Painting of You (chap 1)

Painting of You

“hyung..”

A young boy with brown hair and neat uniform tried to wake the sleeping figure on the desk in front of him. The young boy was standing in the middle of a class. It was almost evening and the class was empty, leaving him and the unwaken boy alone. 

“hyung…wake up..”, he whined, seeing the unmoved form. The boy was getting impatient. With his full force, he shook the boy’s shoulder once again while screaming with all his might.

“JINKI HYUNG!! WAKE UP!!”

Jinki shifted from his position, moving his head from side to side. He got up, looked around the empty class and yawned. 

“Hoaahhmm… 5 more minutes umma..” 

And with that, he placed his head on the desk once again, taking the most comfortable position to continue his sleep. The younger one was losing his patience, he was getting annoyed by the other boy’s reaction.

“fine. If you don’t wake up, I’ll leave you alone so you can sleep over here. And don’t you dare come home.”

He kicked the table in annoyance and walked out of the class, leaving the older one alone. The other didn’t seem to bother and just drifted away in dreamland. 

A few minutes later, the same boy returned to the class, he just couldn’t leave his hyung alone like that.

“hyung-ah..wake up..I’ll be late for my practice if don’t wake up NOW.” He emphasized the word now to the older one. Finally, after he nagged for about half an hour, Jinki woke up.

“Hhmm… where’s everyone? Am I late for something?” Jinki rubbed his sleepy eyes and stared at the younger one who was pouting to him.

Jinki laughed at the boy’s cuteness and ruffled his hair. 

“hahahaha..don’t be so angry Taemin-ah..”

“I’ve been trying to wake you up for the last hour and you just laugh??” Taemin pouted even more, ignoring the numerous apologies that Jinki showered him. But of course, being a good boy he was, he forgave his hyung almost immediately. He even laughed when Jinki tried to make a cute pouting face.

After a couple of minutes laughing together, they rushed out the classroom and walked towards the main hall where the school’s acting class were doing some practice, in which Taemin was late to attend.

“by the way hyung, what did you do this time that made you didn’t sleep properly again?” Taemin asked. He knew Jinki very well. 

Although Jinki was one of the best art student in the school, he was always caught sleeping in class, during his lessons. And the reason behind all of that was of course, drawing. Their school was an art school with different majors. There were acting, drawing, music and many more. Jinki majored in drawing and Taemin in acting.

“well.. the moon looked so beautiful last night and I was tempted to make it last forever on my sketchbook” he grinned sheepishly.

Taemin just shook his head in disbelief.

“where’s Minho by the way? He was supposed to wake me up in case I’ve fallen asleep.”

“he’s off practicing with his friends. And he DID try his best to wake you up. but unfortunately he failed.”

Taemin explained with a blaming tone which made Jinki apologizing to him again.

“Oh, hyung..”

“hm?”

“Mrs. Kim was looking for you earlier. She said that there’s something important to tell you.” Taemin stopped their tracks in front of the teacher’s room.

“Maybe you should ask her right now. I know that she’s still in there.” Taemin pointed at the door.

Jinki looked at the door and nodded.

“Okay then. I’ll meet you at the main hall when I’m finished.” Taemin nodded and ran to the main hall. He knew for sure that he would be scolded for being extremely late.

Jinki knocked on the door twice and waited for an answer.

“come in”
_________________________________

“Please..please..don’t go..don’t leave me alone..”

A girl was crying, her hands were holding tightly to a man’s sleeve. The man yanked his arm and faced the girl with an apologetic look.

“I..I..I can’t. I’m sorry. I have to go. Goodbye..” 

Then he walked away. The girl kept crying, watching the man leave.

“STOP!! STOP!!”

A voice echoed throughout the main hall, making everyone stop their activity. He approached the previous man with an unreadable face.

“Key…you…you were..” he paused for a while, his head hung low.

Kibum, who was also known as Key, tilted his head to the side, curious about the other’s saying.

“you were…AMAZING!! WOOW!! You’ve got talent there..” he patted Kibum’s shoulder while kept complimenting him.

Kibum gave him a short smile. 

“Thank you Jiyoung hyung. You’ve been helping me all this time.”

“It’s okay. Anytime you need me.” He laughed, hands on Kibum’s shoulders, patting him proudly. The other students also smiled seeing the view in front of them.

Suddenly the door was opened with a loud voice, revealing a panting Taemin. His cheeks were red from all the running.

“sorry.. I’m.. late.. hyung” he managed to say in between his panting.
The said man released his grip on Kibum’s shoulder and approached the poor kid.

“Yah! Do you know what time is it?” Jiyoung scolded the younger one while Taemin kept apologizing. Then the smile on Kibum’s face slowly faded away. He grabbed his bag and headed outside the main hall.

Kibum just walked aimlessly, not knowing where his feet was taking him. He just wanted to go far enough from the main hall. 

_________________________

“hmmm…what should I do?” Jinki asked himself. He already met his teacher. And he was excited, hearing the information that was given to him.

He walked towards the main hall, busy with his own mind. There would be a painting exhibition at his school and he was asked to present his paintings.

“hhmm…I wonder..what will I draw? The moon? Nahh..to simple” 

Jinki kept blabbering his own thoughts, not noticing a walking Kibum from the opposite direction from him. Accidentally, they bumped into each other. Jinki was taken back from his running thoughts, he looked in front of him. A younger student was picking up the shattered papers or maybe scenarios?

“are you okay?” Jinki offered the stranger a hand. He picked up one of the shattered papers and indeed he was right. It was a scenario to some romantic drama.

Kibum nodded his head and gathered his scenarios. he also took the one that was held out to him by Jinki. Soon enough, Kibum was walking away, ignoring the questioning eyes of the senior.

Jinki looked back at Kibum’s figure, admiring the perfect body of his.

“was that a girl? Sure looked like one.” Jinki continued his walk

“maybe it is a girl. Cute enough. She seems to be one of the acting students, mabe I’ll get Taemin to introduce her to me.” 

Jinki smiled to himself, his mind was now divided into two parts. One, the exhibition. Two, Kibum, who he thought was a girl.

 

****

first chapter here!! enjoy and please leave a comment

 

rave