Painting of You (chap 3)

Painting of You

 

Taemin walked down the hallway, hands holding a few scripts for the acting class that he was told to bring due to his lateness yesterday. Taemin read one of the scripts, not focusing on his way.  His eyes were too focused on the piece of paper he was reading.

Suddenly, a body made contact to his body, making him almost fall. Luckily, he didn’t fall backwards, but the contact had successfully scattered all of the scripts. Cursing slightly, he bent down to pick the scripts, didn’t even care to glance at the stranger in front of him.

“Sheesshh… I think the god of unluckiness had settled on me…” Taemin mumbled under his breath. His hands wandering around the floor, grabbing the papers back together.

“Ooh… I’m sorry. I’m in a hurry.” A voice, along with slim hands of the stranger startled him. The stranger was bent down in the same position as him, picking up all the papers he could reach. His hair was falling slightly, covering his face. But, that didn’t prevent Taemin to notice the beautiful feature of the boy in front of him.

Then, he noticed the boy, the flawless feature and the slim form. It was none other than …

“Uuhh… Key-hyung?” Taemin asked. The boy looked up, and indeed, it was Kibum (or as Taemin called, Key-hyung). The pretty senior looked at him for a while. Their gaze locked.

Kibum gave him a rather forced smile, the one he usually put on in front of him. Taemin really didn’t know the reason behind the smile, one thing he knew for sure is that Kibum never did once approach him or even talked to him, considering they were in the same section, acting class. He always gave a reason to himself that maybe Kibum hated him. But of course, he didn’t know for sure.

“Umm… hey. Here are your papers. Sorry to bumped you. Bye.” And in the next minute, Kibum was gone. Into the crowd of students in the hallway. Taemin stood still for a while, his gaze never leaving the senior’s back until it was fully hidden from his sight.

‘That smile again’ he thought sadly. ‘What did I ever do that make him hates me?’ again, Taemin was left wandering with his mind. ‘Haahh...I have no idea at all.’

He then made a rush to the library where he was supposed to meet his hyungs. The library was not far away from where he bumped into Kibum, so in a matter of seconds, there he was, eyes searching for two certain figures. He spotted them right away, thanks to Minho’s tall figure. 

Jinki and Minho was sitting right beside the large window, near a tall bookshelf. They were a bit hidden from the crowd of people, gathering around other tables, making assignments or just hanging around, reading books. Their table was placed almost at the corner, making them free to do anything without being notice by the librarian.

“Hey hyung.” Taemin took a seat beside Minho. Both of the older males were talking about something that seems interesting by the way they talk. They didn’t even notice Taemin until he greeted them.

“Hey Taemin-ah” Jinki replied, eyes on the younger boy.  He watched as Taemin has settled down before talking to him.

“Where have you been Taemin-ah?”  He asked. “I was looking all over the school for you.”

“Ha-ha...don’t lie hyung, I know you didn’t.”

“Okay, maybe not all over the school…. But I still looked for you! I looked for you in the main hall, but you weren’t there.” Jinki defended himself

“Oh! Hyung!” Minho tried to change the topic.

“Hm?”

“I saw you with a boy earlier in the morning, right in front of the main hall.” Minho tried to remember. Jinki looked at him with a questioning look on his face. Taemin, on the other hand, just looked at both his hyungs with question marks all over his head.

“Who was that?”

“Who was who?” Jinki knew Minho was referring to the person he met not long ago, the one that stole his attention. But, being a silly hyung as he was, he acted as if he didn’t know anything, just to play around with Minho.

“The boy.” Minho replied, impatient. Somehow Jinki always succeed in acting stupid with an ‘I don’t know what you mean’ look on his face. “Hyung, I know that you know what I mean, so don’t pretend as if you don’t.”

Taemin looked at both of his hyungs, confused. “Boy? What boy?”

“The boy Jinki hyung met earlier this day.”

“Who?” Taemin turned his attention to Jinki. “Who hyung? Tell me...”

Jinki sighed. “Fine. I’ll tell you... but first, it’s not a boy, she is a girl..”

Flashback

“You’re not a girl! You’re a boy!” Jinki exclaimed. Kibum stood there, stunned. He lost his words at Jinki’s sudden statement.

‘WHAT?!’

Kibum looked at Jinki as if he had grown another head. “What did you just say?”

Jinki took in the sight of a surprised-rather-pissed Kibum, his eyes wondered from Kibum’s face down to his flat chest and slim figure then back up to his face again. Okay, he IS a boy!

Jinki was at a loss for words. The girl who he had dreamt of last night was really a boy! A beautiful one that is. Then another thought came up. Maybe, she’s just acting as a boy. afterall, she is an acting student. Jinki smiled at that thought, thinking that the person in front of him was really a girl and that ‘she’ was just acting as a boy.

Kibum noticed the smiling face of Jinki as he was looking at him and wondered about the older one’s thought.

“uumm.. hello?”  Kibum waved his hands in front of Jinki’s face. “anything wrong?”

Jinki abruptly shook his head. He stood up straight and coughed. He must not seem like an idiot, he thought. He must make a good impression so that the girl would accept his offer to be his model.

“nothing. I’m really fine. Thank you for your concern though.” Jinki flashed his sweetest smile.

Kibum stared at Jinki strangely. ‘he’s weird’.

“Okay.. can you please move away then? You’re blocking the way” Jinki looked behind him and realized that he was blocking the entrance to the main hall. Noticing that, he moved aside, giving space for the ‘beautiful girl’ to pass, his eyes kept eyeing the ‘girl’s’ face.

‘she really is beautiful, eventhough she kinda looked like a boy with that short hair. I really want to paint her’

“excuse me?” Kibum stopped in his tracks and looked back at Jinki.

“yes?”

“Well I was wondering if you can-“ Jinki’s sentence was cut by a shout coming from the main hall. Both boys looked inside, seeing a boy beckoning Kibum to come inside quickly.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go.” Kibum excused himself and got inside. Jinki smiled at him while cursing inside his minds. He stared at Kibum retreating back and sighed. ‘it’s gonna be hard to make ‘her’ my model.’

Soon enough, Minho came to him.

“what happened hyung?”

“I found her, Minho. I found her. And I’m gonna ask her to be my model next time.”

End of flashback

Taemin nodded his head.

“hhmm.. so that mysterious girlis in the same class as me?” Jinki nodded. ‘ but, I don’t remember seeing a girl like what Jinki hyung said.. well, there is someone who fits the description.. could it be.. naahh.. it can’t be..”

Taemin shrugged off his suspicion. Little did he know that in fact his suspicion is true..

_____

“Hey! My baby boy.. do you miss your hyung?” Jonghyun greeted Kibum with a wide grin on his face. Kibum smiled a little at that but hide it.

“Hyung.. I’m not your baby boy. I’m a grown up already.” Kibum whined. Jonghyun laughed hard seeing his dongsaeng’s reaction and pinched his cheeks.

“you’re too cute for your own good you know”

“No, I don’t know.” Kibum smiled a little.

“So, my house again?” Jonghyun put his arms around the younger’s shoulder. Kibum shook his head, no.

“I think I’ll go home this time. Tonight I have my shift though.” Jonghyun frowned , knowing the younger’s job at the café.

“I don’t approve you working at night.” Kbum looked down. He always knew that his hyung didn’t like the fact that he’s working, no matter what the job is.

“I need the money though. You know what I want hyung.” Jonghyun sighed.

“I do.” He looked at Kibum, a playful grin on his face. “but still a baby boy should be sleeping in his house at night listening to stories and lullabies. I’d be glad to read you one to sleep.”

Kibum pouted and hit his hyung playfully while Jonghyun laughed harder and louder. He had a lot of fun teasing his dongsaeng. They both had a great time walking while teasing each other, not noticing a pair of eyes that was watching them all the time.

 

 

_____

A/N

and here's the very late update of my story >.<

I'm very sorry *bows down* you must be very disappointed at me, right? right? I hope I didn't lose my readers though, enjoy this chapter and tell me what you think.. ^^

rave