just want you to know that I'll leave and wait for a train; a train that will take me far away. I know where I hope this train will take me, but I can't be sure, but that doesn't matter, because well be together." A tear escaped her eye as she started to repeat it more and more silently to him.
 
"Y-Yoona... what are you talking about?"
 
 
"... well be together. I'll leave and wait for a train; ...-"
 
"Yoona! please don't say that. Are you okay sweetie? has something happened to you?" he started to get teary eyed on the other line.
 
She stopped and sniffed. "Donghae, goodbye.. saranghae."
 
"W-Wait~! Yoo-"
 
She hanged up, before he could say anything more to her. She started uncomfortably cry and sob. This was her last goodbyes to him, before she could leave him and suffer him even more.
 
 
She was alone.
 
 
~{END OF FLASHBACK};
 
 
Donghae was silent after the story that she told him. She was now crying silently, not wanting the whole shop to see her. 
 
"So all of this.. you did it for me?" he finally spoke up.
 
She raised her face and nodded slowly. "2 weeks later I got a suggestion from the doctor that I would go and leave Seoul to Busan to go and take the surgery, which well.. saved my life eventually. Before that I cheated my death and drove my car to the lake, not thinking that I would survive the surgery. I didn't want you to know about my illness and wanted you to live a happy live.. even if it was without me. But for my surprise I survived. I didn't have the guts to go back to Seoul and live happily again with you, thinkinh that you already had a beautiful wife and kids playin' around your house. I didn't want to ruin your life again." Donghae placed his hands on hers and said to her. "Yoona.. you have never ruined my life. You were important to me and you still are, but not in the way it used to. Thank you, for sharing this to me and not hiding it from me. You're a beautiful girl and you deserve a man that really can love you. I forgive you. Thank you Im Yoona." He kissed her forehead and left her sitting on her place. A small smile came on her face as she touched her forehead.
 
 
"Thank you, Donghae."
 
 
 
 
 
-
A/N: well, did ya like it? hehe. This mostly was about Yoona's past and hers and Donghae's love life. Hopefully you liked it :3 BTW: Sorry for not writing SeoKyu recently D: I've wanted to focus on HaeFany lately, because of all the drama and stuff. So better make HaeFany together soon~! But don't worry SeoKyu will come to the spotlight soon :) And for all of the people who want to know why Kyu left Seo.. you'll see soon! :D be impatient! again sorry of the grammar and bla bla bla.. LOLOL.
 
 
love ya <3
 
emmy/em&em/emily
 
xoxoxo